IGNORED

Rotherham (a) – Sat 12th December 15:00 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness I’m not sure I’ve seen a team this season we can play against. Like I’ve said many times before, the performances warrant the sack for Holden, fortunately for him, the results don’t. 

You think so? After 18 games with a severely shortened pre-season (largely because the board took six weeks to make the appointment)?

I mean... we've been absolutely dreadful today, and pretty poor across the board, but come on.

Just now, pongo88 said:

That’s being unfair to Rotherham. They’ve created a lot of chances forcing Bentley to make saves and City have had one shot on target. We’re not really any better at regularly picking up points against the “football playing teams” either

I like “high energy Warnockball” from City. Then we might win matches like this 

I’d argue it’s an accurate description of Rotherham, it’s clearly effective, certainly against us. Can’t say I’d want to watch us play this style of football week in week out, have it in the locker perhaps.

1st half summary:

Bollocking incoming.....and rightly so.  

Half-hearted in far too many sequences of play.  If they didn't see a physical battle coming, they know all about it now.  A few have been passengers, not up for it.

The amount of runners just being allowed to move the wrong side. Jeeeeez.

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I'm glad you gave me an excuse to go looking for it and have a break from this crap!

I think the season before the game there was one of the first on red button; if I remember it was 0-0 - and it was certainly one of the worst games of football Ive ever see!

And who can forget ‘Halford’ Gate. Most annoyed I’ve ever been at a game and that’s saying something! 

Just now, The Journalist said:

You think so? After 18 games with a severely shortened pre-season (largely because the board took six weeks to make the appointment)?

I mean... we've been absolutely dreadful today, and pretty poor across the board, but come on.

Do you not agree that week in, week out our performances have been absolute horse shit?

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

He did it against Blackburn but Ayala headed past the post. Stop the ******* crosses coming in. Worst half of the season by miles 

we've been really good all-season at not giving away free-kicks around the box in either goos crossing or shooting positions.  We've saved them all up for today.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Do you not agree that week in, week out our performances have been absolute horse shit?

I don't think I'd go that far, personally, but it's definitely been pretty poor for plenty of the season. Today's been the worst half of football we've chucked in since that Huddersfield away game earlier in the year under Lee Johnson.

But... sackable stuff after 18 games in the circumstances? I struggle with that, and it feels an emotional response after a hideous 45 minutes, but each to their own.

Archived