IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 19

53 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I understand about ‘hammerings’ but ultimately teams are rubbish and consistently don’t pick up many points. Other teams are consistently good and pick up a lot of points.

If we were genuinely a good team we would of have been in the playoffs during the last 4 seasons.

I just don’t really see the ‘anyone can beat anyone’ argument. Theoretically yes, but in reality no. The bad teams regularly drop points and the very good teams regularly pick them up.

I think 2017/18 was the one tbh. Our position not only on Boxing Day but an hour in vs Wolves at the end of the year.

To blow playoffs from there was very disappointing.

Could make a case for 2018/19 too but I'd go with 2017/18 moreso, not least due to ridiculous collapses (Hull and Sunderland at home) but also selected games where we lost narrowly and perhaps unnecessarily by the odd goal when draws would have kept momentum ticking over, platforms to build on etc.

Mind you in 2018/19, Aston Villa away- Weimann's offside that possibly never was and thir penalty in which they handballed during the 'foul'! Both same game!?

Semenyo red card vs Derby, again a red card that never was.

Won't even go into too much detail about Weimann's multiple disallowed wrong goals that year for incorrect offside calls...but one was at Derby!

Tettey and his many final warnings vs League leaders Norwich at home? Another in which we maybe didn't get the rub of the green.

That was also the season of the woodwork, few of them go in do we perhaps edge into top 6 by May?

Might also add if not for regular and persistent rolling injuries might we indeed have made the playoffs at least once? This is the 4th season in succession for us! Bad luck or what.

• The title was changed to Millwall on Tuesday night

My team assuming fitness:

Bentley

Mariappa | Kalas | Moore

Hunt | Nagy | Bakinson | Rowe

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

If Pato not fit then Massengo, and a more conventional MF3.  I think he deserves a start.

Vyner can provide RWB or CB cover

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Nah late penalty by Lee Matthews I think.

2001, his debut.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My team assuming fitness:

Bentley

Mariappa | Kalas | Moore

Hunt | Nagy | Bakinson | Rowe

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

If Pato not fit then Massengo, and a more conventional MF3.  I think he deserves a start.

Vyner can provide RWB or CB cover

I like that team, and I'm a fan of Massengo .  I don't think Paterson will be fit, but wouldn't be surprised if he reappeared like a Magicians assistant. I would try Mariappa at LCB just to see if his experience would make him a better option than TM who has struggled at times. 

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You can pretty much guarantee it'll be a game low on quality and goals

Sounds like a review of our last 8 games ?

Archived