IGNORED

Slavan Bilic - Now sacked

The Batman

Soon to be ex brother in law is a wba fan. Told me earlier that Bilic may be off tomorrow. Various media outlets are running the story now too. 

Why not do it after losing 5-1 at home and do it after getting a great result away at Man City? Did the Bosses assume they'd get hammered again and not want the new boss / caretaker lumbered with it? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/15/slaven-bilic-facing-west-brom-sack-despite-draw-manchester-city/

https://talksport.com/football/804756/slaven-bilic-sacked-west-brom-manager-sam-allardyce/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Anyone got his number? 

Won't sack Holden unless we go on a "Johnson-esque" run of losses, as the board may become backed into a corner after promoting LJ's assistant, and then see him doing seemingly the same things. At the end of the day, we're in a decent position despite not playing the best football ever (sound familiar?). The proof will be what happens in the transfer window, as the commentator last night seemed to think we were prepared to use the market when it opens....

Bilic would be nice, as would Howe. Neither will happen.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Wow that was quick. don't these things take around 6 weeks usually?

You have to make sure you do your due diligence and of course implement a rigorous process to find the right man for your club didn’t you know?

• The title was changed to Slavan Bilic - Now sacked
  1. Chances that Bilic only was willing to drop down to the championship because of who West Brom were and the likelihood of getting them back up?
  2. Remember that West Brom really shouldn't have gone up automatically if Brentford hadn't turned into a bottling factory, would 3rd place have been a good season with the squad he had?
  3. Mixed transfer record, some very good buys like Sawyers for little, Pereira on loan, Ajayi etc. However £8m on Zohore, almost £4m on Austin thats £12m on 2 strikers who scored 13 in 51 championship appearances between them. Did West Brom's status as a club make it easier for him in the window? Would he be able to attract a high quality of player to us or would clubs look at us and think no thanks?

Would certainly stir up and wake up our lot, unfortunately SL is not for stirring or waking up from his nice safe, secure haven; Bilic would take us up and soon giving backing, cant see him getting on with Ashton though so he would have to go ....aint gonna happen wouldnt fit the required mould Steve has created. ?

25 minutes ago, Banned User said:

I don't understand the Big Sam love in, okay at Sunderland, shit at Palace, shit at Everton, shit at West Ham. Keeps getting job after job.

Neither do i to be honest. For me he has had his day but like you said he keeps on getting jobs - its a strange one.

As for Bilic i would love to see him here. I’d sack the current 3 coaches in a heartbeat to get him in but there is absolutely zero chance of that happening. Bilic wouldn’tpass the ‘’good human’’ test in the interview process i doubt. Bollox to the fact he is a proven winner mind just aslong as he is a good human ay..

Archived