IGNORED

Dean Holden interview on rb

SouthStand Sandwich

Just a different type of crap tonight.

Millwall setup well. Got their goal and then they asked the question, can you break us down? We couldn't. Ref could of added another 45 and i dont think we would of come close to scoring.

I know it's not easy when teams set up like that but we offered zero threat from midfield. That was a very comfortable night for their defence.

What frustrated me was when he said Millwall came to try & nick a point but got a deflected goal.

They got this because they had a shot, apart from Wells free kick, which was a decent effort, we didn’t do so in 90 minutes.

We actually only had 1 likely goal scorer on the pitch at kick off.

Just now, GrahamC said:

What frustrated me was when he said Millwall came to try & nick a point but got a deflected goal.

They got this because they had a shot, apart from Wells free kick, which was a decent effort, we didn’t do so in 90 minutes.

We actually only had 1 likely goal scorer on the pitch at kick off.

Who would ever set up to do that?

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Knew it wouldn't be long before "don't aim your vitriol at the manager" went out of the window.

It was a bad bad post match mind Northern 

He has a lot of goodwill due to his straightforward approach and honesty to date

Fair play , he didn’t throw the players under the bus but he didn’t need to make ridiculous claims about tonight’s game - it was one of the biggest irritants with LJ IMHO and he could lose sympathies very quickly if he continues with it - makes him look a bluffer , as it did with his predecessor

It is difficult to know what to say as a head coach after that but you can be honest about the overall performance and accept a big improvement needed without throwing  players under the bus 

I am afraid the club's hiarchy are reaping what they've sowed.

We lost the same match in the same manner last year. Only now we have a team full of lightweight players short of confidence run by a totally inexperienced out of his depth coach who has a very similar philosophy to the previous incumbent.  

There is no cohesion. You only have to look at the bench to see it filled out with U23's to see how weak we are.

Poor HNM hasn't had a look in yet he's thrown in at the deep end, little wonder he's off the pace and rusty.

Our coaching or lack of it has turned a highly rated player who's played in the Champions League into a shell of the player struggling to cope with a lower end Championship team.

Why move on Morrell and Palmer??? Both would walk into that team.

There is no pattern to our play whatsoever apart from a ponderous sideways meandering before the long hopeful punt.

At least Streaky had some experience, Northern Streaky has none.

I have never felt so deflated.

People will point to injuries but at the very least there should be a desire to match your opponent with desire and commitment and some tactical shape to the team.

Another defeat is on the cards at our lucky club Preston next and so begins the winless run of games he thought he could avoid.

He is already out of his depth

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It was a bad bad post match mind Northern 

He has a lot of goodwill due to his straightforward approach and honesty to date

Fair play , he didn’t throw the players under the bus but he didn’t need to make ridiculous claims about tonight’s game - it was one of the biggest irritants with LJ IMHO and he could lose sympathies very quickly if he continues with it - makes him look a bluffer , as it did with his predecessor

It is difficult to know what to say as a head coach after that but you can be honest about the overall performance and accept a big improvement needed without throwing  players under the bus 

All he's said is that he thought it was better than Saturday. I disagree with him but frankly both games were that bad that it's a matter of personal opinion. The rest of the interview was as we've come to expect - no excuses, have to stick together etc.

That doesn't mean he's lying or bullshitting, which is what people are falling over themselves to claim.

44 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Dasilva out for a while aswell, don’t know what goes on behind close doors but surely the fitness/conditioning coaches have to be questioned, never ever saw anything like this 

We've never been through a global pandemic like this, forcing players to play every 3 days for such a prolonged period of time either. lots of teams have injury problems at the moment

Just now, Northern Red said:

All he's said is that he thought it was better than Saturday. I disagree with him but frankly both games were that bad that it's a matter of personal opinion. The rest of the interview was as we've come to expect - no excuses, have to stick together etc.

That doesn't mean he's lying or bullshitting, which is what people are falling over themselves to claim.

He said at the start of the interview we played some ‘good stuff’ or similar words and then suggested Millwall were fortunate with a deflection , and basically were a bit fortunate

You wouldn’t match his post match to the actual game , would you

I feel sorry for him as he’s having zero luck , but for the first time came across as feeling the pressure tonight.

I maintain that no coach would perform miracles with this squad , so I feel for him a bit , but a bad 4/5 days and the players on Saturday tonight badly let him down 

A good test of his credentials over the coming weeks 

Archived