IGNORED

“A breath of fresh air”

Fordy62

When LJ was sacked, Steve Lansdown told us we wanted a breath of fresh air in the club. 

We didn’t get one. We got a man who spent the most of his managerial career under a man who played complete dross.

Said assistant is now serving up that same dross and it should come as no surprise. 

As I said on the match day thread, these performances deserve the sack, however, the results don’t. 

The false position warnings are now being realised. We’re atrocious to watch and the only way we seem to win a game is by nicking it - we’ve dominated a grand total of no games. 

I don’t advocate the sacking of Dean Holden, but my word needs to pick up the pace a little or we’ll be heading for mid table obscurity before we know it. 

I don’t blame Dean Holden, but I do blame Mark Ashton & Steve Lansdown. It doesn’t look like a good appointment to me, not at all.

Things were so promising when we were promised that “breath of fresh air”.

Sorry. 

• Admin

Hopefully not a knee jerk reaction but I'm in agreement, we're a squad with lots of problems tonight 

We're short of fighters and leaders on the pitch, and times today you could see players looking around at each other not having any idea how to influence the game 

We've just been bossed by one of the worst sides in our league 

• Admin

One consolation we didn't spend a fortune travelling to watch it live

Just now, Leveller said:

Meanwhile in Nottingham, the "Hughton out" chat has started.

We'll never know how he would have done here.

Forest has been a train wreck from top to bottom for years 

I didn’t want him, but think this is harsh.

We currently have about 15 fit players who have ever played league football & are playing 3 games a week.

Results are far more important than performances until some of those seemingly permanently injured players like Walsh & Williams finally make some sort of actual contribution.

We were poor today & I thought his team selection was wrong before kick off, but overall I think he has done ok.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

When LJ was sacked, Steve Lansdown told us we wanted a breath of fresh air in the club. 

We didn’t get one. We got a man who spent the most of his managerial career under a man who played complete dross.

Said assistant is now serving up that same dross and it should come as no surprise. 

As I said on the match day thread, these performances deserve the sack, however, the results don’t. 

The false position warnings are now being realised. We’re atrocious to watch and the only way we seem to win a game is by nicking it - we’ve dominated a grand total of no games. 

I don’t advocate the sacking of Dean Holden, but my word needs to pick up the pace a little or we’ll be heading for mid table obscurity before we know it. 

I don’t blame Dean Holden, but I do blame Mark Ashton & Steve Lansdown. It doesn’t look like a good appointment to me, not at all.

Things were so promising when we were promised that “breath of fresh air”.

Sorry. 

The important thing is to remember who took six weeks to put Holden in the job in the first place if you are genuinely angry about him having the job..........and it is these same people who will pick the next Manager whenever that may be.

Our performance issues (you can’t knock Holden for 30 points from 18 games) stem from the previous Manager plus the common denominator above him. If you blame Holden as partly responsible by association that’s a matter of opinion but the common denominator is there for all to see.

Well said @Fordy62. Let’s be honest as I said least week Holden is Johnson 1.1 I’ve seen nothing since Dean has been in charge to suggest that we are going to do anything this season other than finish mid table and play pretty negative to football to achieve that. We might nick the odd goal but were never going to take teams on and dominate them. I don’t expect us to play like Brazil every week but give me something to get excited about Dean, you promised us that Dean now go and deliver. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We currently have about 15 fit players who have ever played league football & are playing 3 games a week.

Results are far more important than performances until some of those seemingly permanently injured players like Walsh & Williams finally make some sort of actual contribution.

We were poor today & I thought his team selection was wrong before kick off, but overall I think he has done ok.

Results are more important than performances sounds like an interesting debate actually (my god I sound like SOD). 

At least good performances fill you with hope. But when you’re overachieving in terms of results and the performances are shit, you know you’re going to come crashing back down to earth sooner rather than later. 

Like I said, I don’t blame Holden, not at all. But was he the best candidate? Was he bollocks. 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

One consolation we didn't spend a fortune travelling to watch it live

We'll never know how he would have done here.

Forest has been a train wreck from top to bottom for years 

Agree.  The people trotting this out as some kind of excuse/deflection for the football we are currently witnessing is getting very boring already,  but I’m sure itll continue. 

To some extent I think it's down to the usual terrible PR. Talking about a breath of fresh air then appointing the assistant who was brought to the club by the man he replaced was not a good start.

Ashton then being backed into a corner trying to justify the appointment, coming up with the "good human" nonsense then blurting out  that Dean has no target for the season.

Dean then follows with his "man of the people" PR, "spontaneously" turning up at the pub, claiming we were going to play on the front foot and be aggressive then doing almost the exact opposite, glossing over poor performances with a stock "not up to the standard we expect" so not quite the blunt northener he claims to be and so on.

Learn to under promise and over deliver would be my suggestion.

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That’s what Joe Williams is supposed to bring, it can hardly be Holden’s fault that the guy has been injured all season!?!

I don’t blame Dean Holden as he has largely inherited a situation left by Johnson - who I do blame.. Holden will get some time, but the warning signs are there for all to see.

18 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Meanwhile in Nottingham, the "Hughton out" chat has started.

What, despite being in Tier 3 with no crowds? ?

I am a little worried by our performances. We've done quite well results wise, but the vulnerabilities in our performances are clear to see. I really want Holden to succeed, but I have always had this nagging doubt that he's naive and we will eventually run into really poor form. 

I liked the way he recruited for a 3-5-2, but I don't think we've got a strong enough squad relative to the division to only have 1 formation we're good at. I feel we need a plan B and usually that involves wide players. At present, we've only got O'Dowda who's naturally wide player. Brunt of course was a few seasons ago.. but then we've got Wells filling in and Semenyo who's learning the role and is very raw.

Just now, chinapig said:

But we let him, and Morrell, go to bring in Brunt, who is so much better.

Btw I thought Korey was outstanding for Swansea today.

Korey was a great player for City. I stated at the time, but he should never have been sold without a proven replacement.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Results are only better than performances on the odd occasion, our performances have been dire, depressing dog shyte even when we nick a win, how I would love to win a shot count 22-4, there are no positives in losing to Brum with their 3 wins in 30 or Rotherham with their 2 wins in 16

Archived