IGNORED

How many changes for Tuesday?

ohhhshauntaylor

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Now if you said, let’s drop one of the three forwards, and perhaps play them as a No10 type, then that suddenly creates a problem.

I said elsewhere, I'd like to see COD behind Wells & Martin/Fam. It would let us have Brunt shielding the back 4 and Nagy & Bakinson doing the legwork.
I think moving COD forward would help him, less problems if he loses the ball, but if he beats a player he's running at the back 4.

20 hours ago, daored said:

Where do those nine changes come from ? 

Mariappa, Moore, Massengo, Brunt, Diedhiou, Bell, Towler, Edwards, and Paterson to start. Along with Bentley and Nagy.

We then would have a strong bench if any of the starting 11 are under pressure.

Play them in their best positions.

Don't try to match up with Millwall  or try to keep it to 0-0 at half time.

Let the players express themselves and we might get a pleasant surprise.

For sure that starting 11 will do no worse than the performances that we have had to put up with for 90% of the fixtures.

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I said elsewhere, I'd like to see COD behind Wells & Martin/Fam. It would let us have Brunt shielding the back 4 and Nagy & Bakinson doing the legwork.
I think moving COD forward would help him, less problems if he loses the ball, but if he beats a player he's running at the back 4.

I worry he lacks the intelligence to find the space....he’s better moving into it with the ball rather than finding it to receive the ball, least of all in the most condensed part of the pitch (generally).

I always go back to Freeman....never got any room in the no10 position in 15/16....and he was another who needed space to run into.

Creating passing angles is not his strong suit.  I fear he will become anonymous in that position.

Now, if you’re suggesting more of a diamond, then I could see him on the left side of it.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I worry he lacks the intelligence to find the space....he’s better moving into it with the ball rather than finding it to receive the ball, least of all in the most condensed part of the pitch (generally).

I always go back to Freeman....never got any room in the no10 position in 15/16....and he was another who needed space to run into.

Creating passing angles is not his strong suit.  I fear he will become anonymous in that position.

Now, if you’re suggesting more of a diamond, then I could see him on the left side of it.

I just see him beat a player, maybe another but seeing him run into trouble. I think, until Paterson is available, his running with ball in that No10/AMF could be a good weapon. I know what you mean though. The left of the front 3 would suit him, but we're back to Martin being isolated, unless we play it narrower. Maybe like a 4-3-2-1. I do think we need Wells more central and closer support for Martin. 

33 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Mariappa, Moore, Massengo, Brunt, Diedhiou, Bell, Towler, Edwards, and Paterson to start. Along with Bentley and Nagy.

For sure that starting 11 will do no worse than the performances that we have had to put up with for 90% of the fixtures.

Against one of the most direct and physical sides in the league you are suggesting playing 4 kids 3 of whom have next to zero experience at this level. Very strange. 

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I just see him beat a player, maybe another but seeing him run into trouble. I think, until Paterson is available, his running with ball in that No10/AMF could be a good weapon. I know what you mean though. The left of the front 3 would suit him, but we're back to Martin being isolated, unless we play it narrower. Maybe like a 4-3-2-1. I do think we need Wells more central and closer support for Martin. 

All about opinions Mike.  For me I don’t think he gets the space to run into in that position.  His running comes from deeper positions.  We could go 4-diamond-2?  Christmas tree?  I quite like.  You could play Wells at the tip too imho....doesn’t always have to be Martin.  And I think Pato would be an asset as one of the two.  Although I’ve only seen Walsh in a more normal MF position, I could see him (in my head) being the other in Weimann’s long-absence..

Front 6 something like:

Williams | Bakinson | Nagy

Walsh | Paterson

Wells

With current availability(ish):

Nagy | Bakinson | O’Dowda (Massengo)

Semenyo | Paterson

Wells

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All about opinions Mike.  For me I don’t think he gets the space to run into in that position.  His running comes from deeper positions.  We could go 4-diamond-2?  Christmas tree?  I quite like.  You could play Wells at the tip too imho....doesn’t always have to be Martin.  And I think Pato would be an asset as one of the two.  Although I’ve only seen Walsh in a more normal MF position, I could see him (in my head) being the other in Weimann’s long-absence..

Front 6 something like:

Walsh | Paterson

Wells

Semenyo | Paterson

Wells

I'm just sort of thinking out loud.
ODowda still isn't solid enough defensively , but he does add things no one else does. His running with the ball is about the only time we keep it in forward areas. 
I'd be happy with that 2nd line up, and if I'm right thinking that part of the reason Fam is on the bench is that he can change things, then COD could do the same. Start with HNM/Nagy/Bakinson plenty of legs and no little skill there, not sure there's enough strength for the Millwall game though. Maybe time to start Brunt in the next 2 games. I'd be ok with Wells up on his own, did it at QPR.

Another game where I'm looking forward to seeing the team sheet to see how Holden is thinking.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

I don’t think Paterson will be fit, Moore & Marippa I agree with along with Massengo & Didehiou. I’m not sure it’s fair to put three youngsters into a team all at once. 

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Front 6 something like:

Walsh | Paterson

Wells

Semenyo | Paterson

Wells

I think there’s huge expectations on Walsh - in reality he’s an unknown at this level. Clearly played well for Coventry last season but can he do it on a consistent basis at championship level. We lack creativity so hopefully he can 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I think there’s huge expectations on Walsh - in reality he’s an unknown at this level. Clearly played well for Coventry last season but can he do it on a consistent basis at championship level. We lack creativity so hopefully he can 

Yes, it’s based on hope.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, it’s based on hope.

We need a player who can either break the lines or can play a ball either behind the fullback or for Wells to run onto. Someone mentioned Hartley a while back (someone like that) - remember the balls Tins used to play for Murray to run onto 

6 minutes ago, daored said:

We need a player who can either break the lines or can play a ball either behind the fullback or for Wells to run onto. Someone mentioned Hartley a while back (someone like that) - remember the balls Tins used to play for Murray to run onto 

I won't pretend I've seen loads, what what I have seen there is plenty about Walsh to be hopeful of. He can pass, he's 2 footed, can run with the ball and plays with his head up.
What we don't know is if he can do it, and boss the midfield at this level. No one will know until he gets a run.

If only this were true ?

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 16.07.00.png

6 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We can argue or debate all day who will replace who but doesnt it make you laugh that Lj was always criticised on this mini-group of City fans for 'Not knowing his best 11' for 'chopping and changing' and for running the 'LJ Lottery' YET we seem to be happy to debate any number of changes Deano can make as if it is all fine to dmake sweeping changes. Ok, we have injuries (LJ always had this to deal with and a much smaller competitive squad) and Ok we have two games a week (LJ alwyas had this with cup runs etc) but the hypocracy really is amusing.

I'd like those on here who wanted Lj out put up their hands! Keep those hands up if you wanted Hughton (ha ha he'll have cost a mint and taken Forest down!). Keep you hands up if you are being fair in your criticism and praise for all 3 managers.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office which every manager suffers from. It's how we bounce back on Tuesday that DH will be judged; so far he has done well with this aspect of management/coaching, let's hope he continues this on Tuiesday however many changes he makes (the juggler!)

Can we put our hands down now? Only it's difficult posting shite on here at the same time. Plus me shoulder's aching.

5 hours ago, daored said:

I wish we would stop mentioning Hartley like he was some kind of messiah - he had some terrible games (0-6 vs Cardiff for example) and would be far too immobile for today’s Championship.

6 hours ago, daored said:

I think Walsh can break the lines, seems quite dynamic.

Need to play in the right style and setup of course, to get the best out of what we have when we finally have players fit.

7 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Against one of the most direct and physical sides in the league you are suggesting playing 4 kids 3 of whom have next to zero experience at this level. Very strange. 

I agree, this was a very strange post. Reminds me of when LJ put kids in against Leeds in recent times and wondered why it didn't work. 

7 hours ago, daored said:

My first concern is when will he ever be fit. It must be some serious injury to keep him out this long. At this rate he will be out of contract before he gets on the pitch.

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

My worry is that if any of the 11 are under pressure, it takes Dean so long to change it. Took Brendan Rodgers 15mins today to realise things weren’t going to plan and change formation . I can’t see Dean doing that.

On 12/12/2020 at 18:15, AshtonGreat said:

What a total waste of time those two have been

Huge blow these 2 have been injured because it's pretty clear to me from what DH has said that both would have been in his first choice starting 11 when the season started.

Williams - DH's first big signing, a proven  consistent Championship player he surely intended to build his midfield around, and 'big part to play' Walsh - far more creative than anything we have had on offer recently, could/would have made a huge difference and the strong indication from DH is both will feature regularly as soon as they are fit enough to do so.

One of the few things I'm looking forward to with this sometimes almost unwatchable City team is these 2 coming in and shaking things up in a really positive way.

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Huge blow these 2 have been injured because it's pretty clear to me from what DH has said that both would have been in his first choice starting 11 when the season started.

Williams - DH's first big signing, a proven  consistent Championship player he surely intended to build his midfield around, and 'big part to play' Walsh - far more creative than anything we have had on offer recently, could/would have made a huge difference and the strong indication from DH is both will feature regularly as soon as they are fit enough to do so.

One of the few things I'm looking forward to with this sometimes almost unwatchable City team is these 2 coming in and shaking things up in a really positive way.

I hope you're right Noggers! 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The tone of your post is exactly how I felt when we signed Williams, sounded a great pairing , potentially.

What has taken the gloss off, apart from the fact we haven't seen them, is the contract situation. I get that the club are a bit reticent to hand out new contracts, for many reasons, but I would have thought nailing down one of the men your manager stated he wanted to build around, would have been priority . I guess they have their reasons.

Archived