IGNORED

Han Noah Massengo

Lenners

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm the resident Massengo superfan but I think he's playing worryingly inhibited football at the moment. When he gets time and space he shrinks, which is a real shame.

I was expecting him to be criticised tonight, but I guess everyone noticed the wayward play from established older players like Hunt (some shocking crosses), Rowe (ditto), Wells (slapdash, played one pass out for a throw in) and Martin (fading to the invisible man), and the sloppiness from Bakinson and Semenyo when they came on.

Only Bentley and Vyner look anything like themselves. Sometime O'Dowda, sometimes not.

I honestly don't know what else the full backs could have done. It’s not like anyone ran the channels or popped up in the pockets in front of the defence. It was horrifically static and resulted in the only option being to cross from deep into the box. Which suited the deep defensive line of Preston to a tee.

Massengo did well tonight. Was slightly surprised to see him in the starting line up after Tuesday - but his performance was much improved and his place justified.... was unlucky to go off at half time. But I think he was taken off for tactical reasons rather than his performance with City changing shape and having to bring on Bakinson & Semenyo - it was either Massengo or Nagy who made way, and with the Nagy more experienced he will have been the obvious choice.... and I'm sure Holden will have explained that to him. 

Massengo is probably among only a few of players who can come away tonight pleased with their performance. While there weren't any REALLY bad performances out there tonight, there weren't many to give much credit to either. 

Taylor Moore has taken some stick for giving away the penalty. Personally - I dont think he is to blame. Its hard to be conclusive from the replays how much contact was made with Sinclair.... if any at all. But it was clear from Sinclair's movement that he was playing for the foul. If VAR was involved - might have been different. But we'll never know. 

5 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

An improvement tonight but still gets bypassed too easily and positional all over the place.

You actually want to watch the game and ask why that might be instead of just blaming him.  He was our best player first half tonight.  Not saying much I know, but he was pretty much the only positive out there.  That’s disgraceful really.

Ill tell you what one reason might be!

Because we have an effin huge distance between our forwards and our defence.  You try closing space and angles when there’s 60 yards front to back.

Watch how long it took the camera to pan and catch up a ball from the Preston back 4 to Maguire.  Kalas (it must be him setting the line) was so deep it was embarrassing.

The space / distances for Nagy, O’Dowda and Massengo to cover was just too big.

I’m amazed our coaching staff either didn’t spot that or implemented that as a plan.

Its hanging the midfield out to dry.  Nagy and O’Dowda did little first half.  Second half we had some spells, but look how easy Preston took the sting out of any spells of pressure we did build.

Couple that with 3 CBSs marking one man (Maguire) and you just leave the 3 in midfield chasing shadows.

What Massengo did do, despite being set up to fail was actually quite impressive tonight.  Where are the leaders keeping the team in shape.

The eleven put out tonight was let down either by tactics or failure to execute, but to pull off Massengo at h-t was piss poor imho.

2 hours ago, Tim S said:

Massengo did well tonight. Was slightly surprised to see him in the starting line up after Tuesday - but his performance was much improved and his place justified.... was unlucky to go off at half time. But I think he was taken off for tactical reasons rather than his performance with City changing shape and having to bring on Bakinson & Semenyo - it was either Massengo or Nagy who made way, and with the Nagy more experienced he will have been the obvious choice.... and I'm sure Holden will have explained that to him. 

Massengo is probably among only a few of players who can come away tonight pleased with their performance. While there weren't any REALLY bad performances out there tonight, there weren't many to give much credit to either. 

Taylor Moore has taken some stick for giving away the penalty. Personally - I dont think he is to blame. Its hard to be conclusive from the replays how much contact was made with Sinclair.... if any at all. But it was clear from Sinclair's movement that he was playing for the foul. If VAR was involved - might have been different. But we'll never know. 

Of the starters, I had several 4s and 5s.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of the starters, I had several 4s and 5s.

Messenengo was not our ‘Best’ player. He did nothing. Ran around a lot, chased the ball. He passed the ball then ran into positions he could not receive it.  He was poor and got taken off.  Rating 4/10 at best. 

Bakinson showed just how far away from playing at this level.

it’s a game of opinions but can we say what we see, not what we won’t to see. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You actually want to watch the game and ask why that might be instead of just blaming him.  He was our best player first half tonight.  Not saying much I know, but he was pretty much the only positive out there.  That’s disgraceful really.

Ill tell you what one reason might be!

Because we have an effin huge distance between our forwards and our defence.  You try closing space and angles when there’s 60 yards front to back.

Watch how long it took the camera to pan and catch up a ball from the Preston back 4 to Maguire.  Kalas (it must be him setting the line) was so deep it was embarrassing.

The space / distances for Nagy, O’Dowda and Massengo to cover was just too big.

I’m amazed our coaching staff either didn’t spot that or implemented that as a plan.

Its hanging the midfield out to dry.  Nagy and O’Dowda did little first half.  Second half we had some spells, but look how easy Preston took the sting out of any spells of pressure we did build.

Couple that with 3 CBSs marking one man (Maguire) and you just leave the 3 in midfield chasing shadows.

What Massengo did do, despite being set up to fail was actually quite impressive tonight.  Where are the leaders keeping the team in shape.

The eleven put out tonight was let down either by tactics or failure to execute, but to pull off Massengo at h-t was piss poor imho.

Of course it may be because he has been given a very specific role which he has completely failed to carry out. 

His positioning is obviously all over the place, and no surprise that he was taken off.

Much improved second half, with massengo off the pitch.....so this idea that the decision "disgraceful" and "piss poor" is plain wrong.

4 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Of course it may be because he has been given a very specific role which he has completely failed to carry out. 

His positioning is obviously all over the place, and no surprise that he was taken off.

Much improved second half, with massengo off the pitch.....so this idea that the decision "disgraceful" and "piss poor" is plain wrong.

Nothing to do with Preston being happy to sit in and soak up then hit us on the counter?

I just love the way that some people seem to be so desperate to end the career of a young talent at this club.

Just a reminder that it wasn't Bognor Regis Town that we signed him from, it was Monaco FFS plus, other higher ranking clubs were after him. We chased him and sold him a dream which is becoming a nightmare but I'll quite happily go with the likes of Monaco, etc  as being better judges of a footballer than some of our vociferous armchair heroes who are very quick to see nothing and brand him a failure to be moved on....

Our style of play is poor and it is this mainly because we don't really have one. I was really hoping that DH would step out from LJ's shadow and bring a fresh approach but it has very quickly devolved to a continuation of what we had before under LJ who was dismissed for the "absolute sewage" that we were served up for the last 2 years and it is hardly the environment to nurture the best out of him

For what its worth, I think that the away support rate him and he appreciates this however our local "experts" are probably not the right people for him to listen to..

1 hour ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

I just love the way that some people seem to be so desperate to end the career of a young talent at this club.

Just a reminder that it wasn't Bognor Regis Town that we signed him from, it was Monaco FFS plus, other higher ranking clubs were after him. We chased him and sold him a dream which is becoming a nightmare but I'll quite happily go with the likes of Monaco, etc  as being better judges of a footballer than some of our vociferous armchair heroes who are very quick to see nothing and brand him a failure to be moved on....

Our style of play is poor and it is this mainly because we don't really have one. I was really hoping that DH would step out from LJ's shadow and bring a fresh approach but it has very quickly devolved to a continuation of what we had before under LJ who was dismissed for the "absolute sewage" that we were served up for the last 2 years and it is hardly the environment to nurture the best out of him

For what its worth, I think that the away support rate him and he appreciates this however our local "experts" are probably not the right people for him to listen to..

All well and good but he is having zero impact at this club. And with all those players to come back in the new year doubt he will make the squad.

Had 5 good games for us and other than that has disapointed massively.

May make it at this level at some point but it won't be with us....won't get the game time to progress.....anyone ever wondered why he came to us and not a better club.....maybe they don't see the potential that our world famous scouts do.

Not sure what the away support has got to do with anything, maybe you're trying to give yourself a pat on the back.

18 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

All well and good but he is having zero impact at this club. And with all those players to come back in the new year doubt he will make the squad.

Had 5 good games for us and other than that has disappointed massively.

May make it at this level at some point but it won't be with us....won't get the game time to progress.....anyone ever wondered why he came to us and not a better club.....maybe they don't see the potential that our world famous scouts do.

Not sure what the away support has got to do with anything, maybe you're trying to give yourself a pat on the back.

Why us...? probably the same reason as why we got Tammy, LJ reportedly gave a very persuasive presentation to Chelsea to convince them that we were the right club to progress his game and most likely, the same for HNM...

Not sure where the back patting comes from, my point is that the away support gets behind the team as opposed to the armchair wonders who moan constantly during the game at AG (and yes, the football does frustrate me but I don't moan out loud about it)...

4 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Why us...? probably the same reason as why we got Tammy, LJ reportedly gave a very persuasive presentation to Chelsea to convince them that we were the right club to progress his game and most likely, the same for HNM...

Not sure where the back patting comes from, my point is that the away support gets behind the team as opposed to the armchair wonders who moan constantly during the game at AG (and yes, the football does frustrate me but I don't moan out loud about it)...

TA was a loan. This was permanent. 

Archived