Jump to content

Poll for Season Ticket Holders


elhombrecito
 Share

Do you want to attend?  

411 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you haven't yet looked, this calculator might give you a rough idea of when you could get vaccinated, which might influence your ticket application decisions.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

 

It's going to be at least March before anyone is going to be confident of going to a match because of the vaccine. It's unlikely that there will be any immunity until at least 2 weeks after the second vaccination. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season Card holder ticketing arrangements (communicatoremail.com)

 

Seems fair to me - or at least as fair as it could be under the circumstances. Most issues and queries appear to have been addressed apart from the finer details (when you have to get there, masking etc)

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think the club have been more than fair, given that they as well as us are working against a background of significant unknowns. Far better they took this cautious approach than have a student inspired free-for-all.

As for the £25 cost, again, seems perfectly reasonable. 

I think fact that this thread is pretty quiet, shows the club have done a decent job.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

Clubs has lost millions thanks to this pandemic. And they can only sell 2000 tickets.

Cant expect dirt cheap prices.

No Riaz, like you I don't expect dirt cheap tickets. I expect the club to honour the contract I entered into  with them in the spring. They have retained my money (and my wife) and only released it reluctantly.  I think it's a cheap move and shows absolutely no real relationship exists between me and the club other than as a customer they want to fleece at every opportunity. I love my football and this club ( not the robbing bastards currently in charge) but will not partake in their latest scam of loyal supporters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

No Riaz, like you I don't expect dirt cheap tickets. I expect the club to honour the contract I entered into  with them in the spring. They have retained my money (and my wife) and only released it reluctantly.  I think it's a cheap move and shows absolutely no real relationship exists between me and the club other than as a customer they want to fleece at every opportunity. I love my football and this club ( not the robbing bastards currently in charge) but will not partake in their latest scam of loyal supporters.

They took your wife too! 😱

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phantom said:

They will have your address from your purchase

Yes, but are they going to stop you purchasing in the first place based on your address?

Because if they don't and let you actually purchase a ticket how will they enforce it at the point you get to the ground? 

They could program the scanners to not allow all Tier 3 Postcodes , but now were getting into a fair bit of extra IT work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, balderino said:

Yes, but are they going to stop you purchasing in the first place based on your address?

Because if they don't and let you actually purchase a ticket how will they enforce it at the point you get to the ground? 

They could program the scanners to not allow all Tier 3 Postcodes , but now were getting into a fair bit of extra IT work?

Just updated my profile as I have been living in Keynsham since March but my home address is in London. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

No Riaz, like you I don't expect dirt cheap tickets. I expect the club to honour the contract I entered into  with them in the spring. They have retained my money (and my wife) and only released it reluctantly.  I think it's a cheap move and shows absolutely no real relationship exists between me and the club other than as a customer they want to fleece at every opportunity. I love my football and this club ( not the robbing bastards currently in charge) but will not partake in their latest scam of loyal supporters.

Hardly call it a reluctance to refund, we had no idea what the streaming options were going to be, the possibility of attending and add furloughed staff to the mix and and everything was going to be somewhat different this season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hardly call it a reluctance to refund, we had no idea what the streaming options were going to be, the possibility of attending and add furloughed staff to the mix and and everything was going to be somewhat different this season.

 

They are refunding one match at a time other than the December games, and that was dressed as an act of kindness. Other than that point I don't understand the rest of your post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hardly call it a reluctance to refund, we had no idea what the streaming options were going to be, the possibility of attending and add furloughed staff to the mix and and everything was going to be somewhat different this season.

 

Come off it buddy.  They took our money in March, and its geting earlier every year btw, and they are only trickle releasing some of it back to us.  If they were half way not money grabbing sobs they would have refunded the whole thing in September August when it became clear that they could not fulfil the contract that we entered into when we bought the tickets and then given us the right to buy our seats for any matches they could have us in for.  Instead, they've held on to it as long as they possibly can, and only very grudgingly given as llittle as they possibly could back.  And this is after we got just a pass for Robins TV for a third of the previous season.  If they'd given us an option, I probably would have respected that and let them hang on to it, but as it is they are taking the p***

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Come off it buddy.  They took our money in March, and its geting earlier every year btw, and they are only trickle releasing some of it back to us.  If they were half way not money grabbing sobs they would have refunded the whole thing in September August when it became clear that they could not fulfil the contract that we entered into when we bought the tickets and then given us the right to buy our seats for any matches they could have us in for.  Instead, they've held on to it as long as they possibly can, and only very grudgingly given as llittle as they possibly could back.  And this is after we got just a pass for Robins TV for a third of the previous season.  If they'd given us an option, I probably would have respected that and let them hang on to it, but as it is they are taking the p***

To be fair it isn’t getting earlier every year. Early bird is always around Feb/March time.

I’ve no issue with them refunding game by game - it’ll only go towards my next season ticket anyway. Most people don’t seem fussed by this either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

To be fair it isn’t getting earlier every year. Early bird is always around Feb/March time.

I’ve no issue with them refunding game by game - it’ll only go towards my next season ticket anyway. Most people don’t seem fussed by this either.

Spot on and I am doing eactly that to pay for next years ticket.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Spot on and I am doing eactly that to pay for next years ticket.

Good for you, very sensible.   Nice to be in that position of course.  Mine is going to pay for Robins TV twice every week, but I would have much preferred to have the lump sum back to do with what I wanted, as should be my right, rather than staying in the bank account of   those who can afford it more than a lot of us can.  
 

I don’t have precise dates, but it used to be April, then March and I think last year was feb.  
 

By most people’, do you mean your rich mates who are very sensibly putting it all aside for next year?  A lot of the fans I know want to be respected as fans rather than customers to be milked at every opportunity.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SouthS22 said:

Good for you, very sensible.   Nice to be in that position of course.  Mine is going to pay for Robins TV twice every week, but I would have much preferred to have the lump sum back to do with what I wanted, as should be my right, rather than staying in the bank account of   those who can afford it more than a lot of us can.  
 

I don’t have precise dates, but it used to be April, then March and I think last year was feb.  
 

By most people’, do you mean your rich mates who are very sensibly putting it all aside for next year?  A lot of the fans I know want to be respected as fans rather than customers to be milked at every opportunity.  

It’s been February or March for years now.
 

Most people seems to be the general consensus on here. If you look at the thread when they announced the game by game by refund, pretty much every single poster agreed it was good by the club. Sadly I don’t have any rich mates! The club regularly milk fans (which club at the higher levels don’t?!) but actually this is very fair to pay back the games as the season goes on I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got online and got a ticket for Pompey. Seemed to work well and there were about 1,000 in the queue at that time. Can't see too many people wanting to go, what with the virus restrictions and the poor form, but hoping that the game will go ahead. Have to say I'm expecting there to be another lockdown/Tier 4 by then, but just maybe we'll have a chance.  :fingerscrossed:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Got online and got a ticket for Pompey. Seemed to work well and there were about 1,000 in the queue at that time. Can't see too many people wanting to go, what with the virus restrictions and the poor form, but hoping that the game will go ahead. Have to say I'm expecting there to be another lockdown/Tier 4 by then, but just maybe we'll have a chance.  :fingerscrossed:

I got a ticket for Preston :blink:. Right in the centre of the Dolman. There was only about 300 in front of me when I logged in at 10am. As restrictions change on a daily basis, who knows if we'll be allowed or not.

I was considering Huddersfield but it would be difficult to get there early on a Sunday morning on public transport. There may be tickets available nearer the time…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I got a ticket for Preston :blink:. Right in the centre of the Dolman. There was only about 300 in front of me when I logged in at 10am. As restrictions change on a daily basis, who knows if we'll be allowed or not.

I was considering Huddersfield but it would be difficult to get there early on a Sunday morning on public transport. There may be tickets available nearer the time…

We went for the Preston game too. Bit of grief with the queue system (got to the front, tried to access, then bounced me out, queued a 2nd time and got in). I expect us to be back into lockdown before then, so no doubt this will be another refund incoming in the New Year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...