IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

Just now, Lew-T said:

Well, from what I could see there, Massengo is the only one in our midfield that’s trying to make things happen. The other two have been anonymous.

Bakinson for me needs a rocket up his backside, but that’s just his style. Doesn’t help us trying to break through a stubborn Millwall side.

Indeed, some having a very unfair pop at him. Nagy has been anonymous and Bakinson languid.

Is it too early to consider trying something different- Semenyo and Wells pair?

Maybe O'Dowda for Massengo as well- thinking at least then we have a bit of balance and players who can go in and out between wide and central.

Something like:

Bentley

Moore Mariappa Kalas

Hunt Nagy? Bakinson Rowe

Semenyo   O'Dowda

Wells

Not so much a 3-4-3 as a 3-4-2-1- Wells central, Semenyo able to pull right and inside, O'Dowda able to pull left but also press central when required.

It's far from ideal, but something a bit different? Perm two from Bakinson, Massengo and Nagy- would Vyner coming on be an option too?

2 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

To think 3 years ago we rivalled Man City when they put out a 1/2 full team line up. To now where we can’t get the ball in the opposition box whilst playing millwall 

It's sad isn't it. No progression. All the talk at the start of the season from the coaching staff about always looking to play the ball forward. Not seeing that at all. Sideways and backwards, rinse and repeat

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

It should probably be get showered and F/O home to be perfectly honest. 
Stick the kids on. Atleast they might show some desire. Not seeing a lot of anything currently. 

Agree said the same on the match day thread lose 3 or 4 but with some commitment and desire and chasing down the opposition 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Bar the goal, not a lot to report.  Millwall happy to clear their lines.

Nagy running too far forward, not giving the angles he usually does and he's taking Martin's passing lane, especially when Moore is on the ball.  He needs to come short to either allow Moore to pass to Martin, or for Moore to run into.

Massengo bright enough.

Wells unlucky with shot and the block from defender.

Just need to care for the ball and pass.

Sorry but we need to do a lot more than that.

Watched City since 71 and don’t think I have ever seen such dull, one paced football. Despite spending millions we have mediocre players who perform significantly below their optimum. We have no leader(s), no mavericks/ game changers and are so so predictable. Opposing coaches don’t need more than 10 minutes mugging up on us. Sure the lack of fans/atmosphere doesn’t help and my only consolation is I’m not doing my usual 170 round trip for home games and can drink myself senseless during games!!

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

70% of that possession is in our own half, without a single Millwall player within sight!

A point also made by Honor... he said words to the effect; "I don't understand why City take 8 passes to get it to the edge of the box then, instead of whipping a cross in, they take another 8 passes to get it back to the half way line" 

Sounds like a very frustrating display. When Bristol comes out of tier 3 tomorrow, fingers crossed, and a few fans are allowed in they need to get on City's back; its all too easy it seems to have a poor performance every home again and get away without the verbals.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Bar the goal, not a lot to report.  Millwall happy to clear their lines.

Nagy running too far forward, not giving the angles he usually does and he's taking Martin's passing lane, especially when Moore is on the ball.  He needs to come short to either allow Moore to pass to Martin, or for Moore to run into.

Massengo bright enough.

Wells unlucky with shot and the block from defender.

Just need to care for the ball and pass.

Disagree on HNM. I’m not gonna slate him as he’s not played in months, but he did not look very assured out there. 

Not my choice at beginning , easy to say and after 12 games I was thinking we’ll give him a chance all start somewhere but ffs this team is nose diving , Wells don’t want be here , players we brought in adding **** all -same old , board trying it on cheap  

mid table team with no passion without wiemann, no fight ,energy or belief and no respect for themselves 

pathetic 

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Didn’t bother with City tonight. Opted for this. Have I made the right call?

59D544C3-FF5D-40E9-855A-0A79A4B7C380.jpeg

Back three sideways pass, pass, pass. Short forward pass to Massengo, one touch backward short pass. Back three sideways pass, pass, pass..... you know the drill by now.

Eye-wateringly predictable. 

A game made for CoD and his once in four year display. 

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

It's sad isn't it. No progression. All the talk at the start of the season from the coaching staff about always looking to play the ball forward. Not seeing that at all. Sideways and backwards, rinse and repeat

It really makes you wonder what the conversation is about when Dean and his two England coaches sit down together.

Archived