IGNORED

Why Chris Houghton never got the job

Bristol Oil Services

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

The word was he turnt, indeed rocked, up giving it the "big I am" and "hadn't done his homework." Whereas it is now becoming patently clear that we couldn't spell or pronounce his name properly and he told us to do one.

I didn't think otib was part of the interviewing process? 

19 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

The word was he turnt, indeed rocked, up giving it the "big I am" and "hadn't done his homework." Whereas it is now becoming patently clear that we couldn't spell or pronounce his name properly and he told us to do one.

Drugs are bad , mmkay?

16 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Could you elaborate further please?

The word was he turnt, indeed rocked, up giving it the "big I am" and "hadn't done his homework." Whereas it is now becoming patently clear that we couldn't spell or pronounce his name properly and he told us to do one and turned down the job.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I heard he was unhappy we couldn't spell or pronounce 'turned' properly, so he tolt us to to one.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He didnt get the job because dean holden was simply the best candiate out of over 100 applicants including CH

4 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

After reading this post I’ve realised how @Moments of Pleasure got his name. It could be due to mushrooms with a magical power 

On 13/12/2020 at 11:07, Moments of Pleasure said:

That's a "turnt up for the book" ?

so glad the greatest non-representative bunch of Bristol City fans (OTIB) are not part of the process otherwise they would have had Lj out of a job after one season, we would have had a new, Chinese owner, no Mark Ashton and eventually a goup of failed coaches led by Chris Hughton. Not many hon here say 'i was wrong' but there must be a lot who stated CH would be our best bet and look at where we are now compared to Forest

34 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

so glad the greatest non-representative bunch of Bristol City fans (OTIB) are not part of the process otherwise they would have had Lj out of a job after one season, we would have had a new, Chinese owner, no Mark Ashton and eventually a goup of failed coaches led by Chris Hughton. Not many hon here say 'i was wrong' but there must be a lot who stated CH would be our best bet and look at where we are now compared to Forest

Its so naive to try and directly compare the job Hughton is doing at Forest and the job he could of done here  in a completely different environment with a completely different squad.

Let’s put it another way, do you think Dean Holden and his management team would have Forest in 7th place? They are a basket case of a club with nutters running it. It’s not a fair comparison.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

Its so naive to try and directly compare the job Hughton is doing at Forest and the job he could of done here  in a completely different environment with a completely different squad.

Let’s put it another way, do you think Dean Holden and his management team would have Forest in 7th place? They are a basket case of a club with nutters running it. It’s not a fair comparison.

Forest finished above us last year & had an incredible summer transfer window. Hughton has led them to more defeats since taking over in October than Holden has with us for the whole of this season. 

let’s flip it - would Hughton/another manager have us 4 points off 2nd in the league with Weimann Mawson Sess Baker Paterson Walsh Williams missing for large parts of the season to date, whilst also playing Bakinson Semenyo and Vyner?

1 hour ago, bris red said:

It's the only comparison we can make though, isn't it...?

If CH (or any other manager, or indeed DH) had come in had us hovering above the relegation zone, after a few perfectly comfortable seasons under LJ, being deemed not good enough, then there'd be melt down here. 

If CH had come here and had us sat withing touching distance of the top 2, I imagine people would be delighted and pointing out that DH would never have managed that..! 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Forest finished above us last year & had an incredible summer transfer window. Hughton has led them to more defeats since taking over in October than Holden has with us for the whole of this season. 

let’s flip it - would Hughton/another manager have us 4 points off 2nd in the league with Weimann Mawson Sess Baker Paterson Walsh Williams missing for large parts of the season to date, whilst also playing Bakinson Semenyo and Vyner?

How many of the players signed were signed by Hughton?? He has gone in there after the season has started and has had no  pre-season with that squad - it was always going to be difficult for him. Fair enough he managed to get in Knockaert but only on a short term loan deal untill January. He has had no time to add any of his own players so again i think its an unfair comparison. Had our board got there fingers out and got him in straight after we sacked LJ he would have had a full pre-season with the squad we had and would have added his own players.. Who knows if he would have fancied Semenyo Bakinson or Vyner? Let’s be honest would Holden even be playing them if we weren’t so up against it with injuries?

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Hughton has a good record after Christmas - at the "business end" of the season. The bit of a season where we have been found wanting and need to find the answer to (falling away).

Being 7th in December is like being one nil up after 25 minutes - it’s lovely, but it's not enough. Being 7th in December is like going two sets up in the Wimbledon final - lovely too, but it's the easy bit.

We need someone who can do the easy bit like Johnson - Aug to Dec - and then the difficult bit from January to the finish, the bit when the big boys get serious. Which Johnson was incapable of doing.

On 13/12/2020 at 13:57, Moments of Pleasure said:

?  These things take thyme. 

Sage advice.

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I don't think a graphic designer would be much good to us.  Might've designed better season cards I suppose and spruced up the look of the website...

https://giflondon.com/profile/chris-houghton/

We'd certainly not have had comic sans anything

Archived