IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

I posted this a few weeks back after the reading game:

"As I sad mid-week, we lack that explosive burst upfront that scares defences and creates chances and space. 

Several posters disagreed with me at the time but I stand by it even more now. 

We are so ponderous going forward. We can't find the gaps. It's fine to pass the ball about for a bit around the midfield but we should be looking for a runner. Who pulls opposition defences about and opens space? 

No movement, no pace, no invention. 

Not good 

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

To the players......a total lack of commitment, aggression, energy, pace, quality...no excuses, the last few games have been totally unacceptable.

to the coaching staff......you are making LJ look like a master tactician. Nice bloke but sad reality is Dean looks totally out of his depth. You have to judge a coach when the chips are down and the last few performances have been some of the worst  I can remember 

To the board.....”breath of fresh air”?......well, it fkng stinks!!

Spot on!

The lack of effort in particular is unacceptable; Massengo, Wells & Rowe the only ones who really put a shift in.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a City side. 

Lack of commitment out there tonight from a few, which is a bit of a worry. 

Could never say that in 1982 when we were at the bottom of Division 4. All the kids and free transfers worked their socks off. Can't say that for anyone tonight.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The problem is the Lansdown's and Mark Ashton......................if you are expecting the club to realistically challenge for the Premiership. It isn't happening whether they sack Holden or not. They'll have to sack the next Manager and the one after that and they still won't work out why nobody can get the club where we would all like it.

Nobody is going to be appointed who isn't a patsy for Ashton.

Woeful,

Absolutely no commitment to the cause. 

If I was in charge, I would absolutely tear those players 'a new one'.

Not good enough, despite the excessive amount of games and injuries in the squad (which is the same for all teams, so no excuses please Deano).

Need to change this 3-5-2 desperately, as it sucks all attacking elements from this team (which is nearly non existent).

Some major repairs needed in January and a lot of dead wood to clear.

If the club does not show any kind of commitment for promotion to the big league, this club will always be small fry.

17 minutes ago, intercity said:

Ha, I'm listening to Andi's commentary; according to him they've hit us on the counter and a few little mistakes have crept into our game.

Our passing hasn't been as "crisp" as it could have been.  Brilliant!!!!  Finally some entertainment! ?

Thought he’d injured his knee not damaged his eyes!

15 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Some major repairs needed in January and a lot of dead wood to clear.

If the club does not show any kind of commitment for promotion to the big league, this club will always be small fry.

Can you see that in a deflated market, at our level.

Who is taking in a Covid deflated market when we have quite a few out of contract in the summer quite a lot of our players? 

If a reasonable number of the injured players are back in January this can offer some fresh hope.

Could the loan market in one or two positions provide fresh impetus?

We've only signed two, there could be scope.

As to the second bit, can you do that while navigating loss limits, ongoing monitoring etc?

This feels like a bit of a holding season. Big summer ahead, look at how many out of contract!

Can we finally stop the love in with Massengo. I have no idea what he has done in training but I don’t believe he has done anymore than he did tonight.  He passes backwards, loses the ball and is to weak. He offers nothing going forward. 

Bakinson did not have a great game but he is light years in front of Massengo.

Please send him out loan and bring back if/when he improves.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Spot on!

The lack of effort in particular is unacceptable; Massengo, Wells & Rowe the only ones who really put a shift in.

Unfortunately, although there was enough effort, massengo was probably the worst culprit for lack of quality and giving the ball away

Archived