IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

On 16/12/2020 at 22:44, Dave L said:

Bentley

Mawson Kalas  Baker

Sessegnon Williams Walsh Dasilva

Paterson

Diedhou  Weimann

Some team that. Except only Bentley and possibly Kalas will be available.  Look at the quality of players we are missing this season. With that in mind, it's a miracle that we are 8th. Yes, the last two performances have been unacceptably poor, but they need to be seen in context. Two consecutive wins won't make us promotion contenders, just as two consecutive defeats doesn't mean we're doomed. Happy Christmas.

It’s almost de ja vou . Remember the same period last season when it all came tumbling down . Lets hope it doesn’t this season 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m the opposite on this one - based entirely on our recent dismal record against PNE.

Im prepared to avoid otib this time tomorrow evening.........I’m expecting a loss....

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do what I do and just close down OTIB at 19:44.  I post a little h-t summary and close down again.

I do sometimes read every page back afterwards, especially the ones just after the team is announced.  Then we hear from Holden, Downing and Simpson and a bit of tranquility descends as people understand why player x has been left out, etc.

At 19.45 it’s a game of who can pin the tail on the scapegoat.

I tend to rant on Twitter, I wait until a few hours after to trawl through OTIB, when the dust has settled a little.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Haha there’s an idea.

Flyers are playing Leicester on Sky (mix) tomorrow at 7:30.

I could watch the basketball, record the football, then just read the MDT afterwards.

Be great if you could get the comments to scroll in time with the action, that might make the entertainment level rise a little.

As with Millwall...will probably give OTIB a miss again tonight.

Hope i'm wrong, but 2-0 Preston tonight for me.

Bare-bones, mentally and physically fatigued, confidence drained, goals dried up.

Just don't see away to Preston being the game we turn the tide.

Jeez that's a depressing post, sorry!

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Bare-bones, mentally and physically fatigued, confidence drained, goals dried up.

Nah mate. 2-0 city. It’s live on be in sports in OZ 

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

When you put it like that, watch us go out and hammer Preston now and OTIB won't know what to complain about.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

I tend to agree with you about tonight’s outcome, but I think I feel less depressed about it.  We’re bound to go into tonight’s game missing almost half our first-team squad, and given that Preston is always a difficult game, if we get anything out of it it will be a miracle.  All we can hope for is a performance of determination and character, and if we get that I’ll take it, whatever the outcome.  No one can work miracles, so no blame for anyone if we lose tonight unless we are gutless, and I can’t see that happening.  Keep the faith.

18 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Gone up the last few times, could have nicked the 1-1, should have won the 3-3 so has to be this year surely ?

@Curr Avon you could have tried the get the years in order, confused the hell out of me Mark ?

Sorry, I was having trouble with Cut and Paste.

The rain belted down during the last 2 visits and tonight looks no different.

No wonder Tom Finney is depicted this way!

The Splash

I exaggerate, here's the true story.

In 2004, Sir Tom Finney unveiled the water feature sculpture, The Splash, which was inspired by the 1956 Sports Photograph of the Year which shows Finney beating two Chelsea defenders at a waterlogged Stamford Bridge.  The sculpture still stands pride of place outside Preston North End’s ground, Deepdale.

TOM FINNEY - PRESTON FOOTBALLER - THE SPLASH  - EXTRA LARGE UNSIGNED PHOTOGRAPH

On 15/12/2020 at 22:33, Sniper said:

I hear what you are saying but it's the same for everyone else.

3 games a week. 4.5 hrs top and some training. Try 60 hours on a COVID ward.

I'd run through brick walls for 4.5 hrs a week for 15/20 grand a week.

These primadonnas need to do a proper weeks work FFS!

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I tend to agree with you about tonight’s outcome, but I think I feel less depressed about it.  We’re bound to go into tonight’s game missing almost half our first-team squad, and given that Preston is always a difficult game, if we get anything out of it it will be a miracle.  All we can hope for is a performance of determination and character, and if we get that I’ll take it, whatever the outcome.  No one can work miracles, so no blame for anyone if we lose tonight unless we are gutless, and I can’t see that happening.  Keep the faith.

The Preston forum are as gloomy as all of us.

I'll be watching the match on DAZN Italy  :online2long: but I don't expect a good result: matches against Preston are always hard for us, and in our current status our chances to gain at least a point are even lower. :rain:

Unfortuntaley I just can't see our team's survivors having enough energy to compete for 90 minutes and enough creativity to threaten Preston's defence. Anwyay...forza ragazzi!

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do what I do and just close down OTIB at 19:44.  I post a little h-t summary and close down again.

I do sometimes read every page back afterwards, especially the ones just after the team is announced.  Then we hear from Holden, Downing and Simpson and a bit of tranquility descends as people understand why player x has been left out, etc.

At 19.45 it’s a game of who can pin the tail on the scapegoat.

That’s always been my approach, however, the  last two games have been so painful to watch I’ve found myself posting during the game. So let’s hope that tonight we are totally transformed and play gripping football for 90 minutes.

Just realised, my medication is overdue. 

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

We have lost four in our last ten visits to Deepdale. And won one. So history suggests a draw, while current circumstances suggest a defeat. But we have less happy away days and grounds.

Having to fork out a tenner for a NowTV pass tonight.  Not sure it's going to be worth it.  We haven't played well all season but have won games we shouldn't have. The last two games have been as dire as I've seen from a City team in years.  We are a yard off the pace week after week and look like we should really be playing in the WSL. Why is it that we are such a pushover physically.

I know we have been hit by injuries, but other teams have had injury problems too.  I just want to see us actually look like we are interested and motivated for a fight.

3 hours ago, cityironman said:

Unfortunately with our present form, which is absolute dog shite, i can't see anything other than a PNE win. 3-0. Obviously hope i'm wrong but it's very difficult to be optimistic at the moment ?

Same here, I can't see anything but a pasting tonight. Obviously I hope I'm wrong and their fans are as cheesed off as we are but, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I would be heavily loading up a home win.

3-0 here as well.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a shame tier 2 doesn’t start until Saturday otherwise I’d have bought a bowl of chips and sank a few pints  in my local pub - then I wouldn’t have been able to log in to otib.......

I’ll watch the game on Sky but change channel when we go 2-0 down......

May i please take this opportunity to send my condolences to the unlucky 2K who through no fault of their own will unfortunately be subjected to 90 minutes of unmitigated tedium on Saturday 26th December.  Our thoughts and sympathies will be with you, and I sincerely hope that no long term mental issues will be sustained by your good selves during your brave and selfless vigil.  ????

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We have lost four in our last ten visits to Deepdale. And won one. So history suggests a draw, while current circumstances suggest a defeat. But we have less happy away days and grounds.

Correct, our record up there isn’t great but it is our home one against them that is really bad, until Famara’s equaliser last season 5 straight losses, I think.

I can see possibility for a draw tonight.

Very little chance of the win with form, injuries- and our lack of wins there. 10 seasons ago was the only one in some time, my one and only trip to Preston.

OTOH, they can be quite a reactive side and even at home- if we can sit in with medium pressing, then counter, as they have a bit of an emphasis to attack being the home side could that give us some success?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Same here, I can't see anything but a pasting tonight. Obviously I hope I'm wrong and their fans are as cheesed off as we are but, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I would be heavily loading up a home win.

3-0 here as well.

If you were a betting man you can get Preston at 18/1 to win 3-0.

Archived