IGNORED

Callum O’Dowda’s twin brother

ohhhshauntaylor

I wouldn’t go as far as excellent. I’d suggest he did what he ought to be doing every half with the role he’s given. Running with intent, shooting and causing problems. 

He still reverted to type and gave the ball away and put in some woeful crosses in that second half.

We’re so used to him being utterly anonymous and having no effect on a game that when he turns up for 20 minutes it goes to our head. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Weird as he was quality second half.

First half everyone was poor, possibly due to the system not working. 2nd half 442 we looked so much better. O'Dowda was our main threat and unlucky not to score twice.

No he wasn't quality.

It was typical o dowda....lots of effort with zero end product. The shot and header were both good efforts but any decent keeper saves them comfortably.

We played a really poor side today and still didn't create anything other than half chances.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

2 great efforts at goal is good end product.

Some really dangerous crosses into the box too.

Possibly our best player 2nd half I thought

They weren't great efforts. The first one was a save every keeper in the league makes. The 2nd one he did well to get into the position but as the commentator said 1 goal in 50 odd games sums him up.

Oh and 1 good corner does make up for what has been awful deliveries all season.

Not good enough. Only playing because we literally have noone else.

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

First shot he cut inside and hit it with bend and power and it was going right in the corner. Fantastic effort and superb save. 

Header he couldn't have done any better with, got up so well and a powerful header. Decent enough save. O'Dowda could not really have done much better with that one.

Thought he put in some fantastic corners like he has been all season.

Seriously. "Fantastic corners like he has been all season" is that a serious comment?

Look, your a fan boy, a perfect example of someone who sees what they want to so you can con yourself into believing something that is miles away from reality.

If the shot was in the corner it goes in....it didnt, because it wasn't....o dowda could of done more with the header, he could of scored, made it unsaveable.....he didn't.

He equates to 1 league goal and 1 assist per season....that is the reality....try as hard as you might, con yourself as much as you want....those are the hard facts....pretty embarrassing really.

3 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Seriously. "Fantastic corners like he has been all season" is that a serious comment?

Look, your a fan boy, a perfect example of someone who sees what they want to so you can con yourself into believing something that is miles away from reality.

If the shot was in the corner it goes in....it didnt, because it wasn't....o dowda could of done more with the header, he could of scored, made it unsaveable.....he didn't.

He equates to 1 league goal and 1 assist per season....that is the reality....try as hard as you might, con yourself as much as you want....those are the hard facts....pretty embarrassing really.

He has a different opinion to you. Chill out.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Weird as he was quality second half.

First half everyone was poor, possibly due to the system not working. 2nd half 442 we looked so much better. O'Dowda was our main threat and unlucky not to score twice.

Not everyone was poor first half.  Callum was decent / good second half, admittedly.  But too many players are only playing for bits of games.  It’s not good enough.

From a ratings points of view I’ve rarely given out so many 4/10s as I have of late.

We can’t expect to win a game playing 45 minutes....even then Preston still had their chances and took the sting out of any pressure, some of it cynically, some with a bit of keep+ball.

8 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

And you are a relentless whinger about anything and everything , on repeat who can’t see further than the end of your nose , because you’ve already made your mind up 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not everyone was poor first half.  Callum was decent / good second half, admittedly.  But too many players are only playing for bits of games.  It’s not good enough.

From a ratings points of view I’ve rarely given out so many 4/10s as I have of late.

We can’t expect to win a game playing 45 minutes....even then Preston still had their chances and took the sting out of any pressure, some of it cynically, some with a bit of keep+ball.

I cannot buy into anyone in a football team having anywhere near a decent half of football when there is zero attempts at the opposition goal.

Even less so when the opposition have conceded the most goals in the division.

Dumbfounding we are.

Thought he was City’s best player last night, but that isn’t really an award worth winning. He’s been better recently, but again, it’s starting from such a low base..

Now and again you can be guilty of thinking that some sort of actual attacking threat may be provided by him and Semenyo, but then you remember he’s got 1 goal in his last 53 games and Semenyo currently had 0 goals in 33 league games for City. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm a fan of all our players.

Assists can be misleading. Jorginho for Chelsea had zero assists a couple of seasons ago and Chelsea fans were not happy. As I guess they probably have to look at stats to make up their mind about a player like you have to.

But with him it was because Chelsea players kept missing every chance he created. Just bad luck.

I think O'Dowda causes problems and creates chances whether it's from his final pass or not. His off the ball work is superb too which helps the side win back possession.

You seem to think it's impossible for goalies to save shots that are going in the corner of the goal. O'Dowda shot was going right in the corner and the goalie perfectly positioned and moving that way as O'Dowda shot meant he managed to get to it.

He doesn't assist, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't have any sense composure, he constantly makes the wrong decision when in a decent position.

Sorry, he is crap. Nice guy, athletic, runs around a lot.....but 1 good game in 20 isn't acceptable at this level.

Rightly won't get a look in when players are back....and that's because he just doesn't impact games enough.

Why we offered him a new deal is beyond me.

Archived