IGNORED

Poll for Season Ticket Holders

elhombrecito

Do you want to attend?  

411 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no but only because I live in South Glos. Otherwise I’d be doing everything possible to get a ticket. Still seems wrong watching home games on the tv. I moan like mad about the quality of the football at the moment but I can never bring myself to stay away and I’ll be back as soon as we’re allowed. 

15 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

With it looking like it'll be a free-for-all for tickets on Monday, I was just intrigued as to what percentage of Season Ticket holders are actually interested in attending games at the moment. 

Please only respond if you have a season ticket.

I'll be there, if I can get a tkt, 

I don't normally renew until around July so I am not a current STH, but, given the chance, I would definitely go.  I am a Bristol resident so no issues with the Tier system, but I was assuming my chances as a non STH would be nil, but I am wondering , judging by some people's (quite understandable) apprehension,  and obviously the large number of STHs in South Glos (and no doubt other Tier 3 areas such as London) whether the take up will be that high initially.  Realistically not holding my breath though (will do that in the stadium!) 

These days I go on my own as a Billy No-Mates, don't drink at match time, and am totally happy to focus on the football. I wasn't always a boring old fart! I do enjoy the banter with those around me that I've got to know, so I am not a total loner, but would be happy to get back in the ground for a game, however it is organised within the guidelines.

Surprised to see so many don't want to go, I can't wait to get back and will deffenalty try for a ticket on boxing Day, 

Been watching Bridgwater town in the western league to get my live football fix, so know it's safe to watch football and would think that the gate would be even safer with more space and proper stewards, 

Only poor point is if I was lucky enough to get a ticket there are no trains running boxing Day do have to drive been years since I last did that but it will not put me off going ,

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Surprised to see so many don't want to go, I can't wait to get back and will deffenalty try for a ticket on boxing Day, 

Been watching Bridgwater town in the western league to get my live football fix, so know it's safe to watch football and would think that the gate would be even safer with more space and proper stewards, 

Only poor point is if I was lucky enough to get a ticket there are no trains running boxing Day do have to drive been years since I last did that but it will not put me off going ,

Given a vaccine so close I guess there are people who don’t want to take a chance with them extra non essential contacts - and also we’ve been shite lately ?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, KegCity said:

After seeing that STHs are being charged £25, I'd like to change my vote! As an under-22 STH my refund is around £7 a game, surely if we're attending a game we should just be charged whatever we would have been refunded, or simply not be given a refund for that match?

You are getting the refund for the seat that you purchased, you won't be purchasing the same seat for any of these games

Were there U22 match day tickets on sale previously?

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

After seeing that STHs are being charged £25, I'd like to change my vote! As an under-22 STH my refund is around £7 a game, surely if we're attending a game we should just be charged whatever we would have been refunded, or simply not be given a refund for that match?

It feels like they are pricing the games like a cup game.  I see why they are doing that, and it’s gonna create some groups who are gonna feel like they’ve been treated unfairly.

The cost of putting on a game with 20k is different to 2k, but there will be a load of fixed costs too.

I’m not saying it’s right, just why they might’ve hit those price-points as well as for simplicity.

If they’d gone pure demand v supply, they could’ve Charged a lot more.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It feels like they are pricing the games like a cup game.  I see why they are doing that, and it’s gonna create some groups who are gonna feel like they’ve been treated unfairly.

The cost of putting on a game with 20k is different to 2k, but there will be a load of fixed costs too.

I’m not saying it’s right, just why they might’ve hit those price-points as well as for simplicity.

And if you had to buy a match day ticket as a non ST holder , in Dolman you’re talking £35 ish

For under 12's South Stand SCH's there's a 750% Mark up on the price.  And those prices aren't being refunded because of the "free" shirts.....which are now not free, but for which anyone who has claimed theirs also won't receive store credit for.

This performance is even worse than our last two games!

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

You are getting the refund for the seat that you purchased, you won't be purchasing the same seat for any of these games

Were there U22 match day tickets on sale previously?

Yeah believe so although cant remember the cost. Get that argument tbf as I've seen it all go down on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep don't disagree, just seems a bit off to buy a season ticket, only get a game by game refund and then have to pay extra. After the initial surprise I do get where the club's coming from, just disagree with the principle after fans shelled out for a season ticket despite not knowing if we'd be able to get in.

So yeah, suppose there's nothing wrong with it in principle, just doesn't sit well with me.

25 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Yeah believe so although cant remember the cost. Get that argument tbf as I've seen it all go down on Twitter.

Yep don't disagree, just seems a bit off to buy a season ticket, only get a game by game refund and then have to pay extra. After the initial surprise I do get where the club's coming from, just disagree with the principle after fans shelled out for a season ticket despite not knowing if we'd be able to get in.

So yeah, suppose there's nothing wrong with it in principle, just doesn't sit well with me.

I guess you could look at it as paying a small upgrade to get the opportunity to go.  These tickets won’t go on sale to non-ST holders.

The club took an approach to refund December early...hit on cash flow.  Perhaps they could’ve played a waiting game and saw what happened, but I genuinely think they made the right choice to give fans their money back early.  I’m sure many would’ve moaned had they waited until yesterday’s announcement to then issue refunds for Boxing Day, that would be refunded on Xmas Eve (probably).

In some respects they could’ve announced their policy much earlier with a proviso that they will allocate ticket availability in multi-game batches until capacity limits are increased.  I see nothing in the comms (apart from the games covered) that needed holding back until tier status was known.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess you could look at it as paying a small upgrade to get the opportunity to go.  These tickets won’t go on sale to non-ST holders.

Another fair way of looking at it, not my opinion but that's a very reasonable way of looking at it.

The club took an approach to refund December early...hit on cash flow.  Perhaps they could’ve played a waiting game and saw what happened, but I genuinely think they made the right choice to give fans their money back early.  I’m sure many would’ve moaned had they waited until yesterday’s announcement to then issue refunds for Boxing Day, that would be refunded on Xmas Eve (probably).

Agree, certainly the right decision with Christmas around the corner. Suppose that does nullify my point in terms of the upcoming fixtures, although again in my view we should just be charged whatever the ST was worth. 

In some respects they could’ve announced their policy much earlier with a proviso that they will allocate ticket availability in multi-game batches until capacity limits are increased.  I see nothing in the comms (apart from the games covered) that needed holding back until tier status was known.

As soon as it was announced that fans would be allowed back in it would've made sense to outline exactly what the process would be, so that the club could test the water and have a chance to explain the thinking behind the process. The delayed announcement feels as if they'd only started to decide the policy after Bristol was placed into Tier 2. Handling it in the way they have has opened the door to criticism that probably could've been avoided, or at least toned down, rather than widespread uproar and confusion.

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Until I've had the vaccine I won't be doing anything that's optional. I may have a long wait though, I appreciate. 

Have you done your calculations Cotswold Red? 
Given your circumstances I’d hope you were quite high up the list. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you haven't yet looked, this calculator might give you a rough idea of when you could get vaccinated, which might influence your ticket application decisions.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Archived