IGNORED

Claus Lundekvam - it`s not just young players that suffer addictions.

Lanterne Rouge

• The title was changed to Claus Lundekvam - it`s not just young players that suffer addictions.

Claus is an interesting one. When I was at uni in Southampton, you’d often see him off his tits on a night out and that was when he was Saints captain in the PL. I found that article a bit odd that he linked it to a post-retirement mental health issue, but yes, glad he’s back on the right path. 

1 minute ago, tin said:

Claus is an interesting one. When I was at uni in Southampton, you’d often see him off his tits on a night out and that was when he was Saints captain in the PL. I found that article a bit odd that he linked it to a post-retirement mental health issue, but yes, glad he’s back on the right path. 

I`m guessing the issue was always there but came to the fore when he had no football any more. As he says, he felt useless and unwanted despite everything he had. 

I`m no psychiatrist mind!

41 minutes ago, tin said:

Off his tits ? love that saying

edit- I hope he gets the help though

Glad he’s turned his life around, but don’t hold much sympathy for him. He had everything he could possibly want & need (except playing football) but that still wasn’t enough.

Seems to come across as a selfish idiot who chose an easy route to go off on a self indulgent coke & booze binges rather than face reality. 

We could all do that when times get tough, bury our heads in a mountain of nose bag - but there would be no sporting chance or PFA support when the cash runs out.

14 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Glad he’s turned his life around, but don’t hold much sympathy for him. He had everything he could possibly want & need (except playing football) but that still wasn’t enough.

Seems to come across as a selfish idiot who chose an easy route to go off on a self indulgent coke & booze binges rather than face reality. 

We could all do that when times get tough, bury our heads in a mountain of nose bag - but there would be no sporting chance or PFA support when the cash runs out.

Not a very good attitude towards people with drug/alcohol addictions. Take it from me very very few ever wanted to get caught in an addictive lifestyle - it’s a nightmare for them and of course their families.

Its a dreadful disease to have. Be glad you don’t have the condition.

3 hours ago, Red Alert said:

The world isn’t all about money & material things! You can’t just buy everything you need to make you feel worthy & to make you feel like you have a reason to be here!

Some people can switch off & not give a shit about what’s happening around them, others feel like there’s a reason for it & can only blame themselves & see no way out!

5 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Have a read of the article. Really read it.

Selfish idiot?

Easy route?

Self indulgent?

**** me.......

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a very good attitude towards people with drug/alcohol addictions. Take it from me very very few ever wanted to get caught in an addictive lifestyle - it’s a nightmare for them and of course their families.

Its a dreadful disease to have. Be glad you don’t have the condition.

Undoubtedly the best and most sensible post I’ve read of yours

Well said - excellent post

Not just drug / alcohol tho - .gambling becoming a massive problem , any addiction has a cost , normally in several ways 

Anyone scorning shows a complete lack of awareness , and any mh condition or / and an addiction can strike the strongest , 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Undoubtedly the best and most sensible post I’ve read of yours

Well said - excellent post

Not just drug / alcohol tho - .gambling becoming a massive problem , any addiction has a cost , normally in several ways 

Anyone scorning shows a complete lack of awareness , and any mh condition or / and an addiction can strike the strongest , 

I happen to know a great deal about the addictive personality. I must have attended dozens of AA meetings over my career. They were an integral part of by job.

Archived