IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

No Drive at all in our midfield, missing someone like a Joe Morrell or Liam Walsh, or preferably a couple of players of quality in the January window, who are not afraid to attack.

Opposition defences need to be stretched to create attacking chances. We are also painfully short of a badgering type of striker, who would have pace to make defences scared.

Plus need to strengthen the attacking flanks. I would actually think we would be better with actual wingers, instead of wing backs.

Really frustrating to watch, as reinforcements are needed to freshen up our team, addressing the sad problems that are there.

Granted, we have a bad amount of injuries, but there is so much dead wood still in our squad.

1 minute ago, 'Pack' It In said:

No Drive at all in our midfield, missing someone like a Joe Morrell or Liam Walsh, or preferably a couple of players of quality and are not afraid to attack.

Opposition defences need to be stretched to create attacking chances. We are also painfully short of a badgering type of striker, who would have pace to make defences scared.

Plus need to strengthen the attacking flanks. I would actually think we would be better with actual wingers, instead of wing backs.

Really frustrating to watch, as reinforcements are needed to freshen up our team, addressing the sad problems that are there.

Granted, we have a bad amount of injuries, but there is so much dead wood still in our squad.

Morrell can't get in the Luton team doubt he was ever the answer.

Well, from what I could see there, Massengo is the only one in our midfield that’s trying to make things happen. The other two have been anonymous.

Bakinson for me needs a rocket up his backside, but that’s just his style. Doesn’t help us trying to break through a stubborn Millwall side.

Just now, Magger1 said:

Injuries have **** all to do with it , not a proven playmaker on the injured list 

Injuries have an impact , Mawson, Williams , Paterson, , Baker would all be in that starting 11. Walsh is meant to be the playmaker but only done it at league 1 level. We’ve lost our creativity but the lack of desire , aggression , a player on the pitch to take the game by the scruff of the neck is missing. 

We’ve played two poor sides in four days , both better organised and committed than us - inexcusable 

1st half summary:

Bar the goal, not a lot to report.  Millwall happy to clear their lines.

Nagy running too far forward, not giving the angles he usually does and he's taking Martin's passing lane, especially when Moore is on the ball.  He needs to come short to either allow Moore to pass to Martin, or for Moore to run into.

Massengo bright enough.

Wells unlucky with shot and the block from defender.

Just need to care for the ball and pass.

Archived