IGNORED

My team versus Millwall

Curr Avon

COD and Bakinson can not start after what we saw in Rotherham game. City was more than bad and those two players standout not in a good way so to say. Wonderboy with fresh legs, one of the young ones or Brunt. If Pato fit, bring him on. Millwall are in bad form and I think we have a good chance to take 3 points. Dont think we will play so bad as in Rotherham.

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon there’s a strong chance at least 7 will be, probably 8, and possibly 9!

Yep.....just depends on who is carrying a knock or fatigued and with another match on Friday rotation is an absolute.

None of us have inside knowledge so we’re all just speculating.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm still not expecting Pato to be fit and expect (probably?) a return to 3-5-2.

Bentley

Mariappa Moore Kalas

Edwards Bakinson Nagy Brunt O'Dowda

Wells Diedhiou

Do you really have to start a thread like this EVERY GAME, thank goodness everyone else doesn't bore us like this 

Why do you think anyone cares?

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep.....just depends on who is carrying a knock or fatigued and with another match on Friday rotation is an absolute.

None of us have inside knowledge so we’re all just speculating.

Why do you have to keep plugging the same line?

The pot and the kettle, you really are the gift that keeps giving at times ???

F39C4B20-BDA4-48ED-BDDF-77171EED11A9.thumb.jpeg.0d76cba6b537292be82dc17c755eb4a8.jpeg

Just 6 hours ago you did both in one post  ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

In our last four we have won, then lost, then won, then lost.

Both defeats were with a side that was unchanged from the game before, so rotation only appears to have be seen as a last resort.

After Friday we do finally have a break with no game for 8 days, so I really hope we maximise what we have available to us, though personally I think starting with Edwards would be a huge gamble.

For me Mariappa, Brunt & Diedhiou should definitely all start, Massengo & Moore (the only other 2 subs with any sort of experience) possibly should.

Semenyo & O’Dowda badly need a rest, Martin does, too. Bakinson appears to be not far enough progressed in his fitness to play consecutive games. We could only leave those 4 out by going to a back 3, Vyner or Moore is then a toss up for the last place.

Bentley

Hunt Vyner Mariappa Kalas Rowe 

Massengo Nagy Brunt

Wells Diedhiou 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why do you have to keep plugging the same line?

The pot and the kettle, you really are the gift that keeps giving at times ???

F39C4B20-BDA4-48ED-BDDF-77171EED11A9.thumb.jpeg.0d76cba6b537292be82dc17c755eb4a8.jpeg

Just 6 hours ago you did both in one post  ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I did repeat the same line because obviously posters didn’t see the first one. If they had we wouldn’t have such a long thread...................:cool2:

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did repeat the same line because obviously posters didn’t see the first one. If they had we wouldn’t have such a long thread...................:cool2:

Why are you trying to stop a thread?

9F4D711C-8939-4AD2-89BF-C7F72CA09EFB.thumb.jpeg.78265659042d200b3d87037208bb1f63.jpeg

Theres a shiny red button for you now.  We are all enjoying the debate.

I ignore the Rovers Dustbin thread....doesn’t interest me, but the fact that it’s got several thousand posts in it tells me people like it.  I wouldn’t dream of trying to stop them.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

9F4D711C-8939-4AD2-89BF-C7F72CA09EFB.thumb.jpeg.78265659042d200b3d87037208bb1f63.jpeg

I ignore the Rovers Dustbin thread....doesn’t interest me, but the fact that it’s got several thousand posts in it tells me people like it.  I wouldn’t dream of trying to stop them.

It's a pity there isn't a shiny red button "Ignore this Poster" that's easily accessible when Robbored (Mr Negative) shows up.

I have blocked him so it's not quite so bad. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I to ignore the dustbin thread along with F1 and boxing threads. None of them interest me in the slightest.

I don’t try to select/predict any upcoming matches for the very reason that you’ve told me off about..........:dunno:

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In our last four we have won, then lost, then won, then lost.

Both defeats were with a side that was unchanged from the game before, so rotation only appears to have be seen as a last resort.

After Friday we do finally have a break with no game for 8 days, so I really hope we maximise what we have available to us, though personally I think starting with Edwards would be a huge gamble.

For me Mariappa, Brunt & Diedhiou should definitely all start, Massengo & Moore (the only other 2 subs with any sort of experience) possibly should.

Semenyo & O’Dowda badly need a rest, Martin does, too. Bakinson appears to be not far enough progressed in his fitness to play consecutive games. We could only leave those 4 out by going to a back 3, Vyner or Moore is then a toss up for the last place.

Bentley

Hunt Vyner Mariappa Kalas Rowe 

Massengo Nagy Brunt

Wells Diedhiou 

Like this team for Millwall but would still be tempted to play Bakinson instead of Brunt....

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I to ignore the dustbin thread along with F1 and boxing threads. None of them interest me in the slightest.

I don’t try to select/predict any upcoming matches for the very reason that you’ve told me off about..........:dunno:

I’ve never told anybody on this forum not to post the team they’d play (if they were manager).  Not my place.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never told anybody on this forum not to post the team they’d play (if they were manager).  Not my place.

Neither have I Dave.

The forum is about opinions of course but I do wonder why posters select their team without the up to date information. To me that makes no sense............:dunno:

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was trying to avoid the transfer threads which he has no interest in and ended up here by accident. 

31 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I dont think we’ll see Bentley on Tuesday. 
He looked injured to me near the end of the 2nd half when kicking, and spent a lot of time looking over at the touchline. 
He could do with a rest. We’ve been so sh:te hes had way too much to do in the last few weeks. 

Didn’t spot that.

Max has form v Millwall. ?

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm still not expecting Pato to be fit and expect (probably?) a return to 3-5-2.

Bentley

Mariappa Moore Kalas

Edwards Bakinson Nagy Brunt O'Dowda

Wells Diedhiou

Can't see Edwards starting yet, definitely not against Millwall, and I'd worry about COD's defensive capabilities. OK with the rest of it, but I guess you'd have to know how a few stand with tiredness. 

I doubt we'll see a surprise return from anyone, even if Pato is over his niggle it would be the bench at best. Same with JD I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't see Edwards starting yet, definitely not against Millwall, and I'd worry about COD's defensive capabilities. OK with the rest of it, but I guess you'd have to know how a few stand with tiredness. 

I doubt we'll see a surprise return from anyone, even if Pato is over his niggle it would be the bench at best. Same with JD I'd imagine. 

I thought that picking Edwards and O'Dowda as wing backs would badly confuse the opposition. ?

COD has made enough mistakes this season to sit out for a bit I think. I hate singling out 1 player but just always around when we concede. Frustrating as he clearly has talent. 

I'd go

Bents

Hunt vyner Kalas more dasilva

Nagy.              bakinson 

Samenyo

Wells.              Martin

Bit of a weird game for me in that Millwall was the last game I saw us play in person and, given that I'm not a season ticket holder, Christ knows when I'll see us again.  I was due at Forest the week after lockdown but that obviously never materialised....

In terms of a team, I think we're struggling to find fit players that fit either of our preferred systems. I think we need a 2 to get the best out of Martin. Struggled on who to put alongside Nagy in midfield. 

Bentley

Hunt  Marappa   Kalas       Dasilva

Nagy      Rowe

Semenyo                          O'Dowda

Martin    Diedhiou

To be clear, I am in no way saying this is what I think our best team for the future is. Just who I would pick with what we have available. I don't think it would make for a pretty game but I'm hoping it would give us solidity at the back and in the middle, with enough on the flanks to create the odd chance and enough muscle up front to scrap for a result. 

442 for me ?

BENTLEY

HUNT          VYNER           KALAS         ROWE

SEMENYO      NAGY         BAKINSON       O'DOWDA

WELLS        DIEDHIOU

Bentley 

Hunt Vyner Kalas Mariapa Rowe

Massengo Nagy

Semenyo    

Wells Fam

We need to get back to 3-5-2 and have Wells in and around the 6 yard box. Bakinson needs to be managed, looked like he was struggling on Saturday and COD needs a rest. I’d like to see Semenyo use his running to get us up the pitch, with the energy of Massengo and Nagy protecting him.

I'm not going to put a team up but what I would say is personally i'd take a short term hit with the longer view in mind.

There are several players out there who looked fatigued and there is no point in flogging a dead horse:

I'd honestly be happy, even if we lose, with starting as many fringe players as possible and perhaps even some of the youngsters giving 110% against Millwall - yes, baptism of fire and some will get burned - but if it gives a few a proper rest i'd take that. 

Totally different point, but has our early season focus on extra fitness sessions and being fitter than the opposition come back to bite us? Perhaps was a mistake given the fast paced nature of this season and the inevitable injuries, hare and tortoise scenario....

Archived