IGNORED

My team versus Millwall

Curr Avon

On 13/12/2020 at 20:41, Davefevs said:

I’ve never told anybody on this forum not to post the team they’d play (if they were manager).  Not my place.

In Robbos defence, that wasn't him.  It was Alan Dicks Barmy Army...Robboreds was the post before....

Anyway....tonights line up....  Haven't got the foggiest what he can or will do.  I don't think Semenyo has been working in a three, so unless we go two up top I'd rest him.  Brunt I would try and encourage to retire as quickly as possible, but not sure who to partner Nagy with.  HNM has to be due a chance soon, but I worry that would leave us a little exposed.  Maybe Rowe in the middle as the defensive midfielder, giving AN change to roam a little.

I just hope it isn't going to be as hard viewing as Saturday, but I sadly see little creativity in our squad right now.

Maybe 

Bentley

Moore   Mariappa   Kalas   

Rowe

Hunt    Nagy     Bakinson   CoD

Wells  Semenyo

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Whatever team we put out, can we pleased be agreed on the following:

1.  Millwall are always a difficult side

2.  We will be far from full strength

3.  Not winning is not the end of the world

4.  Christmas is the season of goodwill

5. Adam & Eve didn't have navels

Very simple for me. Wells is a Centre Forward who plays off the shoulder through the middle. He scores goal in central positions in the box. 

We on the other hand never look like scoring. O’Dowda’s record is appalling in front of goal and Syemenyo has not scored in 6 or so starts. Martin also has barley registered.

So if you want to score goals and we do then play your best player in his best position. Don’t be smart and be nice to fit others in, play him in the middle.

There are at least 3 other coaches who either can’t see it, wont say it or he won’t listen. Then for me they just don’t get football.

Before everyone jumps in about results watch the football we have been playing for weeks. Look at how many shots we have on target or even just shots. Rotherham has been coming for weeks.

Not all the problem lays with forwards our midfield create very little for them but we have had chances.

I except play it tight, keep a clean sheet and nick a winner bearing in mind the injuries we have but if we are to nick a winner pleas play the only person we have that looks like he will score in the middle.

If not then for me he ain’t given us the best chance to win and we find another Manager who will.  Harsh but bored of Managers who overthink a game which is simple. 

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Problem is given our league position it could be a gamble too far trying out the youngsters unless injuries dictate otherwise. I fully expect to see them in cup games though.

Indeed.

It's a shame we aren't in League One, as we could have given them a run out in the Papa John's Pizza Cup ?.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Very simple for me. Wells is a Centre Forward who plays off the shoulder through the middle. He scores goal in central positions in the box. 

We on the other hand never look like scoring. O’Dowda’s record is appalling in front of goal and Syemenyo has not scored in 6 or so starts. Martin also has barley registered.

So if you want to score goals and we do then play your best player in his best position. Don’t be smart and be nice to fit others in, play him in the middle.

There are at least 3 other coaches who either can’t see it, wont say it or he won’t listen. Then for me they just don’t get football.

Before everyone jumps in about results watch the football we have been playing for weeks. Look at how many shots we have on target or even just shots. Rotherham has been coming for weeks.

Not all the problem lays with forwards our midfield create very little for them but we have had chances.

I except play it tight, keep a clean sheet and nick a winner bearing in mind the injuries we have but if we are to nick a winner pleas play the only person we have that looks like he will score in the middle.

If not then for me he ain’t given us the best chance to win and we find another Manager who will.  Harsh but bored of Managers who overthink a game which is simple. 

And when you have put that bottle down, perhaps you would enlighten us as to your management experience and knowledge of the squad, their injuries and fitness levels etc.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Personally I think we need to know a lot more about Chris Martin’s barley registering business..

3 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Very simple for me. You’re a plank!

So you think Wells wide is good management, coaching, tactics?  Also its OK to make the same week after week.  

It’s not injuries we have everyone fit who can play in the forward roles so it’s a decision they have made.

For me it’s such a bad decision that yes I am not sure he is right man for the job.  

8 minutes ago, Better Red said:

So you think Wells wide is good management, coaching, tactics?  Also its OK to make the same week after week.  

It’s not injuries we have everyone fit who can play in the forward roles so it’s a decision they have made.

For me it’s such a bad decision that yes I am not sure he is right man for the job.  

He’s played very well out there, at least one assist and a man of the match. 

To say that the club should sack him if he does it again is laughable. 

If the coaching staff cn only ply a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3 with whats available. We could play Fam or Martin our wide  if you’d prefer or we can leave it to those that no better 

18 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

He’s played very well out there, at least one assist and a man of the match. 

To say that the club should sack him if he does it again is laughable. 

If the coaching staff cn only ply a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3 with whats available. We could play Fam or Martin our wide  if you’d prefer or we can leave it to those that no better 

Where would you play Wells? 

Archived