IGNORED

Preston North End (a) – Fri 18th Dec 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Aipearcey

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Mariappa basically organising a school trip on the bench.

Hope their parents have consented to them being allowed out after 8 o'clock at night. 

A weak, inexperienced bench no doubt.

But despite the players out, there’s still plenty of experience and quality, at championship (and international) levels and first choice players in that first team.

Already said not sure we’ll get a result tonight, but looking at that team, it should at least be competing. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda back in I am happy with. But why not Semenyo too?

We could have had Semeneyo and Wells up top and O'Dowda joining in from deep. 3 pacy players attacking space.

Martin not been playing well.

I hope the wing backs play better tonight. They offered so little last game. 

I don't agree with that side but to be fair not a lot to choose from for Holden.

These injuries are ridiculous. And surely we will only get more. It seems like not many are close to returning, so I expect some of those kids to be starting soon enough! Great to see them on the bench.

Recall Pring and maybe Palmer too in January I think

Jonny Smith too or is he still injured @Garycpos?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

We could have had Semeneyo and Wells up top and O'Dowda joining in from deep. 3 pacy players attacking space.

I don't agree with that side but to be fair not a lot to choose from for Holden.

These injuries are ridiculous. And surely we will only get more. It seems like not many are close to returning, so I expect some of those kids to be starting soon enough! Great to see them on the bench.

Agree with much of your post but unsure on this bit- if Pring is developing well at Portsmouth, might it not be better to let him develop unhindered in a consistent environment?

Palmer- maybe but I have reservations tactically.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree with much of your post but unsure on this bit- if Pring is developing well at Portsmouth, might it not be better to let him develop unhindered in a consistent environment?

Palmer- maybe but I have reservations tactically.

He just had a decent 90 at Hull and Pompey went top winning 2-0

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

He just had a decent 90 at Hull and Pompey went top winning 2-0

Sounds like he might be then!

Only real argument to recall is if we saw this season as a bit of a transitonal one- IMO of course- and he got gametime week in, week out or at least as first reserve to DaSilva- rotating regularly.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not Dave but looks like a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 to me.

However I shall await @Davefevs to put that right.

The team is set up to be fluid. There’s no set formation - it’s changes throughout the game, in possession, out of possession etc etc......

Defenders, midfielders and forwards is the way I look at the line ups. 

Just now, Robbored said:

The team is set up to be fluid. There’s no set formation - it’s changes throughout the game, in possession, out of possession etc etc......

Defenders, midfielders and forwards is the way I look at the line ups. 

There is that. Looks to me though like if it's a 4-2-3-1, Johnson e.g. might be central of the '3' and more likely to drop back into a 4-3-3 as and when. Some players are better suited to that than others of course.

16 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

School finished yesterday and they`ve got the holidays to get their homework done.

At the rate we're going we will soon  be getting Kai Rooney on loan from Man U and on our bench. 

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Mariappa basically organising a school trip on the bench.

With Uncle Max ensuring the adult:child ratio is kept ???

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Semenyo has looked knackered the last couple Jon, guess that’s why.  Martin hasn’t been playing well, but I just think he’s gone Chris over Antoine purely on fatigue (not a lot in it though).

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not Dave but looks like a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 to me.

However I shall await @Davefevs to clarify.

think their 4231 morphs to 433 quite easily.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo has looked knackered the last couple Jon, guess that’s why.  Martin hasn’t been playing well, but I just think he’s gone Chris over Antoine purely on fatigue (not a lot in it though).

Thanks Dave. Are you okay to list the players in those formations?

Very inexperienced bench but that's not to say they won't give a good account of themselves if called upon.

Perhaps there is another Gow or Merrick amongst them, both of whom made their debuts in this division at 17 and held their own.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon so. Johnson is one of those who can flit between more standard CM and attacking midfield more easily I think.

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Thanks Dave. Are you okay to list the players in those formations?

Look at my original post....???

Rudd

Fisher Huntingdon Davies Earl

Browne Gallagher

Barhuizen Johnson Sinclair

Maguire

For 433, Johnson drops in.

Archived