IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

Martin in desperate need of rest and Wells devoid of any service especially when playing wide.

We don’t we try front 3 of COD & Semenyo either side of Wells, give us some real pace/high pressing up top and would discourage the constant high balls to Martin. 

Bakkinson at the base of midfield with Nagy & Massengo offering the energy middle of pitch. 

9 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I don’t come on here and wait for response, I don’t comment when we win ( players get paid for that ) but when we are as poor as we’ve been I will come on and say , with the hope players may read -you were shit and in last 4 games felt as professional players are a disgrace to the fans who pay your wages , if the guy at top is clueless you as professionals have a duty to perform, this you haven’t done for a month , I wouldn’t pay you , people ie fans loosing jobs , families can’t buy Christmas presents but you bunch of wasters are safe in your jobs , please read this your just lucky we’re not in the grounds 

Post like this always make me laugh. The other team get paid too and we can't both win.

20 hours ago, Alessandro said:

As with Millwall...will probably give OTIB a miss again tonight.

Hope i'm wrong, but 2-0 Preston tonight for me.

Bare-bones, mentally and physically fatigued, confidence drained, goals dried up.

Just don't see away to Preston being the game we turn the tide.

Jeez that's a depressing post, sorry!

Your prediction was close mate. Hope things turn around quickly. Have a good Xmas 

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's a measure of my faith in this side and Holden that I didn't follow the game tonight or even bother checking the score, until a Leicester City friend who had been watching it texted to say we were shit in the first half, but how did we avoid scoring in the second.

Well I did watch the game and your friend is spot on.

Really dreadful  first half but much much better in the second  and only two top CoD saves from Rudd denied City.

Its not a surprise to lose at Deepdale. Disappointed but not too deflated. Onwards and upwards......

I remember the days Steve Gibson sticking to his plan of a long term strategy and trying to play creative passing football and bringing through academy players. 

One morning he must have finally woken up and called Neil Warnock. 

It's of course no coincidence that a dozen and more clubs have likely done the same and, more often than not, be rewarded with a promotion within a year of Warnock taking over.

Steve Lansdown meanwhile remains doggedly glued to his plan. 

Watch Boro creep to promotion this season when last they were heading for relegation without him. 

And let's face it we are not even being entertained with tippy happy mid table Championship football. For the supporters at least, whom Ashton continues to laud and patronise in equal measure, there is not much to get enthused about since he walked through the door.

There are far too many decent squads and far too many experienced managers in this division for City to improve on last season. History tells us that. I would be utterly delighted if Holden were to prove me and many of us wrong but, once again, I very much doubt it and why risk it when you simply don't have to. 

17 hours ago, Sitrom said:

Are you alright mate because that's the most lucid you've ever been?  It's like city has broken you.

Sorry for being a bit short but I was about to stream the game. I'm fine thank you. As fine as I have been watching constant bull shit since more or less the 20th of November 1977

The worrying thing about our silver lining of “at least we were better in the second half” is that might simply be a result of PNE taking the 1-0 lead and thinking that’ll do nicely, then simply letting us have the ball. If they did their homework they’d know we’re toothless in attack and they’d be able to hold on for the win.

8 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

The worrying thing about our silver lining of “at least we were better in the second half” is that might simply be a result of PNE taking the 1-0 lead and thinking that’ll do nicely, then simply letting us have the ball. If they did their homework they’d know we’re toothless in attack and they’d be able to hold on for the win.

Worst home team in the league and we sat back from start

Archived