IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Much better second half with Rudd producing two great saves to deny O'Dowda. Semenyo and Bakinson were bright when they came on but we still failed to get Martin or Wells into the game. 

They also have to get themselves into the game. Martin is static when we have possession and coming out, we really need to have runners opening up the defence and running the channels. Bakinson has played two very good balls because we had someone running into an area that he could play it. Seems Martin and Wells don't have nearly enough movement for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Preston created absolutely zero. Still enough to beat us 

Preston did to us what we have done to every team we have beat this season bored them to death they are a poor outfit but still beat us with little worry Semenyo is the new junior bent you thinks he's going to do it but ends up finishing like bas savage 

15 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

I'm really worried we could go down it's not that we are losing its the total lack of threat and goals 

Semenyo is a worry for me as everytime he took a shot it was like he was trying to hit a tram in Blackpool.

Second half was better for sure but generally it was pretty depressing stuff. O'Doodah had a couple of good chances but in all honesty we can't pin our hopes on him because he is too inconsistent. Martin ? Was he playing ? Wells is another who offered sweet FA all game. Kalas another absentee for me. Bentley kept us in the game.

I'm usually first to knock COD. But he had a good game tonight. Now play like that more often! 

Its frustrating that Fam got sent of for two yellows (and didn't get away with a talking to) but every other team gets away with it. 

We didn't turn up untill the subs, I think we're just not though enough, can't keep the ball as we're getting muscled off too easy. I appreciate we are a club the has a pathway but too meny at once perhaps. 

I hope the guy who interviews DH after the match ask him. Why we are always rubbish first half, but better second. Why when losing 1-0 did he not use three of his young players on the bench to give teh team some energy. Lastly why he took of Hans our best player in the first half. Go on ask him.

I’m finding it hard to find the massive improvement most people saw in the second half. This was a very poor and unacceptable performance by our players, injury hit or not. If this is what we are accepting we have let our standards and expectations drop too far.

1 minute ago, City1970 said:

We agree to disagree. Hunt's accuracy is poor and O'Dowda creates nothing and has scored 1 in 50.

Of O’Dowda continued to play like he did in the second half he will score more goals.

He was more direct - got a very good shot on target that on another day would have beaten many keepers, and his header was unlucky that it ended up straight at the keeper.

At times he looked a real threat!

Given our appalling home record I was shocked at how you didn't really come at us at all in the first half, 0 shots. Even Wycombe came to Deepdale with us low on confidence and showed real intent.

Second half your changes really made a difference and it was a similar number of chances really, ours on the break.

Could tell we were low on confidence after 2 bad results but a win is a win.

Thought you were there for the taking in the first half but we were to reticent to take advantage of your errors.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I’m finding it hard to find the massive improvement most people saw in the second half. This was a very poor and unacceptable performance by our players, injury hit or not. If this is what we are accepting we have let our standards and expectations drop too far.

It was better second half but it wasn’t difficult - that first half was diabolical. 

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Given our appalling home record I was shocked at how you didn't really come at us at all in the first half, 0 shots. Even Wycombe came to Deepdale with us low on confidence and showed real intent.

Second half your changes really made a difference and it was a similar number of chances really, ours on the break.

Thought you were there for the taking in the first half but we were to reticent to take advantage of your errors.

Happy Xmas, our present to you is your annual 3 points at home.

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Of O’Dowda continued to play like he did in the second half he will score more goals.

I think he was pushed a little further forward 2nd half. I'd be tempted to stick with 4-3-3 and him on the left of it.

Keep Semenyo as an impact sub, there is something there , but needs to pick his time to shoot better.

19 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

With the players we’ve got available the second half has been ok.

We could have easily scored one or two and if the Pen hadn’t been conceded we could have been chasing 3 points

But one half doesn't constitute a full game.

We were rubbish first half and toothless second half, albeit a bit better.

Crossing and finishing crap throughout.

PNE are poor - so where does that leave us ?

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Martin completely anonymous.  Wells annoys the hell out of me with his body language (generally languid).

Bakinson showing himself not to be as good as people thought.

Moore a liability.

Hunt, Kalas, O'dowda all good.  The rest didn't look interested.

Holden out.

This pretty much sums it up. Not at all impressed with Bakinson, Martin does **** all except take the place in the side of somebody who just might possibly score, in a couple of weeks it will be time for Taylor Moore to find a lower league club in my opinion and Wells clearly doesn't want to be here and I don't ****ing blame him.

One of the many things that boils my piss is that whenever Bentley goes to release the ball on the edge of the area, there is always three or four players between him and our goal just ambling about making no attempt to get in front of him. I can't decide if this is apathy, laziness, poor coaching or just a by product of negative tactics from yet another bloke that promised us attacking football. 

I'm really starting to wonder if I can be bothered any more. I certainly can't be bothered with another lengthy spell in League One.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

It was better but I never felt like we’d score. So I would tend to agree with you. My only positive today was it was better than Tuesday, but that’s like saying “hey I only broke my finger this time and not my arm when I fell over drunk as hell from commiserating this awful result”

5 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Hope Sinclair is O.K? That was a f*cking shocking tackle. ?

Archived