IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

5 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

So an absolutely diabolical performance again but with 9 injuries do we genuinely think someone could come in and make us a flair team and a threat.  Our midfield is dreadful and create nothing.  So with what we have available who could do better with what we have?

I’m seriously pissed off but will judge Holden with a full squad. 

The 11 players we had on the pitch tonight should’ve been good enough to muster up at least one corner between them though surely. 

Zero corners in 95 minutes of football. That’s just blown my mind for the evening ?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Problem is we have so much quality injured like you say. 

But that also means the current lot are absolutely knackered. I'm not seeing a lack of effort at all. I think Wells might be the only one who has played a lot who still looks fit. The others really struggling I think other than those who haven't played much like Massengo.

Holden football is about high work rate. But when tired I guess that is what it looks like.

We're definitely not seeing any confidence and spirit though, which is concerning.

Despite the effort, the lads tonight were playing as though they had zero belief.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But that also means the current lot are absolutely knackered. I'm not seeing a lack of effort at all. I think Wells might be the only one who has played a lot who still looks fit. The others really struggling I think other than those who haven't played much like Massengo.

Holden football is about high work rate. But when tired I guess that is what it looks like.

You need to have a plan b though surely. If the players are knackered then we need to work out a way of adapting. Millwall have barely broken sweat tonight and have beat us comprehensively. 

Saturday against Rotherham we were just so naive in the first half and completely played into their hands 

I agree with what you say but with a few caveats.

Holden sold who he wanted to, and bought who he wanted to.

We need to be careful here about creating an easy excuse. Walsh and Williams are being talked up a lot, but one was on loan in league one last year and the other in the centre of a side that got relegated.

Brunt has offered us nothing, Mawson was always a risk with injury, Chris Martin looks completely crestfallen at the moment, and Sessegnon relatively untried.

Out of the players that have gone, Morrell, Korey Smith, Kasey Palmer and Eliasson - well, I would take all four back right now.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Oh ffs Johnsonesque bullcrap already? What happened to 'say it as I see it'?

It was utter garbage Dean, that's how I saw it!

‘I asked them to play in the right areas and they did that’. 
erm, so you asked them to play aimlessly along our back line all night. We surely dont have to believe that sh1te do we?!

Just now, nickolas said:

‘I asked them to play in the right areas and they did that’. 
erm, so you asked them to play aimlessly along our back line all night. We surely dont have to believe that sh1te do we?!

Pass, pass, sideways, backwards, pass, pass then either pass it to a Millwall player, hoof it aimlessly or straight out of play.

I must be missing something Nick, you too by the sounds of it.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So why has he named an unchanged lineup, when there has been 2 matches is a week, at least twice?

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I agree with what you say but with a few caveats.

Holden sold who he wanted to, and bought who he wanted to.

We need to be careful here about creating an easy excuse. Walsh and Williams are being talked up a lot, but one was on loan in league one last year and the other in the centre of a side that got relegated.

Brunt has offered us nothing, Mawson was always a risk with injury, Chris Martin looks completely crestfallen at the moment, and Sessegnon relatively untried.

Out of the players that have gone, Morrell, Korey Smith, Kasey Palmer and Eliasson - well, I would take all four back right now.

No agree with what your saying and would of kept Morrell/Palmer as suicidal with injuries and can see no point in the Brunt signing as blocked the pathway they talk about all the time.  Mawson was a risk but was looking superb.  Don’t know the answer but I’d defy any team other than relegated teams to ride out 9 injuries and continue to be successful 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Pass, pass, sideways, backwards, pass, pass then either pass it to a Millwall player, hoof it aimlessly or straight out of play.

I must be missing something Nick, you too by the sounds of it.

Ive quite enjoyed Deans honest assessments. That tonight i’m sorry is utter tosh. 
It beats the nervous under pressure giggles from LJ, granted, but that was the worst and most worrying interview hes given imo. 
Injuries are horrendous. He doesnt want an excuse. 
Well theres no excuse for that interview. 
Deluded? Inexperienced? Or just plain stupid to claim what he has done tonight?

Worrying!

Unfortunately, I was reporting on it this evening and had to stay in the stadium, I can honestly say that I have not watched such a negative performance at the gate. It really was woeful. They had zero ideas and all the nonsense about injuries just annoys me. The lads who played have all been 1st team starters at some point during their career at the club. 

Pathetic, boring and simply ineffective!

I just wished I was at home this evening and I could have turned the channel over!

38 minutes ago, marmite said:

And nobody wanted Warnock because the football would be crap. Ha ha.

I saw him on TV when he mentioned a job interview he had. Someone said “Mr Warnock, would the fans like your style of play?”  “They might like to see the team win for a change” he replied. 

He didn’t get the job 

28 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I've have seen some of it. What was misleading about our approx 70% possesion then? We dominated the ball as per the stat.

As you said City did nothing with it. Some think that having high possession is good to have but can and often do give a wrong reflection on the game.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Unfortunately, I was reporting on it this evening and had to stay in the stadium, I can honestly say that I have not watched such a negative performance at the gate. It really was woeful. They had zero ideas and all the nonsense about injuries just annoys me. The lads who played have all been 1st team starters at some point during their career at the club. 

Pathetic, boring and simply ineffective!

I just wished I was at home this evening and I could have turned the channel over!

Exactly my thinking ... these are championship paid footballers !? Look like non league piss heads who can’t be assed 

Archived