IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

Where is all the quick getting the ball forward play that the coaches talked about, so far it is has been turgid knock it around the back 4, perhaps out to the wing, then back into middle, then back again, then pretty much an aimless ball forward. 

This is really pretty aimless stuff. They have the injuries granted, but there is no style there.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Makes no odds. They nailed their colours to the mast and Ashton's ego in particular is too big to ever admit he was wrong.

Quite right me old China - I keep reading it's the "doing it on the cheap." I don't think it is, Lansdown has proven that with his spending on the squad over the years. It's about working below Ashton, that's the sticking point. Unlikely to change any time soon.

Just now, bris red said:

Indeed. It will be interesting when Dean does get that sack (which he will - only a matter of time) what happens to Ashton.. for me he wholeheartedly has to go aswell.

Holden is Ashton's man. And indeed the Lansdowns' man. Unless we are actually relegated his job is safe.

Archived