IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson Sale - Damning Comments

Abraham Romanovich

5 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Eliasson's contract is running down. He can sign an agreement with foreign teams and leave on a free. Covid has massively impacted on the market (well apart from the Premier league). 

The money we got for him imo was a very good. Like I said covid has had a massive impact of football finances to even get close to £3m is a good deal. 

Plus I am sure there are good add ons for the club.

Some people don’t understand how the world works , it’s not a video game. 

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

One of the reasons he left, was because he didnt fit into a 3-5-2. So didnt need replacing

I’d disagree slightly. He didn’t need replacing like for like, but his contribution to the team in terms of the number of assists needed replacing. 

12 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Just found this little gem which sheds some light on our transfer policy and not in a good way , in a nutshell NE was sold for far less than his worth.

"The player that was sold for the largest amount lower than their Intrinsic Value to their previous club, was Niclas Eliasson from Bristol City to Nîmes Olympique. The Intrinsic Value he held for Bristol City was £5.37m meaning that Bristol City sold Eliasson at an undervalue of £2.67m when they allowed him to depart to join Nîmes Olympique for £2.7m. At the age of 24, Eliasson is still a considerable time away from his prime playing years (27-29 years old). As Eliasson is yet to reach peak performing years, it is believed that a player’s performance will (typically) continue sustainable growth through to their prime. This suggests that Bristol City should have negotiated to increase the transfer fee from Nîmes Olympique to better reflect the loss of a player who’s value would continue to increase as he matures. In addition, his contribution to Bristol City winning football matches was at a much higher objective performance level than was reflected in the transfer fee paid."

https://carteret.group/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Carteret-Analytics-EFL-Transfer-Window-Summer-2020-Research-Paper.pdf

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

12 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Not interested what he does for them.....more for concerned about what he might have done for us. Let's be honest he would have walked into this team and we miss him badly.

I mean, the comment is saying we should have got more than 3 mill. Evidence says they've not got a good deal.

Agree he would have been useful here still but seeing as this is about the price tag of 3 mill and not whether we should or shouldn't have let him go, id say his awful performamce this season would indicate 3 mill isn't a bad deal

Archived