IGNORED

Rotherham (a) – Sat 12th December 15:00 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dodgy internet connection or long term Coma?

Neither. It may not be the worst result in terms of goals against, but in terms of our performance against an out-of-form team that are very mediocre it was completely dire.

There were no saving graces to it. Nothing to give any hope. 

If you spotted anything positive, please let me know.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Neither. It may not be the worst result in terms of goals against, but in terms of our performance against an out-of-form team that are very mediocre it was completely dire.

There were no saving graces to it. Nothing to give any hope. 

If you spotted anything positive, please let me know.

It's full time?

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

City haven’t played well for a long time now under Holden. We have had some “lucky” results in games IMO, in games we could easily have lost if it wasn’t for Bentley who is player of the season so far for me.

Worried as it feels like Johnson Mark 2 to me.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s like the footballing ability is being coached out of the players again.....sound familiar?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Drop the wannabe hoolie act, son. It doesn't suit you.

You're a total embarassment. I have seen your posts on here for weeks. You try and take the moral high ground over fans who just want the best for Bristol City. 

Today was a totally unacceptable, pathetic performance in which tensions are rightly high, yet you come on here solely to bait. 

Go support the Gas or a Northern team, Northern Red

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Rather simplistic that, Mr P. Forest had problems already that we didn't have.

The simple fact is that we don't know how Hughton or anyone else would have done.  However it appears Pau Warne can get a team with under half our budget to dominate us.

I agree with @2015 that this isn't the worst we've played this season, it is one of the worst games for several seasons.

I'd expect them to be in and around Coventry say RR. Yes they lost their first 4 and that's a big handicap but it's a squad that was one game from playoffs last season.

They lost players, notably Cash but at the same time, brought in players ie Knockaert, solid Championship performer in Lyle Taylor.

I didn't expect them to he surging up the League but at same time, assumed they'd have been lower midtable by now.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

DH said in his pre match interview "We know exactly what type of game we will get against Rotherham.". So your plan was, did it work, if not why not. What are you going to do better next time? You have 24 hours to tell us your answer.

It's a good point well made. I do wonder if DH has managed to convey that fact to the players cos all the signs are that he didn't. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

And who can forget ‘Halford’ Gate. Most annoyed I’ve ever been at a game and that’s saying something! 

got to be the dirtiest cheating football pantomine event ever, even city fans were clapping Halford because they thought he was seriously injured, 10 mins later, up he jumps and sprints off, no surprise Colin was the Manager

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

You're a total embarassment. I have seen your posts on here for weeks. You try and take the moral high ground over fans who just want the best for Bristol City. 

Today was a totally unacceptable, pathetic performance in which tensions are rightly high, yet you come on here solely to bait. 

Go support the Gas or a Northern team, Northern Red

Whatever.

Stick to defending racism, you're better at that.

Very poor performance today but the criticism of Dean Holden is unreasonable.  Nearly completed half a season and we are four points off automatic promotion to the Premiership.  That's no fluke.  DH had done brilliantly given the injuries and the blooding of young players and so far we haven't gone on a streaky run of losses - we tend to bounce back.   We have Walsh and Williams to come back and maybe a signing or two in the January window.  So a lot of positives and a lot to look forward to and still very much in contention for the play-offs.   The more than healthy position in the table means DH deserves backing not negative sniping.  

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd expect them to he in and around Coventry say RR. Yes they lost their first 4 and that's a big handicap but it's a squad that was one game from playoffs last season.

They lost players, notably Cash but at the same time, brought in players ie Knockaert, solid Championship performer in Lyle Taylor.

I didn't expect them to he surging up the League but at same time, assumed they'd have been lower midtable by now.

They hadn't won in 6 and lost the three games before playing us. They were in awful form.

Holden's dream start to the season has us seventh when really it's our form that is lower midtable.

We miss Weimann much more than his critics would acknowledge IMO.

But even with the bad luck of injuries, DH still doesn't make decisions that give me any confidence whatsoever in him. He really doesn't inspire me at all. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

They hadn't won in 6 and lost the three games before playing us. They were in awful form.

Holden's dream start to the season has us seventh when really it's our form that is lower midtable.

We miss Weimann much more than his critics would acknowledge IMO.

But even with the bad luck of injuries, DH still doesn't make decisions that give me any confidence whatsoever in him. He really doesn't inspire me at all. 

Agree on Weimann. All-round package of some goals here, some assists there, energy and versatility. We could absolutely do with him now!

Moreover, he'd help with the current wide forward issue, probably bit more cover defensively and better ability to combine with Hunt in an attacking phase.

We had too many players off colour today for whatever reason.

Should , or indeed could, Holden have freshened the team up today ?

Rotherham played a simple agressive style of football that Colin would have been proud of and , disappointingly, we just didn’t have the answer despite all the knowledge we had on them and our own squad .

Today shows that we are a long way from being automatic promotion candidates but we should be capable of a playoff push as this division is wide open.

Onto Millwall who had a bad result today . 

Over to you Dean and the boys .

The amount of injuries are now perhaps starting to bite, not just the fact of missing those players, but the fact we now have no depth of squad and not able to rotate the players. To play 2 games a week every week, whilst also picking up on knocks, travelling and mental fatigue, is bound to affect the performance levels. The bench is so weak, apart from Fam, who should have started instead of Martin today, we have nothing, so when the game looks gone, would have liked the youngsters to get game time and experience.

Rotherham was the better team. We got the players we got and cant blame DH for the lost. Playing Famara and Wonderboy had not changed the result. We were poor and we played liked it was our first game of the season, no structure, no unit, nothing. We could have conceded more goals than two. Bentley did not have a lot of help today. Poor performance all over, COD and Bakinson gotta have a rest. Shit happens, new game vs Millwall lets take all points there. COYR!!!

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That should be put into context . Blackburn were shooting at any given chance . Vast majority , high wide and not very handsome. No excusing today , it was terrible but a better stat should be difficult saves Bentley has made . 

It’s also in context that we are letting teams into dangerous areas. They were all shots around the 20/25 yard mark. Poor yes, but it means teams are in good areas far far too often. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

We've got a desperately average squad and injuries have given it a distinctly cobbled together look.  Never how you'd want it looking that line-up, but there is not much else. 

I said pre-season mid-table beckons and so it does.

Play the youngsters perhaps? 

If we finish lower than Lee left us then it's massive rethink. Ta-ta Deano. And please Mr Lansdown, get your son and mates to step back and appoint a competent board.

Problem is, it won't be. This is Lansdown we're talking about

Archived