IGNORED

Bobby Decordova Reid

shepton red

Not sure I agree with description of Bobby being a maverick and that's why Warnock didn't play him.   Load of tosh.  No one works harder for the team and does so in any position he is asked to play.  

Bobby is a footballer, that's why he didn't play him.  I could never understand why Warnock signed him.  If ever there was a player that didn't suit Warnock's style of play, it's Bobby.  

Did seem an odd transfer from Cardiff's end at the time. Certainly didn't expect Bobby to wait around for another chance at Prem football and we got a decent fee.

Don't agree with this description though...

"Decordova-Reid was a maverick talent and Warnock seemed to have an inherent distrust of unpredictable players"

If that's how Colin saw him, then why bother in the first place.

1 minute ago, Red Skin said:

Not sure I agree with description of Bobby being a maverick and that's why Warnock didn't play him.   Load of tosh.  No one works harder for the team and does so in any position he is asked to play.  

Bobby is a footballer, that's why he didn't play him.  I could never understand why Warnock signed him.  If ever there was a player that didn't suit Warnock's style of play, it's Bobby.  

They are basically describing Tomlin!

10 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Yep, load of nonsense.

Warnock has incorporated the likes of Taraabt in his time, too.

Not sure the article told us much apart from Cardiff were route one in The Prem under Warnock & he picked other players instead.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Are you basing that opinion on his Cardiff performances though @Red Skin?

3 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I could never understand why Warnock signed him.  If ever there was a player that didn't suit Warnock's style of play, it's Bobby.

Actually think he was a good fit in the right system, if you're looking for a forward to press and work hard out of possession to win the ball back he would have fit well but Warnock signed him to play him as a 10 seemingly and that wasn't where he excelled with us.

Was very pleased to see him score against Liverpool (and Everton a few weeks ago). I watched Burnley a few weeks ago and think Josh Brownhill is playing some good stuff for them too. Shows that it can take a while to adapt but both players are coming good, just need Joe Bryan to get some games now haven't been following too closely but haven't seen him playing much this season.

I think it is great to see ex City players in the Premiership. However, it does ultimately question the ambition of the Club, and how much drive there is to achieve that goal.

Last night was dire, but on reflection with the amount of injuries, perhaps not totally surprising. If only we had players such as Bownhill, Bobby and Tom Heaton.

1 hour ago, shepton red said:

I think it is great to see ex City players in the Premiership. However, it does ultimately question the ambition of the Club, and how much drive there is to achieve that goal.

Last night was dire, but on reflection with the amount of injuries, perhaps not totally surprising. If only we had players such as Bownhill, Bobby and Tom Heaton.

Well given the club were turning down offers of £16m etc for Webster I'd say there is a high ambition, only when it reached £20m did we accept. The club also isn't in a position to turn down 8 figure fees for players who have 12 months left on their contract.

5 hours ago, shepton red said:

Just watched the highlights of Fulham V Brighton   So Bobby v Adam Webster,   didn't see much of BCR, but Webster was very unlucky not to score with a great header, and is still  making those marauding runs out of defence  to support the attack.  I think I miss Webster the most from our ex players?   

Archived