IGNORED

End of year meltdown underway?

BLRed

8 hours ago, bris red said:

I find he comes across this way in his public speaking - especially in recent years.You only have to look and listen to his son to realise that speaking in public is hardly a skill that runs in the Lansdown family. Not knocking steve as a businessman - fair play to the bloke for what he has achieved in that respect.

So it's just that you don't "feel" he comes across very well- or his son.... so does that makeJon " a dithering young fool"?

The reason I called you out on giving 3 examples ( which you most definitely have not) is that however the Lansdown's come across - they are the spine of our club without whom- we'd likely be without a new stadium, without what will be a cutting edge training facility and probably unable to "mind the gap". Of course, one could say that BCFC are such a big club that they'd be a queue of Oligarchs and Sheiks willing to buy us and invest in instant success. 

Steve is not a 'dithering old fool'- he is the best owner we've ever had and without whom, imo, we'd be in a similar place to the Gas. The fact he is determined to follow a route of sustainability is fine by me. I'd prefer to have a club I truly love around for my lifetime and that of my children etc.

Archived