IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're not going down, that's a given.

Last two games have been nowhere near acceptable but those who talk of a relegation, zero chance.

Really? With the last two performances I would argue that it is highly probable. Given the fact we have robbed a few teams this season and comfortably won one or two matches.....

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can you see that in a deflated market, at our level.

Who is taking in a Covid deflated market when we have quite a few out of contract in the summer quite a lot of our players? 

If a reasonable number of the injured players are back in January this can offer some fresh hope.

Could the loan market in one or two positions provide fresh impetus?

We've only signed two, there could be scope.

As to the second bit, can you do that while navigating loss limits, ongoing monitoring etc?

This feels like a bit of a holding period.

Maybe a change in formation could be an answer to the lack of impetus in our game?

4-2-3-1, or 4-3-1-2 could help with some of the problems. Wing backs are not mobile enough to be an attacking.

Maybe, it could just need tweaking a little to be more effective.

There is no attacking midfield threat in this team at all.

A couple of loan signings, could be the difference we need. There are more holes in this side than that. As you said if some injured players return, it could restore some order.

This team look dysfunctional and no cohesion in each position, to be effective.

One thing for sure, some changes will be needed to get this team firing again.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can you see that in a deflated market, at our level.

Who is taking in a Covid deflated market when we have quite a few out of contract in the summer quite a lot of our players? 

If a reasonable number of the injured players are back in January this can offer some fresh hope.

Could the loan market in one or two positions provide fresh impetus?

We've only signed two, there could be scope.

As to the second bit, can you do that while navigating loss limits, ongoing monitoring etc?

This feels like a bit of a holding period.

Maybe a change in formation could be an answer to the lack of impetus in our game?

4-2-3-1, or 4-3-1-2 could help with some of the problems. Wing backs are not mobile enough to be an attacking threat.

Maybe, it could just need tweaking a little to be more effective.

There is no attacking midfield threat in this team at all.

A couple of loan signings, could be the difference we need. There are more holes in this side than that. As you said if some injured players return, it could restore some order.

This team look dysfunctional and no cohesion in each position, to be effective.

One thing for sure, some changes will be needed to get this team firing again.

Bad performance but people are acting like Holden hasn't won any games all season!

A couple of weeks ago we were looking at the top of the table, Semenyo and Bakinson were having statues drafted, and it was all rosy. 

We've lost 2 matches in a row, we've come back from a lot worse than that. Dean is a brand new manager, did we really expect he would never lose a couple of games in a row? I guess times like these are when we find out what a manager is made of though.

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

And nobody wanted Warnock because the football would be crap. Ha ha.

I don’t think the likes of Bakinson, CoD, Martin would be seen again for a while in a Warnock led team. 

But as we’re decent human beings we’ve got to give them chance, after chance.......season after season...... 

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

I don’t think the likes of Bakinson, CoD, Martin would be seen again for a while in a Warnock led team. 

But as we’re decent human beings we’ve got to give them chance, after chance.......season after season...... 

i dont say Warnock is the answer, but if Holden is the answer, I'd love to know what the question was.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Got to give Millwall some credit for that.

Big issue for me was none of of City players were prepared to run at the opposition. No flair........

No flair.no invention, no drive,  no one making anything happen... all pretty turgid..again....  another painful watch..

As AW said at end of commentary, 7 or 8 injured players, all of whom would be match day squad. Only saving grace. 

So an absolutely diabolical performance again but with 9 injuries do we genuinely think someone could come in and make us a flair team and a threat.  Our midfield is dreadful and create nothing.  So with what we have available who could do better with what we have?

I’m seriously pissed off but will judge Holden with a full squad. 

42 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Playing from the back is good, but City can't make it work.

City's version is, kick forward, kick back, kick back, kick forward, kick back, hoof it or give it away.

I only wish I saw that many forward passes!

It goes sideways, sideways, sideways, short forward to Massengo, short back, sideways.....  and then the trigger (I assume pressed as a result of boredom) .... Moore thumps it forward 30 yards, invariably to the opposition.

Repeat. 

Archived