IGNORED

Holden in or out // Meltdown thread // Faint hearted stay away

Unan

Holden in or out // Meltdown thread // Faint hearted stay away  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think at this stage, taking into account the improved (marginally so) performances in September, the lengthy injury list, and the limited bench options he has, it's not right to sack him. The numbers don't suggest promotion (and never have, regardless of where we may have ever been in the table), but neither do they point towards certain relegation. Holden is on a 12 month contract and come the end of the season can either be let go for no cost, or could be sacked with a small pay off with a handful of games to go if they are dead rubbers. Given the state of finances I think that's the prudent thing to do. So keep him in.

This does not mean that the appointment process in the summer is immune from criticism. I criticised it at the time and would do so again.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think at this stage, taking into account the improved (marginally so) performances in September, the lengthy injury list, and the limited bench options he has, it's not right to sack him. The numbers don't suggest promotion (and never have, regardless of where we may have ever been in the table), but neither do they point towards certain relegation. Holden is on a 12 month contract and come the end of the season can either be let go for no cost, or could be sacked with a small pay off with a handful of games to go if they are dead rubbers. Given the state of finances I think that's the prudent thing to do. So keep him in.

This does not mean that the appointment process in the summer is immune from criticism. I criticised it at the time and would do so again.

12 month rolling contract. So if sacked we still have to pay him for 12 months.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If the 'rolling element' is activated I would assume. Surely it's not an automatic renewal? Must be at discretion of the club, presumably some sort of deadline for them to deny it.

He always has 12 months remaining on his contract. 

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If the 'rolling element' is activated I would assume. Surely it's not an automatic renewal? Must be at discretion of the club, presumably some sort of deadline for them to deny it.

A 12-month rolling contract means that at any point in time the contract has 12 months to run. So, a sacking will always entitle the manager to 12 months' pay in lieu of notice (unless any clauses about the reasons for termination dictate otherwise).

1 minute ago, tommy_b said:

He always has 12 months remaining on his contract. 

Just now, Blagdon red said:

A 12-month rolling contract means that at any point in time the contract has 12 months to run. So, a sacking will always entitle the manager to 12 months' pay in lieu of notice (unless any clauses about the reasons for termination dictate otherwise).

OK.

I think we need to judge when we have more of team to pick from. We’re down to bare bones and the players are running on fumes. We don’t have a bench which can change a game and our shattered midfield and fullbacks do not seem to have the energy to drive us forward. 

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

IMO, the performances have been consistently dire for most of the season. We were never going to carry on nicking games against the run of play. The luck is running out. 

I never thought Holden, good a guy as he clearly is, should’ve got the job. When he does go, I’ve got no faith in Ashton or the Lansdowns to go and get the best man for the job in the same way the Bears did. 

Archived