IGNORED

For god sake, get some perspective

DaveInSA

We are very, very boring to watch. 

We are losing to a physical team who play direct attacking football. 

It is pretty miserable all round. 

It’s not just us, as in general I feel the current trend for possession based football is truly boring and killing the entertainment value in the game. 

However I cannot understate just how boring we are to watch. 

Oh dear.

There are some guys out there that are shrinking and I am sorry to say that the “leaders” we thought we had in the squad are not helping the younger guys and a couple of them appear to be almost sulking. You do not need this going on, a dressing room is easy to lose when things are like this.

Problem is Dean Holden got the job wanting to play a system that we do not have the personnel for, and we cannot find a system to get any kind of performance out the personnel we do have.

These are very alarming times and I thought we rode our luck start of the season, but teams are actually fancying us and we look a weak, poor side right now.

No melt down from me and I haven’t watched tonight because I knew what to expect... we are dreadful but to be honest we have enough points on the board to finish 12-15th... I don’t blame Holden he took a great opportunity but the faults lie higher up than him.

This season I have seen people defend cod, Moore, Paterson, wells, these players are part of the problem, soft and having a good time.

it is what it is like I said comfortable enough to survive but when we all get back into stadiums in 18 months or so really hope we have a new direction

I'm not sure these are 12th -15th performances We could achieve that within the next couple of weeks quite easily so without some major improvement it will be worse than that by May.  I get injuries, new manager, young player, shite ref, they've got ex prem players, training ground woes etc etc etc - so I can live with losing occasionally, but please please please give us something reasonable to watch. 

Although DH wasn’t my choice(probably the same choice as everyone but the board) I really hoped after he said we would play attacking football we might actually see some exciting football again, sadly it’s the same old boring shite we have watched for the last few years ( barring one good season). Hopefully like many others I hope that when our injuries subside we will have a reasonable squad and we will improve but I’m not convinced

Meltdown?!

I would defy anyone to find me worse back to back performances (considering the strength of the opposition) than what we have just been served up v Rotherham and Millwall.

My old man is not one for wild dramatic statements and he cannot think of an example to the above “since first game in 1958”!!

Yep. Early results papered over the cracks, same as some of the times under LJ. 

Even when we play well for the odd 20 minutes it is more luck than good management. Holden can fix things as he did at QPR but more often than not he can't.

Injuries have not helped him of course.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Have you seen our injury list? 

Mawson, Pato, Baker, Williams, DaSilva,Walsh,Wiemann, Sessegnon.

Am I missing anyone? 

Seriously, that's 7 first team players out injured. Yes it's not great, but the world's not ******* great at the moment. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. Give Holden a chance when the world isn't upside down, eh.  Why is it always such drama with our support?

Well thats 8 actually. Now you can add Kalas injured and Fammy suspended. That makes 11

I find it really difficult to rationalise just how bad we have been the last two games.

Yes, lots of injuries, but to be frank if we had 11 league 1 players out there, well drilled and committed, I would have expected to get a lot closer than we did. No commitment, no organisation. Just shambolic. Deeply frustrated.

Rarely for me, really quite annoyed about the way we played tonight after Rotherham. Going to go and do something else for a while I think.

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Have you seen our injury list? 

Mawson, Pato, Baker, Williams, DaSilva,Walsh,Wiemann, Sessegnon.

Am I missing anyone? 

Seriously, that's 7 first team players out injured. Yes it's not great, but the world's not ******* great at the moment. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. Give Holden a chance when the world isn't upside down, eh.  Why is it always such drama with our support?

It's not the defeat that's the problem or the players out injured

It's the lack of effort and motivation that's the problem 

Archived