IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

3 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Does anyone honestly expect Tuesday to be anything other than a truly awful game decided by 1 goal either way

Millwall play a similar style to Rotherham but with long diagonal balls rather than punts up the pitch. Deano already knows that as he mentioned in his post match interview.

Question is that with very little time between today and Tuesday will he and his assistants be able work with the squad enough to get the message across p?

5 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I expect it to be a competitive, tight game like every match in this league will be. We’re not going to steamroller teams, we’re all at a similar level. I enjoy supporting my team regardless 

Today was not competitive or tight....we were completely out thought and outclassed by Rotherham! 

11 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I expect it to be a competitive, tight game like every match in this league will be. We’re not going to steamroller teams, we’re all at a similar level. I enjoy supporting my team regardless 

It’s a bit like when people say ‘anybody can beat anybody in this league’. 

The truth is a bunch of teams will win way more than they lose, a couple will win most. A bunch of teams will lose more and a couple will lose most.

This line about it being close is trotted out and I don’t know why.

Every where year a group of teams have a lot more points than the rest. 

The team clearly needs rotating (deservedly so, the schedule is busy and the squad is thin). But who on earth can come in? Trying to maximise rotation, how about (5-3-2):

Bentley - Edwards, Moore, Mariappa, Kalas, Rowe - Massengo, Nagy, Brunt - Fam, Wells.

I don’t love it but it’s the best I can think of. 

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The truth is a bunch of teams will win way more than they lose, a couple will win most. A bunch of teams will lose more and a couple will lose most.

The gap between teams is there, but individual games perhaps not so much.

Fact Rotherham before today, had home GD - 1 despite home games vs Bournemouth, Brentford and Rotherham suggests there is some truth in it.

Unsure how many hammerings there are typically. Especially this season.

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

The team clearly needs rotating (deservedly so, the schedule is busy and the squad is thin). But who on earth can come in? Trying to maximise rotation, how about (5-3-2):

Bentley - Edwards, Moore, Mariappa, Kalas, Rowe - Massengo, Nagy, Brunt - Fam, Wells.

Hunt for Edwards aside, that it also what I would start with.

Semenyo looked totally knackered today, he has just started about 8 straight games. So did O’Dowda, who also badly needs a rest. I think Martin has been poor for 3 games running & he needs to have a break. Vyner has been one of our best players but struggled today & it would do him no harm to start a game on the line.

That midfield doesn’t look great & in an ideal world Nagy could also take a rest, but we have no one else fit & the other 2 have barely featured so don’t have the excuse of fatigue that others do.

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Think I'd rather see Zac Smith than Brunt in fairness

24 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The saying 'anybody can beat anybody' is true though - sometimes the team at the bottom can beat the team at the top.

21 minutes ago, 054123 said:

So you disagree that it’s a very competitive league? Three of the bottom four are Sheff Wed, Derby and Notts Forest. Three bigger clubs than us, with similar/bigger wage bills, that we don’t have a given right to finish above. We are a similar level to most teams in this league so every game is going to be tight and we’re not going to be able to play brilliant football all the time and outplay teams 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The gap between teams is there, but individual games perhaps not so much.

Fact Rotherham before today, had home GD - 1 despite home games vs Bournemouth, Brentford and Rotherham suggests there is some truth in it.

Unsure how many hammerings there are typically. Especially this season.

I understand about ‘hammerings’ but ultimately teams are rubbish and consistently don’t pick up many points. Other teams are consistently good and pick up a lot of points.

If we were genuinely a good team we would of have been in the playoffs during the last 4 seasons.

I just don’t really see the ‘anyone can beat anyone’ argument. Theoretically yes, but in reality no. The bad teams regularly drop points and the very good teams regularly pick them up.

Archived