Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

2nd half some half chances but nothing really clear cut, COD unlucky with this header tipped over, Semenyo should score close in from Hunt cross.  Otherwise perfect game for Preston to do whatever it is that they do, cos it ain't football. An average game between 2 average teams.

• Like 3

Very disappointing but a better performance second half.

Bakinson getting back to form by and speeding up the play .

We have too many players misfiring at the moment. 

Martin, O’Dowda, Semenyo, Rowe all not effective tonight.

Still slightly better and only lost by one to cheating Knobenders and a dosy ref.

Come on let’s end this freaking slump.

We’re better than this .

:bruce_h4h:

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not sure a new coach could change it

I'd disagree. No way these players would get away with performances like the past few games with someone like Warnock at the helm. Things are way too cushy at Ashton Gate, have been for years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Much better second half with Rudd producing two great saves to deny O'Dowda. Semenyo and Bakinson were bright when they came on but we still failed to get Martin or Wells into the game. 

They also have to get themselves into the game. Martin is static when we have possession and coming out, we really need to have runners opening up the defence and running the channels. Bakinson has played two very good balls because we had someone running into an area that he could play it. Seems Martin and Wells don't have nearly enough movement for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Preston created absolutely zero. Still enough to beat us 

Preston did to us what we have done to every team we have beat this season bored them to death they are a poor outfit but still beat us with little worry Semenyo is the new junior bent you thinks he's going to do it but ends up finishing like bas savage 

15 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

I'm really worried we could go down it's not that we are losing its the total lack of threat and goals 

Semenyo is a worry for me as everytime he took a shot it was like he was trying to hit a tram in Blackpool.

Second half was better for sure but generally it was pretty depressing stuff. O'Doodah had a couple of good chances but in all honesty we can't pin our hopes on him because he is too inconsistent. Martin ? Was he playing ? Wells is another who offered sweet FA all game. Kalas another absentee for me. Bentley kept us in the game.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I'm usually first to knock COD. But he had a good game tonight. Now play like that more often! 

Its frustrating that Fam got sent of for two yellows (and didn't get away with a talking to) but every other team gets away with it. 

We didn't turn up untill the subs, I think we're just not though enough, can't keep the ball as we're getting muscled off too easy. I appreciate we are a club the has a pathway but too meny at once perhaps. 

I hope the guy who interviews DH after the match ask him. Why we are always rubbish first half, but better second. Why when losing 1-0 did he not use three of his young players on the bench to give teh team some energy. Lastly why he took of Hans our best player in the first half. Go on ask him.

I’m finding it hard to find the massive improvement most people saw in the second half. This was a very poor and unacceptable performance by our players, injury hit or not. If this is what we are accepting we have let our standards and expectations drop too far.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, City1970 said:

We agree to disagree. Hunt's accuracy is poor and O'Dowda creates nothing and has scored 1 in 50.

Of O’Dowda continued to play like he did in the second half he will score more goals.

He was more direct - got a very good shot on target that on another day would have beaten many keepers, and his header was unlucky that it ended up straight at the keeper.

At times he looked a real threat!

• Like 2

Given our appalling home record I was shocked at how you didn't really come at us at all in the first half, 0 shots. Even Wycombe came to Deepdale with us low on confidence and showed real intent.

Second half your changes really made a difference and it was a similar number of chances really, ours on the break.

Could tell we were low on confidence after 2 bad results but a win is a win.

Thought you were there for the taking in the first half but we were to reticent to take advantage of your errors.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, RedM said:

I’m finding it hard to find the massive improvement most people saw in the second half. This was a very poor and unacceptable performance by our players, injury hit or not. If this is what we are accepting we have let our standards and expectations drop too far.

It was better second half but it wasn’t difficult - that first half was diabolical.