IGNORED

Bristol City - League One Champions 2014-15

OTLB

Good morning all, 

I am an avid EFL and non-league fan, and run a blog dedicated to such. 
We have launched an advent calendar this month, every day looking back at a winner from the EFL and non-league. 

Today, the EFL winner is the 2014-15 League One title win as Steve Cotterill oversaw promotion for the Robins. 
We look at all the key games along the way and key turning points, and see where the title was won. 

Be great to have a read over your morning cuppa, happy reading!
Off The Line Xmas Advent Calendar – Day #13 – Off The Line (wordpress.com)

2 hours ago, OTLB said:

Good morning all, 

We have launched an advent calendar this month, every day looking back at a winner from the EFL and non-league. 

Today, the EFL winner is the 2014-15 League One title win as Steve Cotterill oversaw promotion for the Robins. 
We look at all the key games along the way and key turning points, and see where the title was won. 

Thankyou for posting

Good idea and wish you well with your blog

Facebook just told me that on this date 6 years ago, my son Joe had a lovely chat with Crawley manager John Gregory about football, what he wanted for Xmas etc etc.  They were chatting for so long, John forgot to hand in the team sheet!!!

For me, Ayling’s 80-something minute goal (1-0 win) was the point I genuinely believed we were not only getting promoted, but going up as champs.

Funnily enough Ayling got the winner away at Crawley too.

But I do remember thinking John Gregory was nothing like the big-headed manager I thought he was. ???

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , thankyou

Always good to read others / an outside view , on things like this

In many decades of supporting a unique season amongst them all so a great subject

No worries. 
It has been fun going back through all of the winners across the season and putting together calendar. 

As a neutral (albeit with a slight soft spot for B City due to supporting Torquay United and the obvious connections of GJ and having virtually all of your youth team on loan :) ) this Robins side was perhaps one of the best sides League One or in fact the Football League has seen in my opinion. Some of the football was sublime, and some of the players as well have gone on to great things. 

5 minutes ago, OTLB said:

No worries. 
It has been fun going back through all of the winners across the season and putting together calendar. 

As a neutral (albeit with a slight soft spot for B City due to supporting Torquay United and the obvious connections of GJ and having virtually all of your youth team on loan :) ) this Robins side was perhaps one of the best sides League One or in fact the Football League has seen in my opinion. Some of the football was sublime, and some of the players as well have gone on to great things. 

Yes agreed 

A team building excellence , constructed to ,a specific plan with no waste and a swagger in their play - it really was extrodinary entertainment at times

Like many City fans , also have a soft spot for Torquay , for lots of reasons 

And Due to GJ , always the next result I look for 

Hooe to see you and GJ back in the league next season - you certainly have the man to do it

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes agreed 

A team building excellence , constructed to ,a specific plan with no waste and a swagger in their play - it really was extrodinary entertainment at times

Like many City fans , also have a soft spot for Torquay , for lots of reasons 

And Due to GJ , always the next result I look for 

Hooe to see you and GJ back in the league next season - you certainly have the man to do it

Fingers crossed, little way to go yet and starting to be hampered by injuries. 

If you can make a couple more players like Lemonheigh-Evans and Andrews for us to pinch on a free then that would be great. 
CLE particularly is quite some player.

29 minutes ago, OTLB said:

No worries. 

You can come again. 

6 hours ago, OTLB said:

Good morning all, 

If you are interested in non league  there is actually another  team in Bristol that you probably haven't heard of.I can't recall their name,but seem to remember that they recently graced "league 5" with their appearance. 

Archived