IGNORED

Rotherham (a) – Sat 12th December 15:00 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Very frustrating game and performance from our perspective. They certainly deserved the win. 

We had just 4 shots with 2 on target, while they had 20 with 8 on target. We never got hold of the ball and throughout had no response to their high press and physical dominance.

Lots of frustration and lots of learning. 

Why are we still learning? That was always the excuse under LJ, why didn’t we get experience?

24 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We rarely ever had the same lineup two games in a row under LJ

He used to flog Marlon Pack and JB to death and never use the other options such as Walsh. Many dire games against teams like Ipswich where the two of them had clearly burned out but LJ never freshened up these key areas when it was obvious he should have.

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

Gilmartin criticising their style of play and saying you can get away with playing negatively with no fans in the ground is ironic. 

We played into their hands.

Forwards CONSTANTLY giving away silly free kicks.

Midfielders chasing shadows and only going backwards.

No excuses. And all I heard from Gilmartin on commentary was excuse excuse excuse

1 minute ago, La Plage said:

The commentator has just hit the nail on the head!! At least Dean will be honest and tell it like it is in his post match interview, well although he is more honest and talks less BS than his predecessor, he is still delivering the same mediocre Shit!!! 

Will he? His usual line is "not up to the standard we expect". Not really brutally honest.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Check Nottingham Forest under Hughton. Big names not always the answer!

Rather simplistic that, Mr P. Forest had problems already that we didn't have.

The simple fact is that we don't know how Hughton or anyone else would have done.  However it appears Pau Warne can get a team with under half our budget to dominate us.

I agree with @2015 that this isn't the worst we've played this season, it is one of the worst games for several seasons.

5 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Neither is promoting from within when you are already failing. The last promoting from within worked for us was over 30 years ago.

Perhaps the use of big name was wrong. I should have said proven track record.

Hughton has a proven track record too. Not saying I'd expect him to have Nottingham Forest in playoff contention by now but 13 points from his 14 games.

1 minute ago, La Plage said:

The commentator has just hit the nail on the head!! At least Dean will be honest and tell it like it is in his post match interview, well although he is more honest and talks less BS than his predecessor, he is still delivering the same mediocre Shit!!! 

Can we stop praising him for being honest. Surely no one gives a shit. Whether he bullshits us or is honest....unless he is going to start evolving this club on the pitch, he needs to move on . It's all well and good talking a good game in interviews but we are not seeing any progression whatsoever 

It's not like he has only been in charge for a few months and doesn't know how these players tick. He has been here 4 years 

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

I know we're rubbish but this referee is a joke!

Not detracting from how rubbish we are, but there's 6 minutes extra time given, there's a substitution and an injury in that time, yet with the clock on 6.08 you hear a loud shout from the Rotherham bench "come on ref" and he blows the final whistle. 

Deserved win. Totally bossed the game and had all the chances. Holden obviously didn't read Fevs prematch.

I'm fed up with hearing tired legs. Holden could have rotated easily over the last few games, but no.  Difficult with what we have available, but just one or two a game to keep them fresh. Instead the same players flogged week in, week out. 

Desperately need players to get fit .

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hughton has a proven track record too. Not saying I'd expect him to have Nottingham Forest in playoff contention by now but 13 points from his 14 games.

You mistakenly think I wanted Hughton Mr P. I actually was hoping for Paul Cook. We can’t continue to appoint from within. It cuts down the chance for innovation and fresh ideas.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Rather simplistic that, Mr P. Forest had problems already that we didn't have.

The simple fact is that we don't know how Hughton or anyone else would have done.  However it appears Pau Warne can get a team with under half our budget to dominate us.

I agree with @2015 that this isn't the worst we've played this season, it is one of the worst games for several seasons.

Dodgy internet connection or long term Coma?

5 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

The thing is even though I am a season ticket holder, I'm not actually missing the football

I've even stopped buying the game to watch now

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Feel exactly the same,don’t think I would be rushing to watch this even if I could, same old, same old,but are we surprised?

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought he fell for a lot of soft free kicks for them, but no way did he affect the result. We were 2nd best all over.

If only. We weren't even a close third best. Even the annoying 5 year old on the Rotherham matchday staff was better than us :(

We've got a desperately average squad and injuries have given it a distinctly cobbled together look.  Never how you'd want it looking that line-up, but there is not much else. 

I said pre-season mid-table beckons and so it does.

Play the youngsters perhaps? 

If we finish lower than Lee left us then it's massive rethink. Ta-ta Deano. And please Mr Lansdown, get your son and mates to step back and appoint a competent board.

5 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

You mistakenly think I wanted Hughton Mr P. I actually was hoping for Paul Cook. We can’t continue to appoint from within. It cuts down the chance for innovation and fresh ideas.

Fair buster. Cook would have been an interesting appointment, think he could've done well here.

Wigan had a nice mix of physicality and yet at times good possession. I think there were some possible issues with his contract, release clause and general availability but I'd have had Cook certainly.

I can accept loosing and don't like it, but cannot accept when we have been dominated by a bottom of the table team on a bad run. We don't seem to have any pattern to our play, strikers playing as wingers who look lost. We have got away with a few performances this year and been saved by Bentley, but today its caught up with us. 

3 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Pushed off the ball far too easy. All the good work done against Blackburn pissed up the wall today. Absolutely dreadful. Players need to take a hard look at themselves after that shite. That simply isn’t good enough. Shameful display.

City haven’t played well for a long time now under Holden. We have had some “lucky” results in games IMO, in games we could easily have lost if it wasn’t for Bentley who is player of the season so far for me.

Worried as it feels like Johnson Mark 2 to me.

Archived