IGNORED

Every time we lose 2 in a row...

Judda

If the expectation was one of just staying in this division then there would be a lot less complaining. The problem is that every season recently we have had “consistent improvement”, “top 6 finish”, “aim for promotion” from the owner, a reasonably bright start to the season and then it all tailing off badly mid-season with some dire and hard-to-watch football. We finally ditch LJ, but appoint his assistant to the top job and again we are going through the same cycle.

No one said that being a football fan was easy, and I am glad that we aren’t flirting with relegation just yet, but it’s the big expectations and limited delivery that hurts the most. The hope of an experienced manager who has achieved something, and yet the appointment of a coach with limited experience of managing. We have been here before too many times over the years. The owner keeps repeating the same things yet expecting a different outcome. That’s the definition of madness.

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

If the expectation was one of just staying in this division then there would be a lot less complaining. The problem is that every season recently we have had “consistent improvement”, “top 6 finish”, “aim for promotion” from the owner, a reasonably bright start to the season and then it all tailing off badly mid-season with some dire and hard-to-watch football. We finally ditch LJ, but appoint his assistant to the top job and again we are going through the same cycle.

No one said that being a football fan was easy, and I am glad that we aren’t flirting with relegation just yet, but it’s the big expectations and limited delivery that hurts the most. The hope of an experienced manager who has achieved something, and yet the appointment of a coach with limited experience of managing. We have been here before too many times over the years. The owner keeps repeating the same things yet expecting a different outcome. That’s the definition of madness.

Yes agree with lots there.

But is not expectation with every fan every game and moment of the season. Yes often the expectation is unrealistic. But is that not the feeling that people want to support a winner. 

I have been watching city since 1974 and things have been a lot worse than they are now. So sit back and enjoy the ride, win or lose.

Things could get better or worse.

What ever I will still love Bristol City and will still be a supporter.

You tell us to chill but some of the worst football i have seen in the last 20 years is being witnessed at the moment, football is a sport for winners  not just taking part and be happy being mediocre.

The squad has injuries yes but without Walsh (who is as yet unproven for us) we seem to have have no creativity, players like Palmer (even Watkins) and Elliason should not been allowed to leave without getting in reliable exciting replacements yes we have players like COD and Pato who turn it on every once in a while but they are not consistent enough. If SL is as serious about Prem football as he says then he needs to dig deep in to those pockets and stop selling our best players each season as we will never have a better time to achieve the dream than this current season 

6 hours ago, Judda said:

Ashton out.

Lansdown out.

Everyone out.

Without all these people we'd probably be battling the gas...

Who's taking us over? Sheik ya bootie?

We're doing OK. Better than most expected. Chill....

Is the glass half full or half empty? Not quite sure at the moment but I think Fridays game is a big one as far as I’m concerned. I’m not sure I will even watch it, I don’t want to ruin my Friday night ? 

10 minutes ago, westonred said:

You tell us to chill but some of the worst football i have seen in the last 20 years is being witnessed at the moment, football is a sport for winners  not just taking part and be happy being mediocre.

The squad has injuries yes but without Walsh (who is as yet unproven for us) we seem to have have no creativity, players like Palmer (even Watkins) and Elliason should not been allowed to leave without getting in reliable exciting replacements yes we have players like COD and Pato who turn it on every once in a while but they are not consistent enough. If SL is as serious about Prem football as he says then he needs to dig deep in to those pockets and stop selling our best players each season as we will never have a better time to achieve the dream than this current season 

We will always sell our best players as we always have done; the injuries, every club has them including Liverpool etc, we are supposed to have adequete squad players to replace them to cover until the 1st choice team are fit.

Sl does need to dig deep in those pockets for a manager, players and that hanger on Ashton, seems his plan for our future involves investing in buildings and not the right people to fill them.

SL can only dig so far into his undoubtedly deep pockets.

The more revenue we (legitimately) raise the more we can spend, in short.

He could do some sponsorship deals if at fair value every little helps but it wouldn't be a magic bullet.

I won't repost what I always do but having a rich benefactor isn't the be all an end all. Ask Sheffield Wednesday fans, Derby to name two- they have spent more than limits allowed, tried to get round it and got burnt.

QPR are still arguably suffering the after effects of their 2014 overspend!  Once bitten, twice shy they take it very seriously now (even if their punishment wasn't as steep as it was portrayed to have been).

Birmingham as well were put through the wringer somewhat!

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Seeing suggs coming up your driveway is the sign of madness.... 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

SL can only dig so far into his undoubtedly deep pockets.

The more revenue we (legitimately) raise the more we can spend, in short.

He could do some sponsorship deals if at fair value every little helps but it wouldn't be a magic bullet.

I won't repost what I always do but having a rich benefactor isn't the be all an end all. Ask Sheffield Wednesday fans, Derby to name two- they have spent more than limits allowed, tried to get round it and got burnt.

QPR are still arguably suffering the after effects of their 2014 overspend!  Once bitten, twice shy they take it very seriously now (even if their punishment wasn't as steep as it was portrayed to have been).

Birmingham as well were put through the wringer somewhat!

The problem to me seems to be what SL chooses to spend the available money on and while he vitually is the dictator here he will call the shots, while the board (do we still have one) doesnt get a look in.

I love City and will support them for life. I rarely post on here due to fear of the backlash but for me it’s not so much the results it’s the manner of the losses. Last night in particular there was absolutely no fight at all. We looked like a team that had already been relegated. So fed up of patting it around at the back then lumping it forward aimlessly along with giving the ball away so easily. I would obviously love to get to the premier league one day but for me it’s not the end of the world to not go up. What I would like to see is entertaining football. I just wish occasionally our players would just run at them and get some crosses into the box. People will naturally blame the manager for poor football and tactics. Do they ever practice set pieces in training? The Ashton etc out calls are also understandable when you consider that that we are told before every season that we are an ambitious club and then at every opportunity they appoint either yes men or rookies. It’s all so boring and predictable. 

Indeed. Nineteen games in 2 points off play offs. Sitting in the same league place or higher than every city finishing position in the last 20 years except one. Yet reading these pages you would think we were bottom. 

Holden is an inexperienced manager and will, rightly, be given time. Hopefully we will not become a club that changes manager every week. Those clubs always end up in free fall eventually. Sure mistakes have been made and we are on a bad run. But Holden will be given time to sort it out. The thing about being a supporter is that it comes with good times and bad.

7 hours ago, Judda said:

Ashton out.

Lansdown out.

Everyone out.

It's also 4 defeats in last 6. 

3 of those were really bad performances too.

But yeah, it's a bit silly going on about Lansdown, Ashton, Holden etc right now. I think we'll have a better opportunity to pass judgement by March/April

7 hours ago, Judda said:

Ashton out.

Lansdown out.

Everyone out.

It's not losing 2 in a row that's the problem

It's the lack of effort

The lack of leadership 

The lack of a tactical approach

And the lack of motivation

6 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

You obviously don't watch the games. Even the lucky wins we scrap are so poor. Ashton out holden hold. You out. Mr happy clapper

You don't seem to be aware of the number of first team absentees we currently have. With more again possibly for Fridays game...?

Much of this season has been about getting through until some of those are ready to return and our points tally, from that situation, has been very good. 

Certainly the last 2 games have been exceptionally poor, but with no creative players available, it's difficult to be creative..! Especially playing 2 games a week every week, with no real options to rest or rotate. 

Now is the time to stick together, support and develop some back bone. Man up..! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You don't seem to be aware of the number of first team absentees we currently have. With more again possibly for Fridays game...?

Much of this season has been about getting through until some of those are ready to return and our points tally, from that situation, has been very good. 

Certainly the last 2 games have been exceptionally poor, but with no creative players available, it's difficult to be creative..! Especially playing 2 games a week every week, with no real options to rest or rotate. 

Now is the time to stick together, support and develop some back bone. Man up..! 

Norwich have more missing then us

The lack of fight is a disgrace and that stems form an inexperienced head coach

I can tell you the players are use to hearing the same voice and have become complacent,

Holden should of gone with johnson and an entire new coaching set up should of been brought in

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Let’s hope the players do the same. 

47 minutes ago, citymum said:

I love City and will support them for life. I rarely post on here due to fear of the backlash but for me it’s not so much the results it’s the manner of the losses. Last night in particular there was absolutely no fight at all. We looked like a team that had already been relegated. So fed up of patting it around at the back then lumping it forward aimlessly along with giving the ball away so easily. I would obviously love to get to the premier league one day but for me it’s not the end of the world to not go up. What I would like to see is entertaining football. I just wish occasionally our players would just run at them and get some crosses into the box. People will naturally blame the manager for poor football and tactics. Do they ever practice set pieces in training? The Ashton etc out calls are also understandable when you consider that that we are told before every season that we are an ambitious club and then at every opportunity they appoint either yes men or rookies. It’s all so boring and predictable. 

Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I dont buy into that though. Norwich and Bournemouth are going to open up a large gap at the top of the table and will romp to promotion. Of the rest, you have Watford, Brentford, Swansea, etc all battling for one place from the play offs. Even if we were to come third or fourth, the chances of going up would be highly unlikely.

The football, as it has been for a fair old while now, is atrocious. There is nothing that makes you look forward to watching the game. No excitement, no entertainment, no enjoyment.

It’s therefore not surprising that when you lose people aren’t happy. Win a game playing that dire stuff and people enjoy the result and ignore the performance, but as soon as you lose..

23 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not just the results though is it. As many others have said, the quality of football even when winning, is so dire and enough to make you stop watching.

Agree that the football has been terrible to watch most of the time, but doubt many stopped watching when we were winning.

8 hours ago, Judda said:

Ashton out.

Lansdown out.

Everyone out.

How long did Ashton take to decide to appoint the assistant Dean Holden ? Was it 2 or 3 months ?  That is not acceptable at any football club, it’s an embarrassment 

1 hour ago, citymum said:

Well said, 'mum

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

It's not losing 2 in a row that's the problem

It's the lack of effort

The lack of leadership 

The lack of a tactical approach

And the lack of motivation

Yep, it’s just not that we are losing,it’s the way we’re are losing,and playing.

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Imagine the mood on here if we got promoted then spent the whole season in the bottom three!

I’d imagine it would be a lot more accepting losing two on the bounce to Spurs and Liverpool etc. as opposed to Rotherham and Millwall! 

Archived