IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

53 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Not literally but put the academy players out Friday, give these players a rest. They’re struggling with the schedule and it’s only going to get worse. With over a week and a half off they might be ready to go again 

After the last 2 games there is genuinely an argument for playing 3-4 of the kids? At least the energy levels would go up?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Are you saying EVERY footballer is tired or just those at Bristol City? 

But TBF, every, or most other teams can rotate a few, we are struggling with a covid -style injury crisis. To quote from Zulu............"why us, sarge?"    " Because we're here lad, there ain't no one else !"

I'm not trying to defend the indefencible performance tonight, I'm just saying.........

3 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Not literally but put the academy players out Friday, give these players a rest. They’re struggling with the schedule and it’s only going to get worse. With over a week and a half off they might be ready to go again 

Awww poor mutlimullionaires tired, bless them. What about the other 23 clubs they all seem to be carryibg on and winning games. They train 5days a week. It is not a struggle, just get on with it, your teama tired of all the fixtures then so will the opposition be tires. Its like moaning about a bad pitch, well what about the other team who put 5 past you they did ok on it

Wells will be fit won't he?

It's getting easier to count who we now have fit and available outfield in terms of senior players than who we don't!

Defence:

1. Hunt
  2. Vyner
  3. Moore
  4. Kalas?
  5. Mariappa
  6. Rowe

Midfield:

1. O'Dowda
  2. Nagy
  3. Bakinson
  4. Massengo

Up front:

1. Martin
  2. Wells?
  3. Semenyo

Out:

Defence:

1. Sessegnon
  2. Mawson
  3. Baker
  4. DaSilva

Midfield:

1. Walsh
  2. Williams
  3. Brunt
  4. Paterson

Attack:

1. Weimann
  2. Diedhiou

Don't Know:

Defence:

1. Kalas

Attack:

1. Wells

To what extent we can call Bakinson, Massengo or Semenyo- or further back Moore and Vyner senior pros, is in itself debatable. 

11 definitely available, 9 definitely injured, 1 suspended- 2 we're not sure on!

What’s the record for most academy players in an XI in recent times? :fear:

O’Leary 

Vyner.     Moore.     Towler

edwards                                            Harper

Bakinson

Nagy.                  Z.Smith

Bell.         Semenyo 

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

I hear what you are saying but it's the same for everyone else.

3 games a week. 4.5 hrs top and some training. Try 60 hours on a COVID ward.

I'd run through brick walls for 4.5 hrs a week for 15/20 grand a week.

Says the guy who would be blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes on a professional football pitch........

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

But TBF, every, or most other teams can rotate a few, we are struggling with a covid -style injury crisis. To quote from Zulu............"why us, sarge?"    " Because we're here lad, there ain't no one else !"

I'm not trying to defend the indefencible performance tonight, I'm just saying.........

What a film. COYR 

9 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Send them to the Cannaries for a week or 2 poor luvs they must be shattered, add in a week or 2 in isolation and play all the kids at least they will have some life in them. Of course Holden and Ashton have to go as well as they arent needed either.

The bottom line is the engine driver he brought them here, nothings going to change anytime soon; even if they all went, SL will just continue with the no risk policy and replace Holden, Ashton etc with their clones.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To put a lot of academy players out, dunno about that!

A distinct lack of first team football between them. We'd be highly likely to lose heavily but that could happen regardless.

My concern would be, how would this impact upon their development? Not very well I fear!

That point was made against Liverpool last year when they stuck the kids up against villa in the league Cup because the first team had the world club Cup in Asia the following day. 

Could be a sink or swim moment.

Play well and you may stake a claim that you can fit in at this level and get more game time with the first team

Play badly and you need to buck up your ideas and work harder if you think you'll have a career (not just here but in football in general) 

Honestly, the players in that Liverpool team will benefit long term from that game. They saw first hand what playing against professionals looked like, rather than playing against fellow age groups. May not have felt it at the time, but ask them in 5 years, I imagine they'll all say they'd benefit from it. 

6 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Awww poor mutlimullionaires tired, bless them. What about the other 23 clubs they all seem to be carryibg on and winning games. They train 5days a week. It is not a struggle, just get on with it, your teama tired of all the fixtures then so will the opposition be tires. Its like moaning about a bad pitch, well what about the other team who put 5 past you they did ok on it

What has money got to do with it?  Such an old fashioned and incorrect attitude if you don’t mind me saying.  Although results aren’t great, these are professional sportsmen, and sports science tells you that playing 3 games a week, on top of training etc means fatigue and potentially more injuries.  Saying ‘just get on with it’ shows a complete lack of understanding, and no amount of payment will change the fact

7 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

You have to factor in the injuries, I've never known so many in 38 years following City. We literally have a whole team out injured. That said I'm ever the optimist, pick the strongest team we can and - PNE 1 BCFC 2

this again........we should literally have a replacement team, thats why we have a squad of players. Do we not give players a medical before we sign them?

What are we doing wrong in training/ the warm up that causes so many "injuries" that other clubs are doing right or are we just signing a load of cast off old crocks?

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What has money got to do with it?  Such an old fashioned and incorrect attitude if you don’t mind me saying.  Although results aren’t great, these are professional sportsmen, and sports science tells you that playing 3 games a week, on top of training etc means fatigue and potentially more injuries.  Saying ‘just get on with it’ shows a complete lack of understanding, and no amount of payment will change the fact

Yes this is absolutely spot on. They’re tired in that their performance has dropped by a couple of per cent which is going to be huge when you are playing against people who are basically as good as you. I think it’s way too easy to chuck around suggestions that they’re lazy/don’t care etc. 

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

so we must be doing something wrong then as many other clubs dont have many injuries yet play the same amount of games, and as said elsewhere thats why clubs have squads of players not just a first team

12 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

so we must be doing something wrong then as many other clubs dont have many injuries yet play the same amount of games, and as said elsewhere thats why clubs have squads of players not just a first team

Yeh quite possibly, I don’t disagree that our injuries for a few seasons seem to be high, but I don’t know about other clubs, all I know is that no amount of payment will stop players getting injured, it doesn’t work like that 

• The title was changed to Preston on Friday night

Bentley

Mawson Kalas  Baker

Sessegnon Williams Walsh Dasilva

Paterson

Diedhou  Weimann

Some team that. Except only Bentley and possibly Kalas will be available.  Look at the quality of players we are missing this season. With that in mind, it's a miracle that we are 8th. Yes, the last two performances have been unacceptably poor, but they need to be seen in context. Two consecutive wins won't make us promotion contenders, just as two consecutive defeats doesn't mean we're doomed. Happy Christmas.

Archived