IGNORED

Han Noah Massengo

Lenners

Just now, Bobbie said:

Sky commentator called him our best player of the night. Not saying he’s correct but always interesting to get a neutrals view. 

He was clearly at fault with the second goal but considering it was his first league start since the opening day I thought he was by no means the worst, certainly better than Bakinson.

Problem is he came into a side that was playing poorly & our blend last night, which was inexperienced & lightweight was wrong for the opposition, not that bringing Fam in aside, we had much choice.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I think the problem is the lack of options we have at the moment. Injuries are killing us in vital areas. Who knows what team we will see on Friday. I might be tempted to throw in a couple of youngsters.

Could argue we have 8 days after Friday to recover, so one last heave Ho then rest for a few days. But so many players look shot so why wait for the inevitable defeat? At least youngsters (inc HNN) might be able to provide some energy. I fear though that if they can’t get in this team currently then DH simply doesn’t see them as good enough (yet?)

People seem quite keen for Massengo to fail which I find a bit odd. I can't put my finger on why that is, I think there are some who don't like 'flashy' 'foreign' signings. 

It's a bit like those who seemed desperate for Morrell to be 'overrated'.

It's obvious he will need games to show his best form. He's young, hasn't grown into his 'man strength' yet and is still learning the game. Bobby Reid should be a lesson to everyone as to why it's best to give young players time - especially those that haven't filled out yet. 

49 minutes ago, Super said:

I think the problem is the lack of options we have at the moment. Injuries are killing us in vital areas. Who knows what team we will see on Friday. I might be tempted to throw in a couple of youngsters.

Well O'Dowda will come back in and I'm presuming based on Holden's previous selections that Massengo will come back out.

There are two players involved in a pass and granted some of the passes were a bit "heavy", (the buzz word last night), most of the time the supposed receiver of the pass made very little effort to go and get it. There appeared to be a few training ground moves and again whilst the passer has to aware of his team mates position the quick flick passes do rely on the receiver being in the right place.

Where the ball ran free or landed between our and their players Millwall always got there first, they wanted it more. It was a bit, "After you Claud"!

55 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, I noticed that. Mind you the commentator is pretty piss poor.

Awful, he kept mixing up Bakinson & Diedhiou despite the fact one was usually in our half & the other was up top & the different shirt numbers..

Also completely neglected to mention our first double sub & then say who had come off..

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People seem quite keen for Massengo to fail which I find a bit odd. I can't put my finger on why that is, I think there are some who don't like 'flashy' 'foreign' signings. 

It's a bit like those who seemed desperate for Morrell to be 'overrated'.

It's obvious he will need games to show his best form. He's young, hasn't grown into his 'man strength' yet and is still learning the game. Bobby Reid should be a lesson to everyone as to why it's best to give young players time - especially those that haven't filled out yet. 

I'm not keen for him to fail at all, I really want him to do well. He has all the makings of a cult player and seems a really nice guy

But the truth as I see it is he isn't cut out for championship football at all. He passes sideways a heck of a lot and doesn't bring anything much to midfield. He is pretty much the opposite of flashy in the way he plays (Kasey Palmer is someone I would class as a flashy player) 

I didn't see last nights game but heard he did some nice things which is encouraging. But all his other performances I have seen have been nothing interesting at all 

Not sure if I should post this as it’s a private convo but the below is a direct message to me from Han Noah’s mum on twitter. Interesting at the very least and in part shows we are waiting away a talent that if developed correctly will tech a far higher level than our club ever will yet we as a club due to the management are ruining his career currently. Maybe the current injuries could be a blessing for him to get game time to prove his ability. Out of everyone vs Millwall, he at least made attempts to play passes through the lines towards our strikers. Maybe we should play him more advanced to see what he can do given we’re are severely lacking forward creativity.... the below doesn’t speak well for holdens man management here IMO. The kid works hard above and beyond, has undoubted talent and potential, is young and has experience not only of this league but champions league. Why Holden can’t see to play him much is beyond me...

“Thank you very much !!!I am his mom and I cannot see his Paris matches.
 When I read on twitter what was being said about the game and Han-Noah I was sad.  I didn't tell him anything because he doesn't have twitter anymore.  I called him quickly because he was driving, he told me he had a decent but complicated game because he has not played for a long time, with a team he knows less well.  LJ had come to Monaco with a big project for him but the new coach wants some old ones and he says he is playing the competition.  HN works a lot.  In the morning he trains 1 hour more before the others, all alone.  But the coach doesn't like him very much.
 When he plays in the French U23 team, he is an attacking midfielder.  This is his real job.  But coaches often use him as a defensive midfielder.
 He chose Bristol when many teams wanted him but the project in Bristol was more interesting, even though it was a division below.  Monaco did not want to let him go.  So he is a little disappointed with the new coach but still very motivated!
 He knows he can be better but for that he has to play.  In addition, he likes Bristol, the supporters, the club, the city ... so we hope he will play again in the future!”

1 hour ago, Red Ferret said:

I'm not keen for him to fail at all, I really want him to do well. He has all the makings of a cult player and seems a really nice guy

But the truth as I see it is he isn't cut out for championship football at all. He passes sideways a heck of a lot and doesn't bring anything much to midfield. He is pretty much the opposite of flashy in the way he plays (Kasey Palmer is someone I would class as a flashy player) 

I didn't see last nights game but heard he did some nice things which is encouraging. But all his other performances I have seen have been nothing interesting at all 

Give him some time, I appreciate he was a seven figure player with good pedigree but he needs time to find his man strength and mature. 

3 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Not sure if I should post this as it’s a private convo but the below is a direct message to me from Han Noah’s mum on twitter. Interesting at the very least and in part shows we are waiting away a talent that if developed correctly will tech a far higher level than our club ever will yet we as a club due to the management are ruining his career currently. Maybe the current injuries could be a blessing for him to get game time to prove his ability. Out of everyone vs Millwall, he at least made attempts to play passes through the lines towards our strikers. Maybe we should play him more advanced to see what he can do given we’re are severely lacking forward creativity.... the below doesn’t speak well for holdens man management here IMO. The kid works hard above and beyond, has undoubted talent and potential, is young and has experience not only of this league but champions league. Why Holden can’t see to play him much is beyond me...

When I read on twitter what was being said about the game and Han-Noah I was sad.  I didn't tell him anything because he doesn't have twitter anymore.  I called him quickly because he was driving, he told me he had a decent but complicated game because he has not played for a long time, with a team he knows less well.  LJ had come to Monaco with a big project for him but the new coach wants some old ones and he says he is playing the competition.  HN works a lot.  In the morning he trains 1 hour more before the others, all alone.  But the coach doesn't like him very much.
 When he plays in the French U23 team, he is an attacking midfielder.  This is his real job.  But coaches often use him as a defensive midfielder.
 He chose Bristol when many teams wanted him but the project in Bristol was more interesting, even though it was a division below.  Monaco did not want to let him go.  So he is a little disappointed with the new coach but still very motivated!
 He knows he can be better but for that he has to play.  In addition, he likes Bristol, the supporters, the club, the city ... so we hope he will play again in the future!”

This ties in to what I heard about Holden 'not rating' HNM. I heard this info a few degrees of seperation down the line so may not be totally reliable. 

I have to ask though... why were you DM'ing his mother on Twitter in the first place ?

6 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

This is so flawed. 

"He put a decent shift in", this isn't downs football this is a basic expectation.

He was at fault for the 2nd goal, simple as that.

No it’s not.  Shift doesn’t just apply to work rate, he got on the ball, made 65 passes (55 accurate), made several interceptions winning the ball back.  He was at fault for the second goal, but nobody calling out whoever showed Bennett back inside onto his favourite right foot.  We saw Bennett’s prowess with his left foot in the first half.

He wasn’t brilliant by any stretch, but he contributed more than his other MF partners imho.  Bakinson wasn’t too bad, but it was Nagy that really disappointed last night.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No it’s not.  Shift doesn’t just apply to work rate, he got on the ball, made 65 passes (55 accurate), made several interceptions winning the ball back.  He was at fault for the second goal, but nobody calling out whoever showed Bennett back inside onto his favourite right foot.  We saw Bennett’s prowess with his left foot in the first half.

He wasn’t brilliant by any stretch, but he contributed more than his other MF partners imho.  Bakinson wasn’t too bad, but it was Nagy that really disappointed last night.

This is what you call clutching at straws. He was crap. 

20 hours ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

The lad suits playing under a Jovanovic Fulham type team in a fast moving quick passing attacking team not the absolute sewage that’s been served up here for how many seasons now .... 

‘Absolute sewage’. ??
If you dont mind im stealing this for future use. ??

I’ve always been a fan but last night he frustrated me.  He is like a puppy   On one occasion, hunt and Nagy were closing down an advancing player , then hnm ran over as well , leaving his man on his own, a simple 5 yard ball took 3 of our players out of the game    He did that time snd time again,  however he is young and I’m sure if he had a few games with someone like brunt he will learn 

The guy's 19. Hadn't played for months and was thrown into a side low on confidence and was up against one of the most physical sides in the league. He's got the potential to be a top player, providing there's patience and he's coached correctly. I think if he's eased in properly, in a more advanced role, he'll come good. He's played at a significantly higher standard than anyone else in the squad - there's good reason for that.

This time last year he was seen as a god who would carry us to promotion, fast forward 12 months and he appears to be written off. Bakinson has taken the mantle of golden child, equally if he struggles at the start of next season will he too be written off as not being able to handle the league?

HNM deserves a run of 6-10 games starting and playing 90 mins. 
we afforded this to AN, TB, COD etc. 

Id rather see him start games and have a fair chance to get back to his best. 

Interesting regarding the positional comment from his Mum- could’ve sworn LJ also said on the radio pre his signing he was more of an 8 than a 6...? 

maybe him pushed further forward with more license to go beyond the ball will help. 

17 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

HNM deserves a run of 6-10 games starting and playing 90 mins. 
we afforded this to AN, TB, COD etc. 

Id rather see him start games and have a fair chance to get back to his best. 

Interesting regarding the positional comment from his Mum- could’ve sworn LJ also said on the radio pre his signing he was more of an 8 than a 6...? 

maybe him pushed further forward with more license to go beyond the ball will help. 

What did his mum say?

On 16/12/2020 at 12:47, BOSRed said:

⬆️

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What did his mum say?

On 15/12/2020 at 23:17, Lenners said:

Didn’t see the game tonight, was he improved from what we’ve seen of him?

Don’t listen to the rest of them. He was awful. Looks out of place at this level.

Not strong enough. Passes sideways or backwards. Offers nothing going forward.  Literally offers nothing to the team. Will never create a goal or score a goal if played every game.

Miles behind Bakinson. Over hyped and for some reason over rated.

The opposition will target him when he gets the ball as they did when they scored. He does It at least 3 times every times he plays. 

Send him out on loan and let’s see after another year. At the moment at this level not even worth his place on the bench.

Nice kid and only young but honestly at this level no chance. I just don’t get why everyone wants to ignore the obvious.  

Just my opinion but it is the right based on watching every game....

On 16/12/2020 at 12:47, BOSRed said:

Thanks for posting.....though having said that I’m a bit uncomfortable with it being on here.

I haven’t a clue if anyone at the club reads this but if it got back to DH it may not do Han-Noah any favours

However it does highlight why people shouldn’t get so personal in their anger on social media. I’m sure most of the players don’t read it but you can bet relatives do. 

I really feel for his mum back in Paris and having to get a feel for things on social media, which let’s face it, isn’t the most balanced view of things

Personally I love the guy. After many years watching French football when I lived there, mainly Toulouse, Montpellier and Marseille I always look out to see how players from the French league fare in England.

At City we’ve had the good bad and the ugly and that was just Diony’s debut. I think Han-Noah is very promising, He’s got such a naturally good touch, when you see him in them training clips or if you’ve seen him playing for the French teams at times his play is breathtaking.

He’s obviously still very young and it’s plain to see from even a year ago that LJ and now DH have been training him on his defensive duties which has taken away a bit from his natural game. 
I’d love to see him play in a more attacking role with a license to attack, we moan about his lack of attacking play but he’s only playing to orders. 

It may not work out but if he does get a run in the side and especially when he’s in his early 20s we could have a very exciting player

Archived