IGNORED

The 80s music. The good, the bad, the ridiculous, and the the f ing sublime

AppyDAZE

59 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Me and the Mrs were discussing whether they regret burning that £1million now. Not that they will earn much through streaming rights, wonder if they did a deal?

Don`t be fooled into thinking the million was all theirs - a lot of it apparently belonged to Julian Cope and he was not best pleased by the whole thing going by various statements he`s made since!

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Me and the Mrs were discussing whether they regret burning that £1million now. Not that they will earn much through streaming rights, wonder if they did a deal?

I thought the story went that they more than made their money back through the filming of it?

6 hours ago, Offside said:

Blood & Chocolate by Elvis Costello - the album was released in about 1986 but is very far away from the stereotypical 80s sound. 

As you may tell from my earlier post on here, I am rather partial to a little bit of Blood and Chocolate.  And, King of America which I regard alongside B+C as Elvis's best 2 albums, both from the same year (almost).

AND, all the talk of Splodgenessabounds and Charlton, when we played Charlton down at Selhurst Park (must have been very early 90s), a few of us were getting the train back and were in the same carriage as a very sweaty, overweight Scouse fella and a wiry, wired Cockney geezer.  Both clearly speeding their nut off but very friendly.  Turned out the wiry wired guy was Max Splurge heading up to Islington for a gig that he was doing up there.  He offered us all free tickets which we would have taken up if we didn't have other plans.  Nice fella though.

Eventually saw Max Splodge supporting Bad Manners us at Scarborough Scooter Rally circa 2011.  

32 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

As you may tell from my earlier post on here, I am rather partial to a little bit of Blood and Chocolate.  And, King of America which I regard alongside B+C as Elvis's best 2 albums, both from the same year (almost).

AND, all the talk of Splodgenessabounds and Charlton, when we played Charlton down at Selhurst Park (must have been very early 90s), a few of us were getting the train back and were in the same carriage as a very sweaty, overweight Scouse fella and a wiry, wired Cockney geezer.  Both clearly speeding their nut off but very friendly.  Turned out the wiry wired guy was Max Splurge heading up to Islington for a gig that he was doing up there.  He offered us all free tickets which we would have taken up if we didn't have other plans.  Nice fella though.

Eventually saw Max Splodge supporting Bad Manners us at Scarborough Scooter Rally circa 2011.  

I’d not read through the whole thread so didn’t see your post - but I agree King of America is fantastic as well and it’s amazing that two albums of such quality were released in quick succession. 

51 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Having the red skies over paradise album is about the only time I got some music kudos at uni 

"Going deaf for a living" is my favourite. Now have a compilation CD just called "The Best" which to me is great. Not a bad track on it IMO. Also think they were a very underrated band. The track "So Long" will always be a favourite for me probably because they said she was living in France !!

Not many bands sing about Cruise Missiles either.

Archived