IGNORED

For god sake, get some perspective

DaveInSA

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Have you seen our injury list? 

Mawson, Pato, Baker, Williams, DaSilva,Walsh,Wiemann, Sessegnon.

Am I missing anyone? 

Seriously, that's 7 first team players out injured. Yes it's not great, but the world's not ******* great at the moment. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. Give Holden a chance when the world isn't upside down, eh.  Why is it always such drama with our support?

So does that justify a lack of commitment and explain our tactic of playing backwards and sideways at walking pace? Or was Holden lying when he said we would play aggressively and on the front foot?

Why are some of our fanbase so completely passive?

Yes we have injuries but everyone has.

When asking for perspective, mine is firmly fixed on the board appointing a management team that can make the top 6 as they said was the aim.

I would risk stating that there is a complete lack of perspective from anyone who can look at those last two performances and brush it off with “we have injuries”. Still enough out there to muster more than 3 shots on target in 180 mins against sides in awful form, plus the fact that we were bullied and out-thought and out-planned.

Whoever the guy on the Sky red button tonight commentating was could barely believe how poor we were despite talking up our injuries.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Still not very good though is it 

Terrible.

I know we have a lengthy injury list but we looked like a pub team tonight.

I have no idea what the plan even was, Mariappa bless him, was asked to play on the left & we kept giving him the ball.

Bakinson was terrible, Massengo really rusty, Martin a complete bystander. Moore’s distribution (his strong suit) was awful, Hunt’s too.

Rowe as usual gave everything & Bentley made a decent save, the rest were abject.

9 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Am I missing anyone? 

Seriously, that's 7 first team players out injured. Yes it's not great, but the world's not ******* great at the moment. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. Give Holden a chance when the world isn't upside down, eh.  Why is it always such drama with our support?

I am most definitely supporting Holden for the simple fact that if there is blame to be apportioned I know exactly where it goes and it isn't at Dean Holden's door. Yes, things will improve when we have injured players back, no if's or buts about it imo. However, that said, there is no defending the performance tonight. Sometimes you have to call out something for what it is and tonight's "effort" by the lads was an absolute stinker of a pile of steaming hot shit, lets be fair about it. That's not drama, it's just fact.

Norwich had 14 the other day, doesn't stop them passing to each other. To miss so many 5 yard passes, I doubt we won a 2nd ball all night, add the Rotherham game to that. We create nothing and our defence has started to look panicked . 

We have at least a month before players start to come back, but the ones we had out there were so much weaker, slower and showed less energy and intent than 2 of the worst team currently in the division. Not just poor, but outplayed and lucky to get away with 2-0.  The injuries can only excuse so much.

Am I missing anyone? 

Perspective is we have just lost to Milwall and Rotherham without scoring a goal - i guarantee our starting 11 is being paid substantially more than both of theirs 

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I find it really difficult to rationalise just how bad we have been the last two games.

Yes, lots of injuries, but to be frank if we had 11 league 1 players out there, well drilled and committed, I would have expected to get a lot closer than we did. No commitment, no organisation. Just shambolic. Deeply frustrated.

Rarely for me, really quite annoyed about the way we played tonight after Rotherham. Going to go and do something else for a while I think.

Yeah.  This actually sums up how I feel.  But I'm also a glutton for punishment.  

Am I missing anyone? 

So you were happy with that performance then were you? And have been happy with the season’s performances as a whole?

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’m or have been a Kalas fan , but for a skipper his body language , especially after the goals was simply awful 

Looks frustrated and a bit bewildered to me. Add Chris Martin and Wells to this too.

The worrying this about this, without wishing to seem dramatic is they are the ones who have played at the highest level in the squad.

As I originally posted, this is potentially worrying for the coaching team.

The occasional kick of the ball towards those white posts would help. Saying that, we have to get over the halfway line first, but not before we manage 45 square passes! 

It used to be such a straightforward game this football, I can remember a time when we had ( for younger viewers) a player or two they called “wingers”. They would have pace and a bit of trickery, they would take people on, with the idea that they would feed the strikers when those strikers were actually facing the oppositions goal.

I know that sounds really far fetched, but honestly it used to happen. 

It was when football matches would often be exciting. 

Oh how I long for some of that.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

The occasional kick of the ball towards those white posts would help. Saying that, we have to get over the halfway line first, but not before we manage 45 square passes! 

It used to be such a straightforward game this football, I can remember a time when we had ( for younger viewers) a player or two they called “wingers”. They would have pace and a bit of trickery, they would take people on, with the idea that they would feed the strikers when those strikers were actually facing the oppositions goal.

Oh how i agree. Unfortunately having the opinion you have just expressed gets you called a ‘‘dinosaur’’ in modern football..

16 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Am I missing anyone? 

Absolutely no excuse for lack of fight and determination 

This club is to cosy 

There are injuries but, on paper, the teams tonight and Saturday should  have been good enough to beat poor Millwall  and Rotherham teams. Unfortunately on paper doesn’t count. It’s what happens on the pitch. A good coach should have been able to organise City to get a least 4 points from these matches. I’m sure there are coaches out there who would have been able to do that and who would want to work for City. We have Dean Holden and his two coaches yet there wasn’t any organisation, cohesion or semblance of creative team work. 

It comes down to whether the issue is now coming to the fore, can Holden hold discipline when things aren't going well.

This, on top of injuries, poses a quandary for him.

Who takes the flak? The physio, fitness, medical, CEO, Manager?

As earlier poster said Norwich had 14 injuries, could still pass ball and play fluid attractive football.   Winning, losing, drawing is part and parcel of game, so is being entertained by a game of football.  
Has anyone been entertained last few weeks....perhaps Blackburn and Reading ,QPR fixtures..these last two were appalling adverts. 

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You talk about players with pace and trickery who take people on, but unfortunately those skills don’t seem to fit with City’s style of play.  We’ve gone back to the Sean O’Driscoll style of play with lots of slow sideways possession in our own half. It’s so easy to defend. Just sit back and let City wander around aimlessly and then launch a quick counter attack 

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

What does anyone expect? Most of the first team is injured, we have a rookie manager who inherited a squad that isnt good enough, and the money has all been spent.

That fact that holden has us around the play off spots all season is a minor miracle. 

I expect us to be organised, committed & make it difficult for the opposition.

Having watched us grind out wins I certainly didn’t think I would see attacking football & any free flowing play.

I didn’t necessarily expect us to win tonight but expected us to give them a game & try & get a point at least from a side without a win in 10.

Same pattern once again and people still believe things will somehow be different.

Every year we do this, every single year. 

Run of 4/5 games without a shot on target or no goals from open play.

Runs where we look like world beaters & then a run that follows where we look shite. 

The players in this team have a weak mentality. In fact I know our next opponents Preston, their players are told this & all think this about us. 

A lot of this squad needs to be shipped out but alongside that we need an experienced head to come in and manage. If we go with Holden till the end of the season then so be it, but please do not take us any further with another manager who’s learning their way here.

Feels like we are heading for a Brian Tinnion mark 2 here. Most of the fan base are behind Dean and want him to do well but there is no hiding from the fact that the football on show for the most part of this season is dire dreadful stuff. Niave to think there are not massive issues with our setup which have been blindingly obvious if not partly masked by a winning streak at the start of the season. 

Archived