IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st Half Summary:

• if you play that deep, you will get bummed at this level
  • if 3 players can't mark 1 striker, what's the point
  • if their striker is generally poor back to goal, how does he put our CBs off so much.
  • Poor delivery from Hunt from some very good advanced positions.
  • no leadership
  • because we are so deep, we cannot press the ball

Generally if the opposition hit a long ball and it takes the camera so long to pan to our back 3 we are too deep.

Daniel Johnson. lucky to be on the pitch....should have two yellows.

Geoff Eltringham is a shit ref.  Always has been.  

This is the best piece of in game analysis I’ve ever seen on OTIB.

2 minutes ago, La Plage said:

And Preston have one of the worst defensive records in the league and we cant even get 1 shot at goal, not even on target, disgraceful 

Even when they must have seen their Keeper have a leg injury early in the game they chose not to test him. 

6 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

If this carries on and it shows no sign of improving we are nailed on for the drop we are a total mess

Still think the start we had and the fact that I think Weds and Wycombe are nailed on will save us from that which is very lucky as this team really does have that ‘feel’ about it at the moment.  

First half in a nutshell.

We were so poor we made PNE look dangerous and we are fortunate it’s not 2-0.

We look totally devoid of confidence/ideas, all over the pitch, especially going forward, resulting in no shots and one corner.  Which is very concerning and consistent with recent games. It was mentioned in commentary that only Sheffield Weds have a worse attempts on target per game tally than us! 

Hopefully I’m wrong, but sadly can not see us doing anything in the second 45. We are so lacking as a team and low on confidence, energy, creativity and spark that it can best be described as turgid or vanilla. 

Any neutral watching this needs a medal. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The bloke who owns this club will not take us to the Premiership. Get used to it.

I am a Romanian fan, I build Fifa ultimate team named Bristol City, I plyed hundreds of hours of football manager I know all of our history, I even tried to come to a game but i couldn't find tickets and I postponed it, every year I feel we are almost there, and we are crap in the end. I prefer to be 15th all season than this bumps between 2nd and 12th... 

I love this team and I am getting hurt for 14 years already...I remember when we got relegated and I go over it, I ll still go but I want some good management, I had this at Steaua Bucharest all of my life also... 

You can vote me negative guys and give me the cucumber but I am a fan like you are I just lost my Patience, that happens when you care about something.

9 minutes ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

That was my thinking, but whilst Mawson and Baker are out it seems to be the only place he can get in the 3-5-2. All his good performances at the beginning of the season were in the centre weren't they with Mawson in the left. With 4 right footed CB available for selection you'd think that we would either go 4 at the back or play one of b the more experienced CB in their weaker position, not someone fairly new to the championship.

I think it’s fair to say about Moore’s performances is ‘has got a mistake in him’. Unfortunately lately that mistake reoccurs every 25 mins 

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

People need to run the channels to give other options. Nobody does that so our attacked are predictable. We sling one in and Preston mop up easily.

Agreed, our entire game plan is to get Hunt to cross the ball. No through balls, not getting defenders turning, just standard misshit crosses from the right. Nothing down our left side. Utter utter shite.

Think we have to go at it now, I know we’re losing anyway but we’re offering nothing with Martin there. The ball is coming straight back and the Preston defenders are having an easy night.

Bring either Semenyo or Bell on and stretch that defence. Martin is offering nothing with or without the ball, defenders can walk past him with ease.

1 minute ago, Redsi2 said:

What I would give to watch some Danny Wilson football now. We may have failed to get promoted but God we played some good football compared to this.

In the third division.

In fairness we were as bad as them until the ref gave them a helping hand. 

Also Johnson bought down one of our players on a counter attack and didn’t get a yellow !

Archived