IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

18 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

What’s a dry lunch?

Is it a variant of a hot lunch, which would not far from a correct analogy of our recent performances.

Plenty of dry lunches on here, the tactical analysts the ones defending cod and Moore 

And before you ask about my credentials I just bought FM21 and took city up in my first season playing 3-1-4-2... so up yours to anyone who thinks it can’t be done.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The lack of commitment in some of those 50/50 tackles was extremely worrying to see.

The players are lucky there wasn't a crowd in there tonight. 

One from Jack Hunt on the edge of their box in the second half stands out in my mind.  Embarrassing attempt at a 50:50. If a Sunday league player went in with that lack of commitment he’d get hammered by his teammates.

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

You didn’t see the “goal line technology” image on robins TV then? 

the whole ball has to be over the line. 
85% of it was over, no goal. Correct decision. 

Actually they showed the initial block which wasn't over but it was after that fumble when it actually did cross (they didn't use the tech). But yeah it's really a moot point cos we were absolute tosh and didn't deserve it

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Plenty of dry lunches on here, the tactical analysts the ones defending cod and Moore 

And before you ask about my credentials I just bought FM21 and took city up in my first season playing 3-1-4-2... so up yours to anyone who thinks it can’t be done.

4-1-2-2-1 that's the formation of a fm21 player, just ask my league one Kettering side

That was beyond woeful. 

Only Wells, who looks more pissed off every game, can emerge with the slightest credit. 

We’re soft as hell. I have no idea what goes on at our Academy but the majority of players we produce aren’t bred as winners. Not now even developing players with desire. Bakinson. What was that? Minimum expectation is to give 100%

We need a DNA transplant. Winners and leaders only. If you don’t ‘buy in’, get out. We’re soft partly because players produce lame performance after lame performance. They get away with it. They get selected for the next match and the one after.....What message does that give out?

Said the test was matching up against the mentally and physically tough sides. If we lose to Preston we’ve failed again and another 12 months been wasted. 

Over and out. 

Somebody needs to explain to Holden that whilst the tactics cannot go out of the window there will be supporters watching on Friday looking for heart and desire on that pitch first and foremost. Win a few tackles, play with a bit of intent, don't get petrified by what the other team might do. Nobody can excuse or defend two awful performances like that in a row......in my mind tonight was far worse than Saturday and that was bad enough.

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

Can we finally stop the love in with Massengo. I have no idea what he has done in training but I don’t believe he has done anymore than he did tonight.  He passes backwards, loses the ball and is to weak. He offers nothing going forward. 

Bakinson did not have a great game but he is light years in front of Massengo.

Please send him out loan and bring back if/when he improves.

How about stopping the 'hate in' for Massengo!

Massengo was easily our hardest working CM tonight, yes he got caught in possession a couple of times, but he won plenty of ball and hit very few loose passes. Nagy was anonymous and Bakinson languid. The sky commentator whose comments were all spot on tonight, mentioned Massengo as our MotM. Tonight's dross was down to half-hearted performances by others and a head coach who is quickly looking more clueless than LJ.

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Can we finally stop the love in with Massengo. I have no idea what he has done in training but I don’t believe he has done anymore than he did tonight.  He passes backwards, loses the ball and is to weak. He offers nothing going forward. 

Bakinson did not have a great game but he is light years in front of Massengo.

Please send him out loan and bring back if/when he improves.

I was just about to post about Massengo. But you have summed my thoughts up perfectly. Lightweight at best. And showing no improvement.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hmm being constructive what do we actually need to do now. As is stands last games makes it feel like we are relegation fodder. Would a new coach or manager help this lot?

The last few games have been against teams that we consistently struggle against every season. We as a club need to look at why we continue to struggle against physical/direct/athletic teams who can score first and then completely stop us from playing. 

Either that or you fight fire with fire and appoint warnock or Pulis as next manager ?

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The lack of commitment in some of those 50/50 tackles was extremely worrying to see.

The players are lucky there wasn't a crowd in there tonight. 

Even if there was, there wouldn’t have been many come the 80th minute.! As had been said, Holden may also be fortunate there isn’t fans in at the moment because with the continued very poor home form coupled with the recent pathetic performances, he may well be getting dogs abuse by now

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're not going down, that's a given.

Last two games have been nowhere near acceptable but those who talk of a relegation, zero chance.

I remember Millwall one year being top at Xmas and getting relegated in May in about 1996,

Staying up isn't a given

Archived