IGNORED

James Tavernier

RoystonFoote'snephew

Every time Rangers are on TV I keep thinking James Tavernier is the one we let get away. Playing from RB his statistics so far this season of 11 goals, 8 assists and nearly 100 crosses from open play are mind boggling. This doesn't even take account of close on 200 forward passes in and around the opposition box or the goal bound efforts that have been saved. I know its the SPL but those figures are superb at any level. 

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Every time Rangers are on TV I keep thinking James Tavernier is the one we let get away. Playing from RB his statistics so far this season of 11 goals, 8 assists and nearly 100 crosses from open play are mind boggling. This doesn't even take account of close on 200 forward passes in and around the opposition box or the goal bound efforts that have been saved. I know its the SPL but those figures are superb at any level. 

Like you said, it’s the SPL. Ryan Kent. 

38 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Like you said, it’s the SPL. Ryan Kent. 

11 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

But Kent is in and out of games and not posting anywhere near the figures of Tavernier, whose a major performer in every game. 

European football is another good benchmark too.

One thing to perform against the bulk of SPL sides, if they perform in Europe too that's another dimension.

I think Tavernier would have been a good addition FWIW- pretty sure we actually started the season with a weaker, thinner squad than we came up with!

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

He scored a fantastic free kick today, one that Messi would be proud of, and assisted Rangers second goal.

A very good player we let go.

Also have to say Ryan Kent makes Rangers tick.

Technically we didn't as he was on loan at the time, but I get what you're saying. Always thought he looked decent for us, and was surprised we didn't at least try and get him permanently.

I cant see any stat nor reason to think he's as good as Jack Hunt. 

Of players we'd love to have back, yes there's Flinty, Pack, Joey B but surely Fulham's top scorer is the one we miss most.

With the style of football we are palying today Bobby would be a great fit and would play off Fam (as he did in the great LJ era of chasing away wins) or Martin. I'm sorry to say Wells is more a Taylor repalcement than he will ever be a Bobby replacement

8 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know its the SPL...

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Like you said, it’s the SPL....

... I’ve been accused of being a pedant on here more times than I care to remember, so, with that in mind ... there is no such thing as the SPL ... hasn’t existed for at least 7 years ... there I feel better now! Phew, wouldn’t want to disappoint the usual suspects who confuse pedantry with accuracy! As you were ... ?

6 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

That luke ayling fella aint  doing to bad at leeds what was it £750000 a shrewd bit of business that

£750k ?

You’re hoping .....what for one of the best footballers that we’ve had at this club in last 10yrs ? , the one who’s impressing pundits with his Premier League displays........ that one ?

Ohhhh no we binned him for a whole £200k

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-confirms-exact-transfer-fee-4242135

Every time I watch Leeds , it’s sickening , Im struggling to think of a more ridiculous sale by this Club since we failed to insert an add on clause for Andy Cole 

32 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

£750k ?

You’re hoping .....what for one of the best footballers that we’ve had at this club in last 10yrs ? , the one who’s impressing pundits with his Premier League displays........ that one ?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-confirms-exact-transfer-fee-4242135

Every time I watch Leeds , it’s sickening , Im struggling to think of a more ridiculous sale by this Club since we failed to insert an add on clause for Andy Cole 

I thought he was a class act....defensively.  Don’t let bombing forward undermine how good he was in pure defensive situations.

Them again I thought Adam Matthews was decent enough in the second half of 15/16 on loan.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was a class act....defensively.  Don’t let bombing forward undermine how good he was in pure defensive situations.

Them again I thought Adam Matthews was decent enough in the second half of 15/16 on loan.

Think he’s a tremendous player Dave - you are correct that he’s very ‘alive’ defensively and often the one to make the vital block or clearance

But , and certainly for a defender , he’s one of the most front footed players I’ve ever seen , always looking to support or make something happen - he gave Cotts side and the current Leeds side so much momentum and thrust  - always looking to spark something going forward

Very influential player IMHO

Certainly can't knock the stats he's returning this season, but you can't escape the fact that it IS "only" the SPL. 

Look at his career stats... Can anyone notice the stark differential between where he's achieving these stats now, compared to the rest fo his career...? 

Don't get me wrong, I liked him, he did a great (albeit short) job for us in the promotion season, but he simply isnt/wasn't that outstanding when playing in a competitive football league.... 

Screenshot_20201214_094254_com.android.chrome.jpg

11 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

£750k ?

Come on, Ayling flattered to deceive while he was here. No-one at the time was particularly bothered that he'd left. He'd had the odd good game, but was often caught in possession.

I don't think it was ever confirmed if we didn't have a sell on clause for Bolasie either.

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

Come on, Ayling flattered to deceive while he was here. No-one at the time was particularly bothered that he'd left. He'd had the odd good game, but was often caught in possession.

I don't think it was ever confirmed if we didn't have a sell on clause for Bolasie either.

Not true. He was very good when he was here. Certainly alot better and more consistent than Jack Hunt.

Archived