IGNORED

What excuse today

Topper 123

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

This last month of football has been shit , boring sideways football ,the other night Armstrong for Blackburn had more shots than we did in previous games added together, team doesn’t show any strengths to me apart from Bentley who saved us today from a massacre 

All from about 20+ yards & none of them troubled the goal, so what’s your point? I can stand in the middle of a pitch & constantly kick the ball at a goal showing very little regard or awareness for my team mates while not actually looking like I’ll ever score!

Is this now what makes a modern day footballer?

8 minutes ago, tin said:

@Mr PopodopolousWhile that’s valid, there’s no excuse for not rotating his starting XI today. He talks up Massengo and only gives him 8 minutes at the end, for example. People say he’s learning but this is more evidence that he isn’t. We won’t win many more games if we can only produce two shots on target against a bottom five side.

Agree with most of that tbh.

Is he learning? Jury is out. He has often been quite strong in substitutions for example.

Didn’t you hear Gilmartin though? Rotherham are just a defensive side and set up to stop us? Definitely.

Whatever game he was watching I’m incredibly jealous, as the one I watched had City getting completely outplayed in all facets of the game by the might of Rotherham.

Made some comment about it being easier for them without fans as they wouldn’t want to watch football like that. They had over twenty shots! 

8 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

This last month of football has been shit , boring sideways football ,the other night Armstrong for Blackburn had more shots than we did in previous games added together, team doesn’t show any strengths to me apart from Bentley who saved us today from a massacre 

As was mentioned earlier Rotherham takes one touch to get forward we take 5 or 6

Right, so that was a shambles, lets be honest. This was the game where our luck ran out.

When I was playing, the term for that was being “beat up”. Rotherham, worryingly, fancied us and I think smelt that we were fragile and they absolutely bullied us.

I am not one for emotional, knee-jerk statements but my question is this:

After 6 defeats in our last 13, and 1 goal in our last 3 - and today mustering 1 shot on target whilst 2-0 down with all 4 of our strikers on the pitch, at what point do we start to question our set-up?

To be clear, Holden has my full support as he is an honest and well-intentioned guy, but, and its a big but, we parted company with Lee Johnson (the right decision), on the basis that we could not finish in the top 6. This was made clear as the ambition and main objective. Removing all emotion from this, how likely is a top 6 finish with our current set-up? If the answer is as I suspect, not that likely, then do we commit to Holden long-term thus making our statement of ambition completely false, or do something about it?

Make no mistake, that today, and Birmingham was as bad as anything we have seen in recent years.

It’s simply called the reality of our injury situation, the fixture schedule & the make up of the Championship. All clubs are able to take points off of anyone!

Top of the table Norwich have so far managed to lose to bottom of the table Derby & twice to Luton (once in the cup), it happens! If you’re expecting City to win every game I’d suggest you are ‘supporting’ (and I use that term loosely) the wrong club because we never have & we’re highly unlikely to ever go through a season winning every game!

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Are fans not aloud to criticise poor performances  . 

Absolutely but thats all it is and some on here seem to forget about the wins, league position, number of injuries etc. 

Plus its not even constructive or in anyway aimed at a sparking a debate. 

It gets so tedious match day thread after thread of the same old copy and paste bollocks which starts usually 5 minutes after kick off.

Do you not get bored of reading the same monotonous drivel thread after thread. If we were bottom of the league then I think I could understand it more but when it starts after 5 minutes in to a game you start to wonder if some of our 'fans' are just itching to post the same stuff and get pissed off when we win.

8 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

You could use this to describe some of our 'fans' too.

Honestly fails to disapoint how predictable some on here are. There is a severe lack of support and getting behind the team when we're not doing well. I definately wouldn't want some on here by my side in the trenches. 

I'm not worried about the lack of fans in attendance at games. I'm more worried about how it will effect the players when fans are allowed back in!

So you think that that performance was acceptable?

Hopefully, we will respond positively on Tuesday....all I would say is that this season isn’t much different to what we’ve seen under LJ ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Completely out played by the most primitive style of opponent we've faced for a while and we didn't come close to completing with them.

Same players competed with and beat Blackburn. No excuses.

A bit unfair to call their style primitive - today they absolutely owned us. 5-0 wouldn't have been an unfair reflection.

Rotherham have a style and it worked a treat for 90minutes. We were unable to impose our style on them even for a few minutes today. A void from city and very disappointing.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's not an excuse but as of this time:

Sessegnon

Mawson

Baker

DaSilva

Walsh

Williams

Paterson

Weimann

All out. Some of them have been for the whole season to date!

How many other sides have three of their new signings injured for long periods. Don't forget the Covid outbreak we had as well, that's just the current injuries.

I would assume more than we appreciate 

I'm not sure why it's assumed we're the only side impacted with injuries 

• Admin
Just now, intercity said:

A bit unfair to call their style primitive - today they absolutely owned us. 5-0 wouldn't have been an unfair reflection.

Rotherham have a style and it worked a treat for 90minutes. We were unable to impose our style on them even for a few minutes today. A void from city and very disappointing.

In footballing terms it's very primitive.

They don't play football on the ground, they hustle, bustle and out muscle teams.

Not one positive from us this afternoon 

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sessegnon

Mawson

Baker

DaSilva

Walsh

Williams

Paterson

Weimann

How many other sides have three of their new signings injured for long periods. Don't forget the Covid outbreak we had as well, that's just the current injuries.

Undoubtedly that injury line up is horrendous. But the eleven put out today are quality players capable of playing semi decent football. 

They look like they’ve never met. And we’ve got a 4m striker playing on the wing!

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Absolutely but thats all it is and some on here seem to forget about the wins, league position, number of injuries etc. 

Plus its not even constructive or in anyway aimed at a sparking a debate. 

It gets so tedious match day thread after thread of the same old copy and paste bollocks which starts usually 5 minutes after kick off.

Do you not get bored of reading the same monotonous drivel thread after thread. If we were bottom of the league then I think I could understand it more but when it starts after 5 minutes in to a game you start to wonder if some of our 'fans' are just itching to post the same stuff and get pissed off when we win.

Absolute rubbish. With respect. 

1 minute ago, intercity said:

Exactly that and i stand by primitive without being disrespectful to them.

Pressed hard, battled really well for both 1st and 2nd balls and launched everything forward.

Credit to them. As i posted in the match thread, we didn't even earn the right to play which is a real concern.

Massively disappointed and frustrated in equal measure tonight.

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

So you think that that performance was acceptable?

Hopefully, we will respond positively on Tuesday....all I would say is that this season isn’t much different to what we’ve seen under LJ ?‍♂️

Brilliant. I didn't say that did i? What i think is some fans need to lower their bar of expectation.  I'm criticising the fact our fans immediate reaction is to jump on the players backs and criticise them EVERY time there's a poor result.   

We hear so often from the players what a difference positive support has when things are going well. I think that is lost on some of our fans.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sessegnon

Mawson

Baker

DaSilva

Walsh

Williams

Paterson

Weimann

With those players out would you expect our player with a goal threat to be doing a wingers job and barely getting in the box

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Brilliant. I didn't say that did i? What i think is some fans need to lower their bar of expectation.  I'm criticising the fact our fans immediate reaction is to jump on the players backs and criticise them EVERY time there's a poor result.   

We hear so often from the players what a difference positive support has when things are going well. I think that is lost on some of our fans.

With respect, the fans have not set the expectation bar. The board have, with “Top 6 minimum” as a mission statement. Cannot blame the fans for worrying as that slips away.

The question should not be how we can support better, it should be “what do the board do if their self-set expectation for their choice of manager starts to look unrealistic”.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

If we'd played a different team, even a better team than Rotherham, then we'd might have won today with that exact same 11 and played really well. 

But that style we just could not cope with at all. We need to be able to impose our style onto the opponents or we will never get playoffs.

We need possession simple as,which we haven’t barely had all season 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would assume more than we appreciate 

I'm not sure why it's assumed we're the only side impacted with injuries 

I doubt most sides have the most or whole injuries to 3 new signings tbh, but I do take your point.

Injuries are undoubtedly up this season across the board but I reckon we'd be at the higher end this season!

Archived