Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Given our appalling home record I was shocked at how you didn't really come at us at all in the first half, 0 shots. Even Wycombe came to Deepdale with us low on confidence and showed real intent.

Second half your changes really made a difference and it was a similar number of chances really, ours on the break.

Could tell we were low on confidence after 2 bad results but a win is a win.

Thought you were there for the taking in the first half but we were to reticent to take advantage of your errors.

Happy Xmas, our present to you is your annual 3 points at home.

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Of O’Dowda continued to play like he did in the second half he will score more goals.

I think he was pushed a little further forward 2nd half. I'd be tempted to stick with 4-3-3 and him on the left of it.

Keep Semenyo as an impact sub, there is something there , but needs to pick his time to shoot better.

19 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

With the players we’ve got available the second half has been ok.

We could have easily scored one or two and if the Pen hadn’t been conceded we could have been chasing 3 points

But one half doesn't constitute a full game.

We were rubbish first half and toothless second half, albeit a bit better.

Crossing and finishing crap throughout.

PNE are poor - so where does that leave us ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Martin completely anonymous.  Wells annoys the hell out of me with his body language (generally languid).

Bakinson showing himself not to be as good as people thought.

Moore a liability.

Hunt, Kalas, O'dowda all good.  The rest didn't look interested.

Holden out.

This pretty much sums it up. Not at all impressed with Bakinson, Martin does **** all except take the place in the side of somebody who just might possibly score, in a couple of weeks it will be time for Taylor Moore to find a lower league club in my opinion and Wells clearly doesn't want to be here and I don't ****ing blame him.

One of the many things that boils my piss is that whenever Bentley goes to release the ball on the edge of the area, there is always three or four players between him and our goal just ambling about making no attempt to get in front of him. I can't decide if this is apathy, laziness, poor coaching or just a by product of negative tactics from yet another bloke that promised us attacking football. 

I'm really starting to wonder if I can be bothered any more. I certainly can't be bothered with another lengthy spell in League One.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m finding it hard to find the massive improvement most people saw in the second half. This was a very poor and unacceptable performance by our players, injury hit or not. If this is what we are accepting we have let our standards and expectations drop too far.

It was better but I never felt like we’d score. So I would tend to agree with you. My only positive today was it was better than Tuesday, but that’s like saying “hey I only broke my finger this time and not my arm when I fell over drunk as hell from commiserating this awful result”

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Given our appalling home record I was shocked at how you didn't really come at us at all in the first half, 0 shots. Even Wycombe came to Deepdale with us low on confidence and showed real intent.

Second half your changes really made a difference and it was a similar number of chances really, ours on the break.

Thought you were there for the taking in the first half but we were to reticent to take advantage of your errors.

Hope Sinclair is O.K? That was a f*cking shocking tackle. 🙄

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, lenred said:

It was better second half but it wasn’t difficult - that first half was diabolical. 

I would agree O’Dowda tried to drive us forward, but he should be taking a lead in this, he is one of the senior players now and a fully experienced International. Semenyo too but he was too greedy. No doubt he is under pressure to add goals to his game but needs to work for the team too.

I don’t know what is going on with Martin, since injury he has been poor and as I said regressed. Wells looks like he can’t be arsed. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RobArnold10 said:

It was better but I never felt like we’d score. So I would tend to agree with you. My only positive today was it was better than Tuesday, but that’s like saying “hey I only broke my finger this time and not my arm when I fell over drunk as hell from commiserating this awful result”

Thing is will that better but still poor 2nd half buy Holden on by the skin of his teath more time

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would agree O’Dowda tried to drive us forward, but he should be taking a lead in this, he is one of the senior players now and a fully experienced International. Semenyo too but he was too greedy. No doubt he is under pressure to add goals to his game but needs to work for the team too.

I don’t know what is going on with Martin, since injury he has been poor and as I said regressed. Wells looks like he can’t be arsed. 

If COD is supposed to be one of our senior players we really are in a lot of trouble!  (But I take the point - he just doesn’t strike me as a leader in any way shape or form) 

Edited by lenred
39 minutes ago, redrob said:

Not sure you can say based on the 2nd half the players are not playing for him. They just look bereft of ideas and missing quality in key areas. Hunt's crossing has largely been not better than long ball humps from deep (I say that as Hunt fires a good ball into the near post). Rowe is not good enough attacking wise to play LWB and leaves us unbalanced. Nobody in MF with any threat (though O'Dowda has looked more promosing picking the ball up and looking to run at players). 

With the 8 missing players we walk this game I think.

And Preston would probably have walked it if they hadn't been missing key players.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

If COD is supposed to be one of our senior players we really are in a lot of trouble!  

Exactly! But as I said he’s an International, and at 25 years old with what 5 or so years Championship experience? That’s pretty senior to me. He’s not ‘young Callum’ anymore.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I think the ref ruined any chance we had of edging it. We would of needed it, that's actually the best we've played for a few!

• Haha 1

Well. That’s the end of the run of playing the tough sides which I was using as a gauge to judge the new regime on.

As per LJ sides, we’ve been found weak and lacking, mentally and physically.

No change. No ‘breath of fresh air’. Normal service continues.

Winners, leaders, physicality and mental strength. ... required for the umpteenth season in a row. 

Warnock in please and sort this soft Club full of decent humans out. 

Steve said he want to stop Bristol being seen as a laughing stock/sideshow.

Time to step up and appoint someone who is ruthless and nasty, however, uncomfortable that may be for the Owner in the short term. 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

I don’t come on here and wait for response, I don’t comment when we win ( players get paid for that ) but when we are as poor as we’ve been I will come on and say , with the hope players may read -you were shit and in last 4 games felt as professional players are a disgrace to the fans who pay your wages , if the guy at top is clueless you as professionals have a duty to perform, this you haven’t done for a month , I wouldn’t pay you , people ie fans loosing jobs , families can’t buy Christmas presents but you bunch of wasters are safe in your jobs , please read this your just lucky we’re not in the grounds 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Th injuries ended up with us playing safe in the first half of games, then being a little more front foot 2nd half. The problem is, it worked for a couple of games and so we stuck with it. We've not created much in the last 4/5 games. The change to 4-3-3 is fine, we do create a little more. But Wells is anonymous wide, our best finisher is stuck putting in crosses. We made Rotherham & Brum look like title chasers.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Holden has just said it was an even first half. Wtf?!!!!

I don't listen to them, at least not until later on. He's never going to say , we were shit, I should have made more subs, Martin was anonymous, I need to play Wells centrally is he?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

His first touch and ability to take it away from players is really very good. He’s fast and defenders aren’t sure how to handle him. But his shooting is absolutely dire. Rush of blood every time. If he can get that under control then he could be immense. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better though. 

Yep. He needs to stop shooting and look to play someone in from many of those positions. But that seem beyond his football intelligence level. Maybe it will come with time.