IGNORED

Coincidence? CITY ANNOUNCE NEW MEDICAL TEAM STAFF (2018)

SuperFly2002

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I haven't seen anyone saying it's just us.

We do have it worse than most though, certainly in our league.

Do you actually know that that’s an accurate statement?

Personally I have no idea what other Championship clubs injury lists  are.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do you actually know that that’s an accurate statement?

Personally I have no idea what other Championship clubs injury lists  are.

We need a sub-forum, managed and checked daily by @Davefevs or one of the data posters, with current, accurate, detailed information on the injury situation across the Championship. A league table of injuries, if you like, with the club with the most injuries at the top, the one with the least at the bottom. 

Then we'd know whether to make allowances and excuses for Deano and co (if we're near the top) or get stuck into 'em if we are bang average for injuries, or one of the ok squads (at the bottom).

We're simply guessing and making assumptions otherwise .....

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Steve Allen did one good interview, and from that you deduce the current medical staff are no good?  How many medical teams give full briefings on the extent of injuries.  Erm, would that be none?

@SuperFly2002 Steve Allen is an absolutely top guy, but the rumours on OTIB around his departure was he was the scapegoat for O’Neil’s misdiagnosis, Hegeler, Djuric etc.

We had injury issues under the current and previous regimes.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@SuperFly2002 Steve Allen is an absolutely top guy, but the rumours on OTIB around his departure was he was the scapegoat for O’Neil’s misdiagnosis, Hegeler, Djuric etc.

We had injury issues under the current and previous regimes.

I get that Dave - its just seems like our physio table seems in use way way way too much at the minute. Lets face it, we will most likely (note I said most likely not have) some of the best facilities in the league for post game recovery (Cryo Chambers etc). Maybe I am being harsh on the current medical team, but for me, there's no smoke without fire, the injury problems seem to have followed the medical team from Arsenal to us.

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Was a physio at Arsenal not the head guy etc whereas here his title is head of performance and oversees everything

Does that not make the situation even worse then? Just saying...........

7 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

I get that Dave - its just seems like our physio table seems in use way way way too much at the minute. Lets face it, we will most likely (note I said most likely not have) some of the best facilities in the league for post game recovery (Cryo Chambers etc). Maybe I am being harsh on the current medical team, but for me, there's no smoke without fire, the injury problems seem to have followed the medical team from Arsenal to us.

Yeah, and along with @And Its Smith and @Sheltons Armyhave posted previously, there perhaps should be some review (independent).

10 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

Not necessarily, if you're not the head guy you follow instructions rather than decide how to run it, could be he came here with different ideas to how Arsenal operate

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lots of clubs have lengthy injury lists so yeah it’s a coincidence.

I think it’s great to see the employing top physios - a far cry from the days of Buster Footman.

Although Buster was hard as nails and wouldn't have put up with half the injuries we have. I can imagine him - 'Lad, thats not an injury, get back out there!'

11 minutes ago, SuperFly2002 said:

I really don’t understand why you seem to be blaming the physio department for our lengthy injury list.

Players can get injured at any point whether in a game or in training and I’m guessing that other clubs in the Championship have or have had similar injury problems. 

Injuries are simply a part of the game. We just have to accept  that in recent times City have been unfortunate on the injury front.

10 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Although Buster was hard as nails and wouldn't have put up with half the injuries we have. I can imagine him - 'Lad, thats not an injury, get back out there!'

Yeah.....I knew Buster pretty well and he was a very stoical character with a military attitude and as far as I’m aware he had no physiotherapy qualifications whatsoever.............back in his day the club was run my well meaning amateurs.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I really don’t understand why you seem to be blaming the physio department for our lengthy injury list.

Players can get injured at any point whether in a game or in training and I’m guessing that other clubs in the Championship have or have had similar injury problems. 

Injuries are simply a part of the game. We just have to accept  that in recent times City have been unfortunate on the injury front.

I guess the reason why, is I'm looking to try and understand our dip in form, and logic steers me towards having 10 or 11 of the first team our injured of a squad of circa 25-30. But hey, what do I know, I'm certainly no medical expert, I was just raising the question??

Just now, SuperFly2002 said:

I guess the reason why, is I'm looking to try and understand our dip in form, and logic steers me towards having 10 or 11 of the first team our injured of a squad of circa 25-30. But hey, what do I know, I'm certainly no medical expert, I was just raising the question??

Well, you’ve received enough comments to persuade you that Citys injury list is not down to the physio department!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yeah.....I knew Buster pretty well and he was a very stoical character with a military attitude and as far as I’m aware he had no physiotherapy qualifications whatsoever.............back in his day the club was run my well meaning amateurs.

A character and presence this club misses right now.

20 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We need a sub-forum, managed and checked daily by @Davefevs or one of the data posters, with current, accurate, detailed information on the injury situation across the Championship. A league table of injuries, if you like, with the club with the most injuries at the top, the one with the least at the bottom. 

Then we'd know whether to make allowances and excuses for Deano and co (if we're near the top) or get stuck into 'em if we are bang average for injuries, or one of the ok squads (at the bottom).

We're simply guessing and making assumptions otherwise .....

https://www.sportsgambler.com/football/injuries-suspensions/england-championship/

Fairly random one I came across and doesnt give us when the injury occurred or for how long previously. Stoke look in trouble as do Huddersfield!

Archived