IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

Hope to be proven wrong here but Martin seems like he's running on empty- not sure I'd have started him.

Wells, might 2 vs 1 in wide areas be a concern? He's not one of those natural players when it comes to pulling left and inside again.

At least Kalas and Wells were fit in the end!

Looks not that far off a reasonably first choice starting X1 for Preston- more than can be said for us!

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Better off the bench, a la Huddersfield. Probably our only chance of getting a result

Maybe- did he come off the bench at Huddersfield? Seem to recall he was sharp there.

I'd have started him and Wells, with in-game switching between 3-5-2- when O'Dowda dropped into a 3- and 3-4-2-1- when he pulled wider personally.

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got no chance of a result tonight with such a skeleton squad. No blame on Holden for this game in my opinion

I dunno that first 11 is hardly a bunch of kids. Probably a thousand professional appearances at least between them. 

If holden can't get that 11 competing he has no business as a football manager. 

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Personally I'd have started Semenyo but other than that it's basically either this team or some of the ballboys and car park staff get a cap.

Tis true. At least we have something from the bench with him there.

Wonder if Massengo will play further forward tonight?

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hope to be proven wrong here but Martin seems like he's running on empty- not sure I'd have started him.

Wells, might 2 vs 1 in wide areas be a concern? He's not one of those natural players when it comes to pulling left and inside again.

At least Kalas and Wells were fit in the end!

Looks not that far off a reasonably first choice starting X1 for Preston- more than can be said for us!

Martin's not running on empty he's sort of trotting on empty

Archived