IGNORED

Mark Ashton.

BCFC1512

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

Yep. Can't see us ever getting to the Prem with Lansdown at the helm

Some would say that is a very harsh comment. But the guy has owned this club for as long as many of us can remember now and besides one fleeting dance with the Play-Offs we have been nowhere near it. I stopped believing we would reach the Premiership a few years back tbh and it doesn't half stop you from getting so angry about what is going on down there. That is the simple reason I support Holden why he is here because he is working with both hands tied behind his back.........his own choice of course.

The upshot is whether you want Holden in, out or shaken all about the people directly responsible for the position the club is in, again whether you think it's good bad or indifferent, are the Three Wise Men upstairs. If you have to apportion blame then apportion it there. Too many Managers have "failed" here for it to be anything other than an issue at Board level.

7 minutes ago, dREDful said:

In terms of appointing managers MA is nothing but Lansdown puppet.

This has SLs prints all over it; see Millen, Tinnion, Johnson...

In fact it's the exact same blueprint with Millen, just get an England youth coach in to help - bound to work!

Simpson next then..

I find it funny that our last semi successful manager (Cotts) was not the choice of SL and the usual suspects. It was Keith Dawe who pushed for.

I recently watched the Bury AFC documentary. The board admitted they needed help interviewing for a manager so they had the Chester chairman on the panel. It’s a shame our board won’t admit their shortcomings and get help.

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I find it funny that our last semi successful manager (Cotts) was not the choice of SL and the usual suspects. It was Keith Dawe who pushed for.

I recently watched the Bury AFC documentary. The board admitted they needed help interviewing for a manager so they had the Chester chairman on the panel. It’s a shame our board won’t admit their shortcomings and get help.

I’d say LJ was successful to be fair to him - established us in the championship with no parachute money. Ok it went stale but he did a good job 

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’d say LJ was successful to be fair to him - established us in the championship with no parachute money. Ok it went stale but he did a good job 

I wouldn’t class Johnson as successful. He had an unbelievable amount of resources, more than any other manager/head coach. He didn’t know his best formation, first 11 and how he wanted to play. Far too many games where we weren’t competitive. Average stint. 

1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

I wouldn’t class Johnson as successful. He had an unbelievable amount of resources, more than any other manager/head coach. He didn’t know his best formation, first 11 and how he wanted to play. Far too many games where we weren’t competitive. Average stint. 

Fair enough thats your opinion - the resource thing doesn’t stack up with me though as he sold more than he bought, it’s also not his fault that players are worth much more now than they were 10 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I think LJ was more than looked after money wise by SL, regardless of no parachute payments. This is basically his squad of players who are playing mind numbing dull football. It’s just a carry on from the previous two seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think LJ was more than looked after money wise by SL, regardless of no parachute payments. This is basically his squad of players who are playing mind numbing dull football. It’s just a carry on from the previous two seasons. 

Ashtons in charge of recruiting 

Archived