IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

Just now, Red Alert said:

I know we have a lot of injuries, but at this level you surely need a squad that are knocking on the door ready to start or compete for a starting place.

Think shambles is an extreme description we’re doing out best but something needs to be said about how this squad has been assembled.

How big a squad are you expecting?

We’ve assembled what is a decent squad, not all of them are going to be first team quality as we don’t have the finances for that. No team builds a squad expecting to have 11 players missing

14 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

11 players out mate. Not sure what everyone expects? 

We've got roughly £24m worth of players on that pitch.

We could have the entire acaademy squad injured, I'd expect better than not a single bloody shot or semblance of a style of play in 45 minutes, let alone the last 370+ minutes.

Just now, JBFC II said:

How big a squad are you expecting?

We’ve assembled what is a decent squad, not all of them are going to be first team quality as we don’t have the finances for that. No team builds a squad expecting to have 11 players missing

Quality over quantity, if we had a decent squad they’d surely be able to step up and fill in. 

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

We've got roughly £24m worth of players on that pitch.

We could have the entire acaademy squad injured, I'd expect better than not a single bloody shot or semblance of a style of play in 45 minutes, let alone the last 370+ minutes.

And 5 internationals. 6 if you count Massengo as playing for his age group. It’s absolutely shocking how underprepared they are. 

Archived