IGNORED

Coincidence? CITY ANNOUNCE NEW MEDICAL TEAM STAFF (2018)

SuperFly2002

Bristol City can confirm the arrivals of Andrew Rolls as head of performance (sports science and medicine) and Andrew Proctor as lead physiotherapist.

Rolls brings with him a wealth of Premier League experience after almost two decades working in the top flight. Rolls joins the Robins following five years as first team physio at Arsenal Football Club

Now, my point is Since we let Steve Allen go in the summer of 2018 (a proven physio with a great relationship with the fan base) is it any coincidence that we now have the biggest injury list in the championship?

Shouldn't the tide of anger be redirected towards Andrew Rolls, I mean, lets face it Arsenal were always known as the sick notes of the premier league for years, and now he's left them............we appear to have the same label?

I'm pretty sure that if we had the majority of our first team back last night, it would've been a very different result.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-long-injury-list-4791262 Follow the link for a look at our current predicament........

I dont see it that way, I dont think that we employ top physio's, I get your comment about Buster Footman, but times have changed dramatically since his departure. I think it was a huge mistake letting Steve Allen and his team go. We never had as many issues on his watch, but the issues that we did have, he didnt shy away, he came out with the media team an offered full and honest interviews and updates. I've not seen any evidence of the current medical team sticking the heads above the parapet .........have you?

26 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

Bristol City can confirm the arrivals of Andrew Rolls as head of performance (sports science and medicine) and Andrew Proctor as lead physiotherapist.

Rolls brings with him a wealth of Premier League experience after almost two decades working in the top flight. Rolls joins the Robins following five years as first team physio at Arsenal Football Club

Now, my point is Since we let Steve Allen go in the summer of 2018 (a proven physio with a great relationship with the fan base) is it any coincidence that we now have the biggest injury list in the championship?

Shouldn't the tide of anger be redirected towards Andrew Rolls, I mean, lets face it Arsenal were always known as the sick notes of the premier league for years, and now he's left them............we appear to have the same label?

I'm pretty sure that if we had the majority of our first team back last night, it would've been a very different result.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-long-injury-list-4791262 Follow the link for a look at our current predicament........

Didn’t arsenal always have massive injury issues in the time rolls was there 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do any of us know why Steve Allen moved on? Maybe it was his own career choice...........:dunno:

Maybe he was let go after revealing the nature of his job to us fans? Personally I found his explanations of various injuries fascinating. 

For what its worth, I think the club should go back on bended knee and beg him to come back

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of clubs have lengthy injury lists so yeah it’s a coincidence.

I think it’s great to see the employing top physios - a far cry from the days of Buster Footman.

Probably is a coincidence, but City always have a lengthy injury list. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lots of clubs have lengthy injury lists so yeah it’s a coincidence.

Exactly, I don't understand why so many people think it is just us?

Klopp has been proven wrong in his bleating about this, and we are no worse than everyone else

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Oh don’t question the medical team at city on otib!  It’s all a coincidence and any questioning is hugely frowned upon don’t you know! 

The bizarre thing Dave is that the same accusations were thrown at Steve Allen etc, with Djuric, Hegeler, Pisano, O’Neil, Matty Taylor, etc etc.

We’ve suffered from injuries under both “physio” regimes.  The only time we seemed to get through was 14/15.

Albie had a layoff, and Litts dislocated his shoulder, albeit played on for a couple of months....that was about it.

So it’s fine to question, no probs with that, but people make up their own facts to create their theories.  That’s what bugs me.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bizarre thing Dave is that the same accusations were thrown at Steve Allen etc, with Djuric, Hegeler, Pisano, O’Neil, Matty Taylor, etc etc.

We’ve suffered from injuries under both “physio” regimes.  The only time we seemed to get through was 14/15.

Albie had a layoff, and Litts dislocated his shoulder, albeit played on for a couple of months....that was about it.

So it’s fine to question, no probs with that, but people make up their own facts to create their theories.  That’s what bugs me.

I think Agard was out at the same time as Alby as well. Can remember a run of games where Matt Smith and JET were the strike force.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe both were incompetent. Maybe we are the unluckiest club with injuries.  Nobody knows the truth so speculation is going to happen. 

All I know is that in the past I have questioned if it’s the medical team and the response against that possibility was amazing to see, considering nobody knows anything as fact 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Do any of us know why Steve Allen moved on? Maybe it was his own career choice...........:dunno:

Maybe he was let go after revealing the nature of his job to us fans? Personally I found his explanations of various injuries fascinating. 

Why would them let him go after what was an official video? ?

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn't it relatively low in 2015/16 and 2016/17 too?

However we had a load in 2017/18 as you rightly point out when, er, Steve Allen was here.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Exactly, I don't understand why so many people think it is just us?

Klopp has been proven wrong in his bleating about this, and we are no worse than everyone else

Only stats of total games missed by players would prove it one way or another tbh.

I reckon we're up there personally, this season. If such tables exist for prior seasons, that would be the definitive proof.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe both were incompetent. Maybe we are the unluckiest club with injuries.  Nobody knows the truth so speculation is going to happen. 

All I know is that in the past I have questioned if it’s the medical team and the response against that possibility was amazing to see, considering nobody knows anything as fact 

Maybe.

What we’ve seen is so many different types of injuries, and happening in both training and match that if there is a problem, it’s not an easy trend to spot.

The two ACL’s we’ve had - Afobe, innocuous in training, nobody around him, Weimann, innocuous in a match when a ball got deflected onto him to make him lose balance.

What is frustrating is we rarely seem to get a little knock that means missing one or two games.

Its why I asked Gregor to ask DH about how big a part Sports Science plays in squad selection, because most players will want to play, so asking them is futile.

In recent times AC Milan took a real look at sports Science and basically started to predict when a player might be getting close to fatigue and therefore injury, and pulled them out before they got there.  Players disliked it, thinking they were fine, but resting before fatigue, rather than resting at the point of fatigue was a massive success.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't it relatively low in 2015/16 and 2016/17 too?

However we had a load in 2017/18 when, er, Steve Allen was here.

That’s the point I’m making, Steve Allen was here when we had few injuries and when we had lots.  Some posters are making the point that it was all rosy until Proctor, Rolls and Orme came in.

A cursory look suggests we do have more injuries at present than any other Championship club. Only Stoke come near, and they have a larger squad.

What is concerning perhaps, more than absolute numbers, is that players often seem to take longer to return than predicted and longer still to shake off the injury's effects. 

It's a tough thing to quantify, but the OP is not the only fan who wonders if we have the best medical guys on the job.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

A cursory look suggests we do have more injuries at present than any other Championship club. Only Stoke come near, and they have a larger squad.

What is concerning perhaps, more than absolute numbers, is that players often seem to take longer to return than predicted and longer still to shake off the injury's effects. 

It's a tough thing to quantify, but the OP is not the only fan who wonders if we have the best medical guys on the job.

Campbell just ruled out for the season too.

5 hours ago, SuperFly2002 said:

I dont see it that way, I dont think that we employ top physio's, I get your comment about Buster Footman, but times have changed dramatically since his departure. I think it was a huge mistake letting Steve Allen and his team go. We never had as many issues on his watch, but the issues that we did have, he didnt shy away, he came out with the media team an offered full and honest interviews and updates. I've not seen any evidence of the current medical team sticking the heads above the parapet .........have you?

Steve Allen did one good interview, and from that you deduce the current medical staff are no good?  How many medical teams give full briefings on the extent of injuries.  Erm, would that be none?

5 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Didn’t arsenal always have massive injury issues in the time rolls was there 

I think one of Wenger's last acts before leaving was to get rid of that part of his backroom team and the inference from some Arsenal fans I know is what you are alluding to in your comment. Jack Wilshere being a case in point re persistent injury problems

Archived