IGNORED

Every time we lose 2 in a row...

Judda

Literally i fell asleep last night. If we were in Tier 2 and able to go to the gate - how awful after not seeing them since Feb would it be to watch that drivel?

I dont really care to much about being in the Prem - i just want to watch decent footy. We are terrible to watch. We literally pass it around from left to right at the back, then lump it. Rubbish

The JD news on injury is even more depressing. 

9 hours ago, Judda said:

Ashton out.

Lansdown out.

Everyone out.

Without all these people we'd probably be battling the gas...

Who's taking us over? Sheik ya bootie?

We're doing OK. Better than most expected. Chill....

I haven't read a lot of people calling for Lansdown out. Personally, I think that would be unwise.

What would be wise would be if the board was expanded from two people to include some folk with a bit more experience of working in the game.

Why I, and others, can't "chill" is not the two losses. It's the consistent poor play over a couple of months.

We've not looked convincing contenders since early October. There are worrying signs Holden doesn't know what's wrong and that the side is demoralised and not delivering their best. Simple punts upfield catch us out repeatedly and we cannot seem to defend set pieces.  You might expect a former defender would be able to organise our defensive line to defend a dead ball. We can't make the ball stick upfield and are shot shy.

If we'd competed, matched 'Wall shot-for-shot but been unlucky, I wouldn't be feeling so pessimistic. Losses are going to occur. But we can't seem to take the match to our opponents. We are light weight.

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I haven't read a lot of people calling for Lansdown out. Personally, I think that would be unwise.

What would be wise would be if the board was expanded from two people to include some folk with a bit more experience of working in the game.

Why I, and others, can't "chill" is not the two losses. It's the consistent poor play over a couple of months.

We've not looked convincing contenders since early October. There are worrying signs Holden doesn't know what's wrong and that the side is demoralised and not delivering their best. Simple punts upfield catch us out repeatedly and we cannot seem to defend set pieces.  You might expect a former defender would be able to organise our defensive line to defend a dead ball. We can't make the ball stick upfield and are shot shy.

If we'd competed, matched 'Wall shot-for-shot but been unlucky, I wouldn't be feeling so pessimistic. Losses are going to occur. But we can't seem to take the match to our opponents. We are light weight.

Agree with every word.

The football is turgid but with our injury list I can fully understand that.

What I cannot understand is being disorganised, looking like there is no discernible plan at all & players (whom I accept in several cases are clearly tired) consistently failing in the basics, like completing a pass when under no pressure.

56 minutes ago, Midred said:

Imagine the mood on here if we got promoted then spent the whole season in the bottom three!

Bottom 3 ?

WE’d have a go at breaking a few records with this squad IMHO

You can’t recruit 12-14 players in a window

One reason I can’t be arsed to get angry anymore - we are way , way off building a squad that could go into PL and even begin to compete, even with some quality additions

Thats not Holdens fault , though his appointment sort of follows our player recruitment in all honesty

1 minute ago, markcarter said:

You can still get 50-1 on us getting relegated.  If you need some dosh, lump on quick as you will be unlikely to get anywhere near that quite soon.

I think we should have done enough this year already bar some catastrophic run. It looks like two of the three spots are already taken tbh - although Weds could go on a run it’s not looking likely any time soon and Wycombe is a given imho. 

3 minutes ago, markcarter said:

You can still get 50-1 on us getting relegated.  If you need some dosh, lump on quick as you will be unlikely to get anywhere near that quite soon.

Fancy a bet, then?

Sheffield Wednesday are 21 points behind us with 27 games left, Wycombe are 19, so do you reckon one of those 2 will catch us?

Because if not you think we will be caught by every single other team in the division.

Rotherham for instance, you think they are going to get 15 more points than us for the rest of the season?

That is why we are 50-1.

I don’t want anyone out. However the things that a lot said before Holden was appointed are now seemingly coming true. 

I like the guy but I’m not sure why he was given the job still. Anyone can say the right things. I guess as long as we are still in championship once this nonsense is over then that’s ok - then get a proper manager in.

Archived